Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:Ronnie will be delighted to get out of this session at 5-5.

He looked nothing like delighted

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Still not sure how to break it to my mum that I'll need to watch the snooker as soon as I arrive...

Just tell her Ronnie's playing. She'll understand.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Murphy can’t punish. Fantastic yellow helps Ronnie level the match. :D

Set up very nice for later.

Great.

Not the greatest quality match but very entertaining.

More mistakes the better as far as im concerned flawless stuff has no real drama

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:

He should have been 4-0 down. To get out of there at 5-5 is an excellent result.

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

He should have been 4-0 down. To get out of there at 5-5 is an excellent result.

Ronnie has said he doesn't mind losing if he had played well or didnt have chances. whats snake hissing off Ronnie is hes not killing off frames that where his unhappiness stems from.

ive seen him come off winning 6-2 or 9-5 and looking snake hissed off.

Postby TheRocket

its good to see that a rusty Ronnie who is nowhere near his best still beat players like Wilson,Robertson and now he is in with a good chance to win against a confident Murphy who's been looking like a much better player than last season.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:its good to see that a rusty Ronnie who is nowhere near his best still beat players like Wilson,Robertson and now he is in with a good chance to win against a confident Murphy who's been looking like a much better player than last season.

That's what I'm thinking. It seems Ronnie's B-game is still good enough to beat a lot of top players.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Ronnie has said he doesn't mind losing if he had played well or didnt have chances. whats snake hissing off Ronnie is hes not killing off frames that where his unhappiness stems from.

ive seen him come off winning 6-2 or 9-5 and looking snake hissed off.

+1

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:its good to see that a rusty Ronnie who is nowhere near his best still beat players like Wilson,Robertson and now he is in with a good chance to win against a confident Murphy who's been looking like a much better player than last season.

That's what I'm thinking. It seems Ronnie's B-game is still good enough to beat a lot of top players.

This has been more like his C or D game.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:

It is. Its probably only a handful of players where he really needs to play his A-game imo. Players like Trump,Selby,Higgins.

+ on rare occasions you obviously also need it against journeymen who play the matches of their life.

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:Who remembers when Ronnie beat Murphy 13-3 at the 2014 WC, whilst playing his B game?

Yeah was a funny match that. Murphy made two one visit breaks in the first two frames. Then he was about to make it 3:0. ROS needed a Snooker which he got and won the frame. From then on Murphy was already a beaten man.

Their only good match at the Crucible was the one in 2011. ROS was 12:8 ahead, missed an easy yellow and Murphy started a little comeback. Made it 10:12 and was a few balls away from making it 11:12. He missed and ROS made a good pressure clearance to win on the black.

Postby GeF

Just saw the last 2 frames.
From what I see, espacially in frame 9, I'm not sure both players have the level to play the UK Women's Snooker Championship.

Postby eraserhead

Ash147 wrote:Second session starting shortly. It's finely poised at 5-5. Who do you all think will win?

Ronald

Postby GeF

eraserhead wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Second session starting shortly. It's finely poised at 5-5. Who do you all think will win?

Ronald

Mc Donald ?

Postby SnookerFan

At 5-5, I see Ronnie running away with it in the second session.

Murphy needed it to be 6-4 and to then to win frame 11.

Often, if you don't take advantage of Ronnie when he's playing like a mug, he doesn't extend you the courtesy of keep playing that way.

Postby eraserhead

GeF wrote:
eraserhead wrote:

Ronald

Mc Donald ?

Ronnie was playing like a clown.

Postby Ash147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I think Murphy will win it 11-9.

you should really think over to support a player bar Ronnie

Ronnie isn't the only player that I support.

Postby eraserhead

Terrible miss on the pink from Ronnie. If Murphy can't win this frame he's in trouble.

Postby Ash147

Poor start from Ronnie, but it was exactly what I was expecting. He doesn't look anywhere near good enough to win this final.