Post a reply

ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 2 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 6th of November at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.

3 of the players in this group was in the semi finals of the World Open and the other had a date with A&E nobody sure how stephen Maguire will cope playing Trump but apparently after this event hes having a operation.

In the semi finals in Yushan Kyren Wilson lost from 3-0, 4-1 and 5-3 up against Thepchaiya Un-Nooh so he will be out for revenge this week.

Who makes the semi finals from this Group?

DRAW

Wednesday 6th of November

Group 2

1pm

Judd Trump 4-0 Stephen Maguire H2H Tied at 14-14

Followed by

Kyren Wilson 3-4 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh H2H Un-Nooh leads 3-2

7pm

Judd Trump 6-3 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh H2H Trump leads 5-1

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 2 !!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Why are the "groups" being played backwards?

We had Group 4 on Monday, Group 3 Tuesday, Group 2 today and Group 1 tomorrow.

It was ever thus, and it makes no sense.

I do actually like this format though, having a mini tournament each day. Always loved CoC

Postby SnookerFan

So far, Reanne Evans has won more frames in defeat than Martin Gould, Yan Bingtao and Matthew Selt combined. If Mags injury causes him to have a whitewash, it'll still be true mid-afternoon.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:So far, Reanne Evans has won more frames in defeat than Martin Gould, Yan Bingtao and Matthew Selt combined. If Mags injury causes him to have a whitewash, it'll still be true mid-afternoon.

They still deserve to be there more than she does.

Postby HappyCamper

It's a countdown like in the opening of Thunderbirds.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

It's a countdown like in the opening of Thunderbirds.

rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So far, Reanne Evans has won more frames in defeat than Martin Gould, Yan Bingtao and Matthew Selt combined. If Mags injury causes him to have a whitewash, it'll still be true mid-afternoon.

Last season Martin Gould won 23 Matches 12 of them was in the Championship League so im not sure about that to be fair

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Last season Martin Gould won 23 Matches 12 of them was in the Championship League so im not sure about that to be fair

Oh I was absolutely taking the snake hiss out of people who don’t think she deserves to be there <ok> she’s categorically proven them wrong.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

That's still 23 matches more than Reanne won on the main tour. I would say the Championship League is a far harder competition to win than the women's World Championship.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Oh I was absolutely taking the snake hiss out of people who don’t think she deserves to be there <ok> she’s categorically proven them wrong.

She hasn't.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:

She hasn't.

She’s demonstrably justified her place better than every male counterpart so far who won those more difficult tournaments.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:They still deserve to be there more than she does.

She hasn't.

She’s demonstrably justified her place better than every male counterpart so far who won those more difficult tournaments.

It's very subjective TBF. Sport, and least of all snooker, does not work on a binary scale, there are so many variables to consider. Just because Player A won 3 frames in defeat compared to Player B who only won 2 frames in defeat, does not automatically mean Player A performed better than Player B.

I don't think you can say she categorically proved anything to anyone either way, be they a supporter or a detractor.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't think you can say she categorically proved anything to anyone either way, be they a supporter or a detractor.

I think her inclusion in this tournament was justified, if I'm honest. As much as it needed justifying.

My whole thing about her winning more frames than the losing last-16ers combined wasn't really meant as proof of anything. More of an observation, and maybe slight dig at the people who said they didn't want her there purely because she's female.

This tournament is an invitational, and one in which she only appeared at due to being a reserve. If there'd been enough different winners of tournaments, she'd never have appeared. The point is, her appearance didn't really need to be justified. And even if it did, she took Shaun Murphy to a decider. So her place in this particular tournament seems warranted.

Nobody on here is saying anything more than that. We're not saying she should be given a wildcard through to the final stages of ranking events. We're not saying that one gender is better than another or anything like that.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:
It's very subjective TBF. Sport, and least of all snooker, does not work on a binary scale, there are so many variables to consider. Just because Player A won 3 frames in defeat compared to Player B who only won 2 frames in defeat, does not automatically mean Player A performed better than Player B.

I don't think you can say she categorically proved anything to anyone either way, be they a supporter or a detractor.

Yeah obviously I’m being a bit facetious. But I do think her inclusion has led to a more interesting match to watch than the other three, and from that point of view (which is only one aspect obviously) I do think she’s justified her inclusion more than them.

As SF says, I think it’s a bit silly that some think she needs justification anyway.