Post a reply

Re: 19.com Northern Ireland Open Last 128 and Qualifying Mat

Postby Holden Chinaski

Erza Scarlet wrote:There's a YouTuber called Nikolay who somehow manages to post all the matches that aren't televised in HD, and I mean every match but I don't know what website/stream he's using to get them.

That's right, I've seen his vids.

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:Video round up from yesterday narrated by the Island's favourite commentator https://mobile.twitter.com/WorldSnooker ... 6192219136

Aside from Phil this wasn't half bad especially as I'll be missing most of this tournament.

Should be back for the final at the weekend. I can't wait to see Alan lift the crystal cup.

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Video round up from yesterday narrated by the Island's favourite commentator https://mobile.twitter.com/WorldSnooker ... 6192219136

Aside from Phil this wasn't half bad especially as I'll be missing most of this tournament.

Should be back for the final at the weekend. I can't wait to see Alan lift the crystal cup.

About as likely as Tony Drago lifting it.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
McManusFan wrote:

About as likely as Tony Drago lifting it.

Alan McManus might lift the trophy.

If Eurosport get him to commentate, and let him present it to the winner.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:So, the Higgins match wasn't up to much yesterday?

It got netter towards the end, Chang had a maximum attempted that ended on 105 and another big break to get to 3-2. Then Higgins did what he normally does.

The Murphy match was pretty crap.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Is Kamikaze the best term to describe his snooker?

He's never actually died after playing it.

In a successful kamikaze attack both the attacker and target would be destroyed. So really for the metaphor to work both players would have to lose.

Postby Wildey

Godot wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ross Bullman.

He was 1 frame away from qualifying for the Main Tour proper through the Order of Merit. That's gotta be a sickener.

He was 2 frames away he lost 4-2 to Soheil Vahidi.

But hes still had some Ranking tournaments to go for this is his 4th and yet to win a match winning just 5 frames

Postby Dan-cat

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is Kamikaze the best term to describe his snooker?

He's never actually died after playing it.

In a successful kamikaze attack both the attacker and target would be destroyed. So really for the metaphor to work both players would have to lose.

Factually correct, although you are allowed artist licence in a metaphor, aren't you?