Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby eraserhead

Pink Ball wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Surprised to see them having such a happy chat.

Sullivan and Murphy? Aye. Sullivan actually named him and only him when asked to name who he disliked on tour.

Yeah quite a friendly end to the match but it's easier when you've won I suppose. Maybe they'll commentate together one day. :love:

Postby HappyCamper

Ash147 wrote:Is that it for Ronnie until the World Open? If so, we won't be seeing him again until the end of October.

is he not doing the english open again?

Postby HappyCamper

TheRocket wrote:last time a player won the same tournament three times in a row? Must be Hendry and the World title?

hendry and the uk in 96 i think.

edit - or premier league snooker for o'sullivan if that counts.

Postby Ash147

HappyCamper wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Is that it for Ronnie until the World Open? If so, we won't be seeing him again until the end of October.

is he not doing the english open again?

He hasn't entered it so far.

Postby TheRocket

HappyCamper wrote:
TheRocket wrote:last time a player won the same tournament three times in a row? Must be Hendry and the World title?

oh yeah true I forgot the Premier League. But yeah fair to say the last proper event where it happened was Hendry and the UK.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:The Premier League never counts.

It was actually a proper event in the early 00's. Bo8 in the group stage. Bo11 semis and a bo17 final without a shot clock.

Once the shot clock came it lost its prestige.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

oh yeah true I forgot the Premier League. But yeah fair to say the last proper event where it happened was Hendry and the UK.

Yep, and it was none other than Ronnie himself who stopped Hendry's run by beating him 10-6 in the 1997 final. And that loss seemed to set something off in Hendry as he got beat in the following year's UK Championship 9-0 beat by Marcus Campbell. rofl

Postby TheRocket

Amazing how Snooker works. He was probably a ball away from losing to Wilson and now he's won the title.

We've seen it so many times.

Postby Ash147

AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:

It was actually a proper event in the early 00's. Bo8 in the group stage. Bo11 semis and a bo17 final without a shot clock.

The shot clock made it better. Every pro event should have a shot clock.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Amazing how Snooker works. He was probably a ball away from losing to Wilson and now he's won the title.

We've seen it so many times.

ROS is the King of the Snooker World. :mosh:

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

No there shouldnt. You need a lot of thinking time for certain shots.

And I say this as someone who supports strict rules in terms of deliberate slow play.

But the current rule seem to work allright. Atm there are only 3-4 players who have a slower AST than 30 seconds. Even people like Lawler and McLeod got faster.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

And I say this as someone who supports strict rules in terms of deliberate slow play.

But the current rule seem to work allright. Atm there are only 3-4 players who have a slower AST than 30 seconds. Even people like Lawler and McLeod got faster.

Shot clock + a time out for tough shots

Postby Ash147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Shot clock + a time out for tough shots

+1

Postby Iranu

Shot clock’s a terrible idea.

How can you have time outs for tough shots when you’ve no idea how many tough shots players will have to think about?

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Shot clock’s a terrible idea.

How can you have time outs for tough shots when you’ve no idea how many tough shots players will have to think about?

+1

I'm not against shot clocks, in fact I loved the Premier League and tournaments like the Shoot-Out, but leave it at that.

Postby Prop

Shot clocks... hmmmm. If only there was an existing event already using a shot clock that could serve as a convenient illustration of either:

Its complete success, making the sport faster, higher quality, better to watch, and a much more accurate measure of a snooker player’s ability to play snooker

Or...

The complete opposite of all that.

I think you guys are trolling.

Postby Andre147

Like TR said, ROS was a couple shots away from losing against Wilson and now he's champion for the 3rd straight year.

He just loves this event, you can see he's trying his hardest and when he misses becomes annoyed, a sign that he really cares.

4 titles for him here since this event began in 2007, another lost final too. Its a bit like the CoC and The Masters for him, but in China.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:That bastard Hearn made it into a non-ranker in order to force ROS to play in other events.

Lol... he's still playing in this regardless its a ranker or not, and in fact in 2017 when it was a ranker and he won he played in almost everything.

Postby Ash147

This should definitely be a ranking event. Making this an invitational was one of Hearn's worst decisions, and that's saying something.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie :hatoff: He's got this.

Never in doubt. Unlike Ash who doesn't seem to believe Ronnie's capable of winning matches...

Postby Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Murphy takes the lead again, he now leads 7-6. He's edging ever closer to his first Shanghai Masters title.

yeah and ronnie is 1000 miles away from the title by being 6-7 down

Ronnie isn't playing good enough to win today. I've been saying that all day, but you don't appear to be listening.

You said the exact same thing when Ronnie was playing Robbo. A broken clock is right twice a day as well. Ronnie can still win this, wouldn't surprise me at all.

:-)

Postby Lemnas

Ash147 wrote:This should definitely be a ranking event. Making this an invitational was one of Hearn's worst decisions, and that's saying something.

China already has three (even more a few years ago) ranking events with 128 players. The fans, sponsors and broadcasters over there want a big invitational event.