Post a reply

Re: 2019 World Seniors Championship - The Crucible

Postby Cloud Strife

HustleKing wrote:
carayip wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
carayip wrote:Then I guess I am just different to the majority of English audience. If my favourite player sinks to that level of play, I definitely don’t want to watch him anymore.

You've got to remember that the sort of people who post on a forum about snooker are not the same sort of people who make up the majority of the viewership.

I just don’t quite understand the English public then. If they love Jimmy the person so much, they can always watch him on Eurosport sofa and in exhibitions. If they love Jimmy the player, wouldn’t it be painful to watch him no longer being able to play the way you loved him for in the 1st place

Agree and Andy Murray is in a similar situation, at least in singles. I don't know why he doesn't just concentrate on doubles where he has a partner to potentially bail him out on a poor performance, instead of constantly losing to average journeyman players in singles. If only Jimmy was given special dispensation for a playing partner every other shot <laugh>

Ignorant post.

Murray's only been back for two tournaments after a 7 month, career threatening injury. Did you expect him to immediately pick up where he left off? <doh>

Postby HustleKing

Cloud, I mean't that Murray is spent as a singles player because of his injuries. Unfortunately, he will lost most if not all single matches he may choose to play from here on in. I would love if Murray was capable of challenging the big 3 for Slams again, but that is not gonna happen. I'm not hating on Murray, I'd just like to see him stick to doubles where actually he has a chance of winning events, as he proved recently

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
carayip wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
carayip wrote:Then I guess I am just different to the majority of English audience. If my favourite player sinks to that level of play, I definitely don’t want to watch him anymore.

You've got to remember that the sort of people who post on a forum about snooker are not the same sort of people who make up the majority of the viewership.

I just don’t quite understand the English public then. If they love Jimmy the person so much, they can always watch him on Eurosport sofa and in exhibitions. If they love Jimmy the player, wouldn’t it be painful to watch him no longer being able to play the way you loved him for in the 1st place

I dunno, maybe it's a British thing, but we tend be very loyal to our favourite sports stars and teams, and tend to stick with them through thick and thin. We'll come out and support them even when they are absolute dog marmite.

you call it loyal and i call it sadistic.