Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League 2019/2020 !!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Disagree Wildey.

Sport is entertainment. Seeing players push the boat out for 147s is thrilling.

When Ronnie was 3 nil up against an inferior opponent in the UK when he made his second to last 147, he was actively going for 147s after every frame then. And he got one

I Get no enjoyment at all out of that i want to see proper snooker played When players do that i want to give them a good slap.

We know what kind of matches you like :-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Disagree Wildey.

Sport is entertainment. Seeing players push the boat out for 147s is thrilling.

When Ronnie was 3 nil up against an inferior opponent in the UK when he made his second to last 147, he was actively going for 147s after every frame then. And he got one

I Get no enjoyment at all out of that i want to see proper snooker played When players do that i want to give them a good slap.

You're a sad sod then. :td: <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Centuries are still good, but financially there's no difference between making 100 and making 147 now. Barry Hearn has done a lot of great things for the game, but this move to collectivise 147's is just stupid.

I'm not saying I particularly agree with Hearn's million pounds 20-147s rule. I think it's just a way for him to pretend there's more prize money than there actually is.

At the same time, I was never big on getting massive prizes. The £147,000 at The Crucible seemed too much. Especially as they are so common nowadays. It was more fitting in the 1980s, when there was only eight made in the whole decade.

I still don't think they are pointless though, no matter what the financial gain is. I do agree though, that players have less incentive to go for a difficult black if they run out of position.

I Find it Bizare that a hobby that became a proffesion comes down to £££££££ signs when your at the table playing for pride of performance why should making a max come down to cold hard cash.

Why is SF replying to Ash, has he been un-banned ? :?

I replied to that months ago. Wild quoted it all a few days ago.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Think Judd hit his 700th century today

He will probably go down having more tons than any other player in history.
He can even reach 2000 by the time he retires. :dizzy:

2000 is pushing it but I agree he will become the most prolific ever century maker

Postby Andre147

There's little doubt he will become the game's most prolific breakbuilder.

But Ronnie will always be the first one who hit 1000 century breaks and his breakbuilding knowledge is second to none.

Judd also benefited from having insane amount of tournaments nowadays, something Ronnie only had 5 or 6 years ago in his career. Not to mention Hendry of course back in his day.

Postby Juddernaut88

Hope Judd Trump can score over 103 centuries this season but the main objective is for him to win both the Tour Championship and World Championship, anything else would be a bonus!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hope Judd Trump can score over 103 centuries this season but the main objective is for him to win both the Tour Championship and World Championship, anything else would be a bonus!

Would be the best ever season of all time if he were to achieve those,

Don't expect him to achieve those tbf

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Hope Judd Trump can score over 103 centuries this season but the main objective is for him to win both the Tour Championship and World Championship, anything else would be a bonus!

I'm turning into Wild a bit with this, who kept harping on about how he didn't care about Robertson's Century Of Century tally when he did it.

It was cool to see it achieved, and nothing against Judd if he does it this season either. But now I've watched it achieved once, it being achieved again by other players feels less interesting.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Well it will nullify Robbo's achievement somewhat, having to share the spoils.

How many is he on? He's only got three tournaments left to do it in, two of those are long format though.

I don't think so.

These days there are so many tournaments and so many attacking players, there was always going to be somebody who repeated the achievement eventually. Robertson will always be the first.

Besides, it's not like it's the most important achievement in the world to start with. Trophy wins are what counts to a player's legacy, not how many centuries made. Century stats are more for interest than anything else.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:He's on 80 something isnt he? Should do it...

I think he should try to go for centuries in every frame, even if it means losing the frame, just to snake hiss Wildey off. :-D

Well, if there's any tournament worth doing it in, it's the Championship League.

Postby Wildey

I think he should try to go for centuries in every frame, even if it means losing the frame, just to snake hiss Wildey off. :-D

to reach 103 in 2014 Neil Robertson won 501 frames

Currently Judd has won 347 frames and made 85 centuries

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:

Wow. Nice stat. Much better strike rate!

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

That's actually quite interesting.

Don't know if that belittles Neil Robertson's achievements or not. He still won more frames than Judd, which you'd assume was the more important thing.

Postby Wildey

Gary Wilson is first man eliminated from the Winners Group losing all 5 of his matches winning just 5 frames.

his last match will be against Judd Trump.