Post a reply

Re: ManBetX Champion of Champions Group 1 !!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Erza Scarlet wrote:If its a Ronnie vs Judd final he will reign it in a bit and control his aggression.

He should probably. Can't afford to miss and leave Judd in amongst the reds... On the other hand, it would be interesting to see Ronnie go all out against Judd.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Higgins didnt look amused in the interview. Maybe feels disrespected by his opponents style of play.

I think he'll be eager to get one over the Rocket in their next meeting.

Yeah he might be fired up for the next one and win, we shall see.

But tonight just wow... think I need to watch that again.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:Higgins didnt look amused in the interview. Maybe feels disrespected by his opponents style of play.

I thought he was more disappointed about his own performance. He got chances. And he knows how Ronnie sometimes can be.

Postby Ck147

Erza Scarlet wrote:If its a Ronnie vs Judd final he will reign it in a bit and control his aggression.

Agree, Judd is the only one who can play at his level at the moment, hope they both make it to the final, should be a great match

Postby Holden Chinaski

He didn't look happy at all. Still better than two years ago when Ronnie whitewashed him.

Holden Chinaski wrote:

He should probably. Can't afford to miss and leave Judd in amongst the reds... On the other hand, it would be interesting to see Ronnie go all out against Judd.

Would like to see the Shanghai 2017 Ronnie. Not many breaks but cool, calm and collected

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:

He didn't look happy at all. Still better than two years ago when Ronnie whitewashed him.

Ronnie won 6-0 two years ago but this performance today was something else...

it's just the way he did, all out attack. The only safeties he played were the break offs.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:

Hopefully we'll see that Final and Ronnie plays as quick as he can. He could go down to 10 sec a shot like he says, and then Judd would be reminded of his comments.

As long as he plays like 2014 CoC I'm not bothered about the 10 seconds stuff lol but he won't aim for that time. He's in the SF he'll want it now.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:

He didnt give ROS any credit at all. Only spoke about the brown which he overhit. Reality is he actually played good but was just beaten by an opponent who went for everything and got the majority of them.
Last edited by TheRocket on 07 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Ck147 wrote:

Agree, Judd is the only one who can play at his level at the moment, hope they both make it to the final, should be a great match

Not wanting Robertson to go through?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

it's just the way he did, all out attack. The only safeties he played were the break offs.

It was crazy indeed. Against Higgins, of all people!

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

It was crazy indeed. Against Higgins, of all people!

Yeah, not some "numpty" as he calls it.

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

He didnt give ROS any credit at all. Only spoke about the brown which he overhit. Reality is he actually played good but was just beaten by an opponent who went for everything and got the majority of them.

He did credit the pink and last red though.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

He did credit the pink and last red though.

Did he? However. He is a great player no doubt , Higgins, but today he was surprised by his opponents style of play and actually quite affected by it. Higgins also went for a lot more shots and played quicker than he normally would be.
Last edited by TheRocket on 07 Nov 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Ck147

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Not wanting Robertson to go through?

Yes, but only if Robbo deserves to go through, he wasn't at his best the other day and prefer to watch quality even if that doesn't include my fave!

Postby TheRocket

one thing for sure. Robbo will try to keep it tight tomorrow and wont play anywhere near as agressive as ROS will do. Higgins tried to play kinda agressive himself and it didnt work.

Will be a very different match than what we've seen today.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:one thing for sure. Robbo will try to keep it tight tomorrow and wont play anywhere near as agressive as ROS will do. Higgins tried to play kinda agressive himself and it didnt work.

And Higgins was caught by surprise. Robbo on the other hand now knows this can happen so he'll be prepared.

TheRocket wrote:one thing for sure. Robbo will try to keep it tight tomorrow and wont play anywhere near as agressive as ROS will do. Higgins tried to play kinda agressive himself and it didnt work.

Agreed. Robbo always plays tactically mind games when it comes to slow the other down. We will see saftey battles.

But new day, new Ronnie

Postby Andre147

I'm just surprised Ronnie did this against his greatest rival.

He usually plays like this against lower ranked opponents. But boy we were entertained allright!

Postby Ck147

Robbo is never as aggressive as ROS or Judd, different style of play, he's more calculated, if you know what I mean? Sometimes he over does it, but when he's in peacock mode he's almost unstoppable, Just think Judd/ROS performance this week is a bit more than he could handle.

Postby mantorok

Johnny Bravo wrote:ROS was brilliant tonight and I really enjoyed the way he played. He went for everything.
This is why we Ronettes fans became his supporters in the first place. :win:

The match was on a knife edge. He could've missed some of those outrageous shots and lost and everyone on here would've been grabbing their pitchforks and screaming retire!

Postby TheRocket

Ck147 wrote:

Robbo is never as aggressive as ROS or Judd, different style of play, he's more calculated, if you know what I mean? Sometimes he over does it, but when he's in peacock mode he's almost unstoppable, Just think Judd/ROS performance this week is a bit more than he could handle.

Its very hard for Robbo to find a way of beating the likes of Judd and Ronnie. Especially in multi session matches. On the one hand we often criticize him for his overthinking and at times very tactical play.

But at the same time I cant blame him either. Going toe to toe against Judd and Ronnie and trying to outscore and outpot them is a huge task for anyone.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I doubt Ronnie gives a buck about Judd's comments. Only people on here seeming to get worked up about it.

It should be a great match should they meet

I meant it more as a joke. I also don't think Ronnie cares. He's just trying to enjoy the game.

Postby Johnny Bravo

mantorok wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:ROS was brilliant tonight and I really enjoyed the way he played. He went for everything.
This is why we Ronettes fans became his supporters in the first place. :win:

The match was on a knife edge. He could've missed some of those outrageous shots and lost and everyone on here would've been grabbing their pitchforks and screaming retire!

Fair point, but I still enjoyed him destroying Higgo by playing ultra-aggressive snooker. :happy: