Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 1 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I liked Judds interview. He said he wants to learn as much as he can from the greats like Ronnie and Higgins. And no doubt he has.

I thought he came across very well.

Pleasant and engaging

Don't be fooled. It's all an act IMO.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:This is 90s ROS we're seeing here...

You calling him a fat useless bastard?

That was how Ronnie viewed himself in those days...

How do you know, were you his therapist?

Cloud is taking no rubbish.

Postby gallantrabbit

At least O'sullivan played the same way against Higgins as he did against White, although I'm still sure he was tring to let Jimmy in.
And yes the final clearance was something else, but I'd still rather anyone beat him, even a numpty as the berk so eloquently calls the lower ranked players he demands more money for rofl

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:This is 90s ROS we're seeing here...

You calling him a fat useless bastard?

That was how Ronnie viewed himself in those days...

How do you know, were you his therapist?

It's all in his autobiography. You should try putting your computer games down and read a book sometimes. You might learn something.

Postby mantorok

Ronnie surprised us with his style of play yesterday, it seems he never ceases to throw us fans a curveball that we don't see coming.

It was a very 90s performance, the entertainer seems to have broken through yet again, it seems he just wants to perform for the crowd and if he gets a win then it's a bonus.

It's good to see, and sure it's risky but it's edge-of-your-seat stuff and it was the reason any of us became fans in the first place.

Someone made a comment about him coasting the season to save his concentration for the WC, could be true, would be interesting to see how he plays for the rest of it.

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:Ronnie surprised us with his style of play yesterday, it seems he never ceases to throw us fans a curveball that we don't see coming.

It was a very 90s performance, the entertainer seems to have broken through yet again, it seems he just wants to perform for the crowd and if he gets a win then it's a bonus.

It's good to see, and sure it's risky but it's edge-of-your-seat stuff and it was the reason any of us became fans in the first place.

Someone made a comment about him coasting the season to save his concentration for the WC, could be true, would be interesting to see how he plays for the rest of it.

What other player in the game could come out and ignore the correct shot and just go hell for leather like that!?

My guess is he's feeling flat / low and he just wanted to try to get himself interested. He was playing so fast the poor ref was all over the office. Just like the 90s.

So good. So Ronnie. Love it.

Postby Dan-cat

Watching the Jimmy / Ronnie match - at 3 nil to Ronnie currently. Is so entertaining!!! Jimmy playing really well, Ronnie barely got a look in the first two frames. That shot Ronnie played to angle jimmy on the blue - brilliant. Flirting with the middle pocket like that the naughty devil. And how did that double for the frame that would have made it 2-1 stay out?!

I'll keep you all updated.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Watching the Jimmy / Ronnie match - at 3 nil to Ronnie currently. Is so entertaining!!! Jimmy playing really well, Ronnie barely got a look in the first two frames. That shot Ronnie played to angle jimmy on the blue - brilliant. Flirting with the middle pocket like that the naughty devil. And how did that double for the frame that would have made it 2-1 stay out?!

I'll keep you all updated.

It's okay.

We know what happened.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie has woken up, it's now 3-2

I'm going to be my life savings on Jimmy White to win.

He can't lose the same match twice, surely....

I'll take that bet!! How much you got?

Ha Ha.

I sneakily edited it. I don't think anybody noticed.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Jimmy in with a chance to take frame and match now...

Wow, is Jimmy actually going to beat Ronnie?

Good job I edited my previous post, or I'd look a right tit.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Gotta say, I thought there would be more shouts for Jimmy, but the crowd are defo massively pro-Ronnie. Probably because let's face it we would rather watch Ronnie continue than see Jimmy beaten in the next match.

C'MON JIMMY!!!!

You should rewatch the Reanne match now?

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:Ronnie surprised us with his style of play yesterday, it seems he never ceases to throw us fans a curveball that we don't see coming.

I doubt he's thinking about the WC to be honest.

I think he's just finding ways to get himself motivated. I thought we'd only see this kind of Ronnie again against lower ranked opponents, but yesterday he surprised us all with a 90s like performance. Risky for sure, but edge of your seat stuff.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Gotta say, I thought there would be more shouts for Jimmy, but the crowd are defo massively pro-Ronnie. Probably because let's face it we would rather watch Ronnie continue than see Jimmy beaten in the next match.

C'MON JIMMY!!!!

Last time the crowd were more pro-White was probably when he won against Ronnie at the 2002 Masters. That match was rowdy to say the least.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

C'MON JIMMY!!!!

Last time the crowd were more pro-White was probably when he won against Ronnie at the 2002 Masters. That match was rowdy to say the least.

What was The Masters where Ronnie beat Jimmy, and received some boos.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

C'MON JIMMY!!!!

What was The Masters where Ronnie beat Jimmy, and received some boos.

Ronnie beat Jimmy twice at The Masters.

2004 and 2005.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:I doubt he's thinking about the WC to be honest.

I think he's just finding ways to get himself motivated. I thought we'd only see this kind of Ronnie again against lower ranked opponents, but yesterday he surprised us all with a 90s like performance. Risky for sure, but edge of your seat stuff.

+1 all over the place. I just don't think he cared if he won or lost, so why get bogged down playing safe?

I can't wait to watch it again and again