Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby Iranu

MJW 3-1 up against Gilbert.

If you’d seen the first frame that would be a huge surprise as Williams was all over the place. But frame 2 he found his form and has been excellent since then.

Postby Iranu

Williams wins 5-1. Gilbert played as badly in that last frame as Williams did in the first frame, which was lucky for Williams who needed a few chances to get over the line. Still, he’s into the semi finals.

Meanwhile Vafaei is now 4-2 up against Perry. You have to say he’s got the ‘easiest’ draw in terms of top players he could have faced but it’s still impressive stuff for a player who’s essentially forced to be part time.

Postby Iranu

Perry pulls back to 4-3. Vafaei actually played a good frame with the balls going difficult, but fluffed a couple of shots with the rest.

Come on Hossein!

Postby Andre147

Wild's loving this...

Well its been grity stuff, neither player wants to give away anything, they know both are capable of winning a frame in one visit.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Wild's loving this...

Well its been grity stuff, neither player wants to give away anything, they know both are capable of winning a frame in one visit.

This is what snooker is all about for me..yea we like the breaks but when i was growing up and getting hooked on Snooker this is what most matches was like.

Postby Andre147

Just realised...

Vafaei is into his 3rd ranking event semi-final, and he faces MJW again like in his first, at their 2017 China Open semi which MJW won confortably, 6-1.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Just realised...

Vafaei is into his 3rd ranking event semi-final, and he faces MJW again like in his first, at their 2017 China Open semi which MJW won confortably, 6-1.

Vafaei hasent lost a match this season and he is at a career high ranking of 31 and if he beats Williams will be about 22 for a player that has had to pull out of a lot of tournaments is impressive

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:My prediction for this tournament is that Murphy will win the title by defeating Williams in the final.

I'd actually happily watch that final.

Though I'd want Williams to win.

So do I but at some stage I expect Murphy to break that terrible streak he's having in finals atm. And Williams would be a better opponent for him than Judd or Ronnie was in the recent two finals.