Post a reply

Re: ManBetX C of C Final Robertson v Trump !!

Postby Holden Chinaski

What I found very impressive was Robbo's ability to stay cool in the end and get over the winning line without any twitches. Both in the final and in the semi. That last frame was just perfect.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:What I found very impressive was Robbo's ability to stay cool in the end and get over the winning line without any twitches. Both in the final and in the semi. That last frame was just perfect.

+1

Neil will derive immense benefit from how he held up there

Postby TheRocket

Wont be easy for Judd to get over this one. Not just because of the way he lost (Robertson needing a Snooker). But he was also beaten despite playing at a high level. This will probably hurt him even more.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:Wont be easy for Judd to get over this one. Not just because of the way he lost (Robertson needing a Snooker). But he was also beaten despite playing at a high level. This will probably hurt him even more.

I disagree - Judd two years ago yes. Judd now - no.

He will breeze through it.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Raphael98 wrote:What did you all think of this final overall?

Tremendous, but the decider was anti-climax. If it had ended on last black would have been definately my Top 5 best finals ever watched.

But standard wise was one of the best from both players, not just one potting everything, and had drama in the 2 penultimate frames.

Congrats Robbo!!!! :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

I'm compiling my top 100 matches of the decade. Only multiple-session matches are elligible, so there are only three more elligible matches this decade (NI final, UK final, Scottish final).

This match has now been placed in my top 100, and it ranks very highly.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:This man once made several fist pumps against Tom Ford after beating him 4:3.

Cant believe how much he's mellowed over the years.

Yeah I remember that, Ford was incredulous.

Just shows how times and people change. Even Ronnie did a big fistpump last season when he beat Trump on the last black.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Wont be easy for Judd to get over this one. Not just because of the way he lost (Robertson needing a Snooker). But he was also beaten despite playing at a high level. This will probably hurt him even more.

Could be the end of his year of dominance.

Postby Pink Ball

bullocks. This kind of panic was going on after the Tour Championship semi-final, which I think was more painful. Also, Trump didn't have the considerable comfort of having been World Champion at that stage.

He'll be fine by Tuesday.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I hope so Because I want to him to keep playing at a high level as I want all the toppros to do so.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:

bullocks. This kind of panic was going on after the Tour Championship semi-final, which I think was more painful. Also, Trump didn't have the considerable comfort of having been World Champion at that stage.

Tour Champs was much worse I agree.

Not only he lost on FINAL BLACK, but he lost with a huge 6-2 lead. No worst way to lose than that, and he recovered in the most amazing fashion.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I hope so Because I want to him to keep playing at a high level as I want all the toppros to do so.

Yeah - I stand to be proved wrong but modern Judd will learn from it. Judd two years ago would have felt that he was entitled to win.

His development has been a credit to him.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Tour Champs was much worse I agree.

Not only he lost on FINAL BLACK, but he lost with a huge 6-2 lead. No worst way to lose than that, and he recovered in the most amazing fashion.

Don't get me wrong, had he never won a title before tonight, that would have been an excruciating loss. This is painful, but it isn't going to stick in his mind for more than 24 hours.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Fewer than six months to go until Ding Junhui wins his first World Snooker Championship at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield.

I would LOVE that!

Lovely though it would be, it is not a dream I would want to be clinging to.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Fewer than six months to go until Ding Junhui wins his first World Snooker Championship at the Crucible Theatre, Sheffield.

I would LOVE that!

Lovely though it would be, it is not a dream I would want to be clinging to.

This is happening.

Postby Satch4

Raphael98 wrote:What did you all think of this final overall?

Easily the best final this season and splitting the CoC between the 2 would have been fitting (maybe a CoC a piece if resources allow)
Last edited by Satch4 on 11 Nov 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Those ITV events have really produced some of the best matches ever in recent time. And I'm sure there is more to come.

Something special about them, the way coverage is conducted, everything.

Postby eraserhead

TheRocket wrote:Those ITV events have really produced some of the best matches ever in recent time. And I'm sure there is more to come.

Because they're pretty much all invitational. Even the "ranking" ones weed out the players who are never going to win a ranking event.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:

I agree - they put the effort in.

Always feels like the BBC is showing snooker begrudgingly

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I agree - they put the effort in.

Always feels like the BBC is showing snooker begrudgingly

During the day, the BBC definitely presents it as though it's something that's just there for the seniors. The features just tend to be very bingo-halley and rubbish.

A lot less crap in the evenings. Although they also show far less snooker in the evenings.