Post a reply

Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 28th of October- Sunday 3rd of November at Yushan Sports Centre, Yushan, China

A Brilliant display from Stuart Bingham which saw him put out English Open Champion Mark Selby and he will now play 4 times World Champion John Higgins for a place in the semi final.

Ding Junhui though is out loosing convinsingly 5-1 to Michael Holt.

Also through is Kyren Wilson, David Gilbert and World Champion Judd Trump.

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Judd Trump v Michael Holt Trump leads 6-5
Stuart Bingham v John Higgins Higgins leads 13-7
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v David Gilbert Gilbert leads 2-0
Kyren Wilson v Zhou Yuelong Wilson leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open Quarter Finals !!

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
carayip wrote:Dave Gilbert looks like he has a good chance of making final again

And losing it again. Cant see him beating someone like Trump,Bingham or Higgins in the final.

He needs a journeyman.

He could really do with Holt somehow making it through that half.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
carayip wrote:Dave Gilbert looks like he has a good chance of making final again

And losing it again. Cant see him beating someone like Trump,Bingham or Higgins in the final.

He needs a journeyman.

He would need Holt, but he won't have him in the Final so yeah if he manages to get there far he'll likely lose it.

But credit to the guy, after losing so many finals he's still reaching the latter stages of events regularly.

Postby Vallomas

I would love a Trump v Higgins re-match after the World Final - a clash of those two is always entertaining. But Bingham was phenomenal today and I think that he will be too strong for Jonhny too.

Theppy has gone under the read so far, because he had a really favourable draw. I would like to see him in a proper ranking final.

Postby Andre147

Vallomas wrote:I would love a Trump v Higgins re-match after the World Final - a clash of those two is always entertaining. But Bingham was phenomenal today and I think that he will be too strong for Jonhny too.

Theppy has gone under the read so far, because he had a really favourable draw. I would like to see him in a proper ranking final.

Me too.

Then we would see if Trump has finally found the right formula to beat nemesis Higgins.

Postby hendry_fan

Good on The Hitman for gettin so far in a tourney again.

Just read that he only trails Trump 6-5 in there Head to Head.I,ve never ever seen them play against each other.

Teppys never beaten Gilbo!. :-)

I,m not bovered who wins tomorrow as i like em both.

I,m not bovered who wins btween Wilson n Zhou neither.

Johns up against Mr Century.

Bar his match against Ning,Johns been scorein Pretty good himself this week so far.

COME ONN JOHN!.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Could be another Ogden Vs Gilbert match upcoming.

Whodat??

Oh bucking spell check.

That's my tablet.

How badly did you type Walden for it to autocorrect to Ogden?

Postby Raphael98

Well, Bingham vs Higgins... Tough call, could go to anyone's way. Trump vs Holt, although Trump is the favourite, he has to be wary of Holt, who surprised Hawkins and Ding consecutively. Wilson vs Yuelong, well another one which could go all the way, and Un-Nooh vs Gilbert, I think Gilbert is the favourite, although I wouldn't be that surprised if Thep won.

Good luck to all the players (and to you contestants of the prediction contest). Will try to catch up some of it.

Postby Andre147

Higgins v Bingham... toss of a coin. Gonna say Higgins wins, after that God mode display from Bingham v Selby, he can't play any better.

Trump v Holt, Trump wins it, should have been out v Perry, and many a time that player wins the title.

Kyren v Yuelong, Kyren should do the job.

Gilbert v Theppy... quite an interesting match, I think Theps might win, but needs a good start.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Could be another Ogden Vs Gilbert match upcoming.

Whodat??

Oh bucking spell check.

That's my tablet.

How badly did you type Walden for it to autocorrect to Ogden?

It's not even Walden playing. I misread Wilson.

I really played a blinder there.