Post a reply

Re: ManBetX C of C Semi Final O'Sullivan v Robertson !!

Postby Andre147

Great match, both players played their part in a great encounter.

It was lovely to see Ronnie playing the way he did v Higgins, and yes that streak v Robbo had to end somewhere.

But Ronnie needs to do well in the coming rankers. Well, win the UK again and he's home. Easy money.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Mark Selby is a better player than Judd when he's playing his A game. There seems to be something wrong with him though.

Trump’s A game is well ahead of Selby’s. I wouldn’t have been so sure before the World Championship final. To be honest, I didn’t realise until then just how good Trump can be.

This. Judd's performance in the 2019 final was superior to
Selby's in the 2017 semi-final. Both players were at their peaks.
Last edited by Ash147 on 08 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

I dont mind Judd being the best player atm. He's playing an attacking (a good to watch) Snooker and its interesting to see Ronnie in the position of the chaser.

But Holden is right when he says that a past his prime Ronnie or Higgins shouldnt be Judds biggest rivals. It should be players like Selby,Robertson or Ding.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:I think Mark Selby is a better player than Judd when he's playing his A game. There seems to be something wrong with him though.

Trump’s A game is well ahead of Selby’s. I wouldn’t have been so sure before the World Championship final. To be honest, I didn’t realise until then just how good Trump can be.

Judd's WC performance was the best WC final performance ever in many peoples opinion

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Jesus Christ...I...agree...with...Ash.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Judd's WC performance was the best WC final performance ever in many peoples opinion

It's undeniably the best ever WC final performance.
Last edited by Ash147 on 08 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Brings back memories.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Brings back memories.

I love you.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I’d go along with that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I just think Selby is a more complete player. Not talking about one single performance. Just overall matchplay. But I do agree Judd is out of this world right now. Selby has 3 World Titles. Judd needs to prove more.

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Selby is more likeable than Robertson, both on and off the table.

No. Selby's joking when it goes his way and thunder face otherwise is more annoying.

Also balcony.

Look, they’re both awful

They're both great, would be my dream threesome.

That explains the reason for Robertson walking around like he has something in his rectum, it was you this whole time.

Well it seemed to work for him and I get some much needed points in the predictions contest, both winners. How's it going with the new girl?

Postby TheRocket

It was the best performance in a World final imo. Never seen Higgins getting so destroyed over a four session match. And he wasnt playing badly btw.

The first thing I was asking myself after that World final was whether Trump can now really become the dominant force in the game. So far he's doing well. But time will tell.

Its a long season. A lot of tournaments. And he'll also suffer second or third round defeats. But its about the majors.
Last edited by TheRocket on 08 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Pink Ball

Holden Chinaski wrote:I just think Selby is a more complete player. Not talking about one single performance. Just overall matchplay. But I do agree Judd is out of this world right now. Selby has 3 World Titles. Judd needs to prove more.

I’d agree with that overall

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:Judd is head and shoulders above eveyone else right now, and that includes Ronnie.

Agree with you on this one

Postby Pink Ball

Ck147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Judd is head and shoulders above eveyone else right now, and that includes Ronnie.

I like what I saw from Robertson tonight. And contrary to my faux hatred of him, he seems a nice bloke away from the table.

Postby Ash147

Ck147 wrote:Well it seemed to work for him and I get some much needed points in the predictions contest, both winners. How's it going with the new girl?

All good. Thanks for asking.
Last edited by Ash147 on 09 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I like what I saw from Robertson tonight. And contrary to my faux hatred of him, he seems a nice bloke away from the table.

Love you x

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Well it seemed to work for him and I get some much needed points in the predictions contest, both winners. How's it going with the new girl?

That's good to hear. Do you know what to do? I'm sure everyone here will be happy to provide advice.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I dont mind Judd being the best player atm. He's playing an attacking (a good to watch) Snooker and its interesting to see Ronnie in the position of the chaser.

But Holden is right when he says that a past his prime Ronnie or Higgins shouldnt be Judds biggest rivals. It should be players like Selby,Robertson or Ding.

Couldn't agree more mate.

Sad state of affairs that two players past their prime still are his biggest rivals.

Hopefully Selby and Robertson will be in good form this season to give Judd a run for his money.

Postby Ash147

Ck147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

That's good to hear. Do you know what to do? I'm sure everyone here will be happy to provide advice.

I had to google a few things, but I worked the rest out on my own.

Postby Ck147

Ash147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I had to google a few things, but I worked the rest out on my own.

Outstanding, have fun, but more importantly be safe

Postby Wildey

Thing is Ronnie cant go for everything if hes to be successful he will have to reign it in and it cost him a few frames tonight.

Its all very well and good to play quick and entertaining and then people go WOW what a player wen they go in and WHY did he go for that if they dont.

Iranu was spot on with his comments last night regarding Ronnie game last night.

Ronnie in fact played better tonight and lost than he did yesterday sometimes playing fast stuff makes you believe it was amazing almost a optical illusion .

Postby Andre147

The best thing I can say is last night's performance is great one match, but to win a tournament you need to respect the game.

He did that most of the match today but Robertson was superior.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:I dont mind Judd being the best player atm. He's playing an attacking (a good to watch) Snooker and its interesting to see Ronnie in the position of the chaser.

:hatoff: Indeed. For some reason BSP thinks it's bitter to point that out.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:

:hatoff: Indeed. For some reason BSP thinks it's bitter to point that out.

Oh no no - I was merely interested in Belgian Ale.

Are you paranoid??

Postby TheRocket

I don't think anyone here thought it was peak Ronnie yesterday. It was an excellent match from an entertaining point of view but Ronnie for sure needs to improve to win the big tournaments and challenge/beat Trump.

But I think his best form will come very soon. Would be good if we saw it in late April/early May for a change.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:The balcony’s not his fault but I agree with the joking.

He actually said in an interview during the English “it’s ok having a laugh and a joke when you’re in front but when you’re losing it’s hard work.”

How is it not his fault? He's the one who looks there.

Oh right, I thought you meant the camera always showing ‘the lovely Vicki’.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I don't think anyone here thought it was peak Ronnie yesterday. It was an excellent match from an entertaining point of view but Ronnie for sure needs to improve to win the big tournaments and challenge/beat Trump.

But I think his best form will come very soon. Would be good if we saw it in late April/early May for a change.

The fact he lost 1st round last season might be a blessing in disguise, we shall see. Last 2 times that happened he won it.