Post a reply

Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open Semi Finals !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 28th of October- Sunday 3rd of November at Yushan Sports Centre, Yushan, China

So its a repeat of the World Final as John Higgins defeated Stuart Bingham 5-2 to set up the Match With Judd Trump and in the other Semi Final Thepchaiya Un-Nooh through to his 5th ranking semi final first since 2016 and yet to reach a Final he will be up against Kyren Wilson the German Masters Champion.

Who will Progress to the final with a chance of picking up the £150,000?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Judd Trump v John Higgins Higgins leads 22-11
------------------------------------------------------------------
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Kyren Wilson Wilson leads 2-1

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open Semi Finals !!

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:Trump vs Thep would be a great final. But I wouldnt mind Trump vs Wilson either given the needle/rivalry.

It would be nice to see Judd get revenge for that final defeat in China four years ago.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Trump vs Thep would be a great final. But I wouldnt mind Trump vs Wilson either given the needle/rivalry.

I still don't understand their needle. Where does it come from?

I have no clue. Maybe just fierce competitive instincts about who is the better player. Even though Trump certainly is well ahead now in that department.

Funnily enough though they'll play an exhibition match in early January (in Germany).

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:I have no clue. Maybe just fierce competitive instincts about who is the better player. Even though Trump certainly is well ahead now in that department.

Funnily enough though they'll play an exhibition match in early January (in Germany).

I did wonder originally whether the needle was fictitious commentator talk. But Judd does appear to be a bit into it.

The impression I get is that Judd doesn't like Kyren, and Kyren doesn't have much of a clue as to why.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

I still don't understand their needle. Where does it come from?

It was widely covered. Let's go over it one more time.

Kyren mentioned in an interview that he thought Judd had underachieved.

Trump responded on twitter dissing Kyren. Trump was interviewed about it and he was clearly not happy about Kyren's remarks.

Trump then went into overdrive. Winning the world's etc

Postby SnookerFan

chengdufan wrote:Thepchaiya is a recent ranking event winner, Wildey.
He also won the pro-am Haining Open last week, beating Selby in the Semis.

Yes, but you must confess, controversially so.

Do you really want to have a conversation with Wild about the Shoot Out's ranking event status? The only user on here that gets more animated on that issue than I do. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:It was widely covered. Let's go over it one more time.

Trump responded on twitter dissing Kyren. Trump was interviewed about it and he was clearly not happy about Kyren's remarks.

He should be thanking Kyren then, shouldn't he? It's given him the intensive.

Besides, if anything Kyren was paying him a compliment. Unlike when Allen said Bingham had no bottle, which is clearly dissing him as player, saying somebody has underachieved is saying that they have more talent than their trophy collection would suggest.

The fact that Judd has suddenly won more trophies in the past year doesn't do anything other than prove Kyren correct.

So what's the big deal?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I remember Ogden said "Judd needs to practise more like me"

Judd replied "If I had a cue action like his I would practise more"

:D

Oh right.

Then yeah, I can see why Judd would take some offence at that.

Though, to be fair to Ogden, it is true. Trump has come on leaps and bounds since his brother started making sure he put in the hours.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I remember Ogden said "Judd needs to practise more like me"

Judd replied "If I had a cue action like his I would practise more"

:D

Haha yes that was it! Well remembered!

BUURRRNNNNEEEEEDDDDDD!!

EAT CROW OGDEN!!

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

Besides, if anything Kyren was paying him a compliment. Unlike when Allen said Bingham had no bottle, which is clearly dissing him as player, saying somebody has underachieved is saying that they have more talent than their trophy collection would suggest.

The fact that Judd has suddenly won more trophies in the past year doesn't do anything other than prove Kyren correct.

So what's the big deal?

It’s not just that. Judd also pointed out that at that time he’d already won far more than Ogden, so how could Ogden tell him what to do (even if he was right).

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:What the buck is this Ogden thing?

The short version is that I was talking about him, and autocorrect ballsed up and came out with Ogden and I didn't notice until after I posted.

To confuse matters, I'd got names mixed up due to be senile. So I was saying Walden, when I meant Wilson. So Walden autocorrected to Ogden.

Bottom line is that Wilson is now called Ogden on this forum.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

So what's the big deal?

It’s not just that. Judd also pointed out that at that time he’d already won far more than Ogden, so how could Ogden tell him what to do (even if he was right).

Point is, Judd's a idiot.