Post a reply

Re: ManBetX C of C Final Robertson v Trump !!

Postby Erza Scarlet

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Those ITV events have really produced some of the best matches ever in recent time. And I'm sure there is more to come.

Something special about them, the way coverage is conducted, everything.

Because they feature top players where you're going to get great matches and they look like proper events that makes people want to come and watch, and the players look like they're trying that much harder to win these lucrative events. You can tell World Snooker actually puts effort into these ITV events despite having less money than the Chinese events for example.

Judd himself said this tourament made him feel like a proper World Champion and WN1 when he was introduced.

Postby eraserhead

Erza Scarlet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Those ITV events have really produced some of the best matches ever in recent time. And I'm sure there is more to come.

Something special about them, the way coverage is conducted, everything.

Because they feature top players where you're going to get great matches and they look like proper events that makes people want to come and watch, and the players look like they're trying that much harder to win these lucrative events. You can tell World Snooker actually puts effort into these ITV events despite having less money than the Chinese events for example.

Judd himself said this tourament made him feel like a proper World Champion and WN1 when he was introduced.

:goodpost:

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:Congrats Robbo, he played great in that last frame. :hatoff:
But I still don't like his shot selection at times, he goes too negative like Selbo, yet he doesn't have to given how well he can pot.

there was nothing negative about the way Robbo played in that match

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Congrats Robbo, he played great in that last frame. :hatoff:
But I still don't like his shot selection at times, he goes too negative like Selbo, yet he doesn't have to given how well he can pot.

there was nothing negative about the way Robbo played in that match

Yeah, Robertson was attacking and positive all the way. You could say he made one or two bad shot selections in that frame he lost after Judd needed a snooker, but hell who hasn't made bad shot selections?

In the end he did win the next frame, being calm and cool under the most pressure, and in the last like the great champ he is produced his 5th century of the match.

Postby TheRocket

looked at the stats. 5 centuries from Robbo, 3 from Judd (consecutive centuries). And a few other high breaks. And in the end you had a lot of superb tactical play as well.

Imo this match is easily in the Top 5 of the best finals of this decade.

Postby vodkadiet1

WELL! WELL! WELL!

ANOTHER VEGAN VICTORY IN COVENTRY!!

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

NEIL ROBERTSON FROM THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE HAS DEFEATED NORTHERN HEMISPHERE'S JUDD TRUMP BY TEN FRAMES TO NINE AND THEREFORE CLAIMS HIS SECOND 'CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS' TROPHY!!

THE MATCH HAD BIG BREAKS, DRAMA, AND GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP!! SNOOKER IS IN A GOOD PLACE AT PRESENT, WITH OR WITHOUT RONALD O'SULKIVAN!!

YET AGAIN THE 'VEGAN WARRIOR' OUTLASTED THE CORPSE MUNCHER!!

TRUMP WAS WITHIN A BALL OF VICTORY IN FRAME 18 BUT BUNGLED A RED TO THE RIGHT CENTRE POCKET!! TRUMP THEN DETORIATED THROUGH LISTLESSNESS LIKE MOST CORPSE MUNCHERS AND NEVER SCORED ANOTHER POINT IN THE ENTHRALLING CONTEST!!

FAIR PLAY TO TRUMP IN HIS CONCESSION SPEECH WHO PRAISED HIS CONQUERER AS THE BETTER PLAYER!!

BUT PRIDE OF PLACE GOES TO 'THE AUSSIE VEGAN WARRIOR' WHO SHOWED HIS DIET DRIVEN STAMINA WITH A MAGNIFICENT TOTAL CLEARANCE IN FRAME 19 WHICH SEALED HIS MUCH DESERVED VICTORY!!

:cracker: :cracker: :cracker: :cracker: :cracker:

AND TO COMMEMORATE THE VEGAN VICTORY A MUSICAL ACCOMPANIMENT FROM A LONG TIME VEGAN SEEMS MORE THAN APPROPRIATE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODJ9Yhe33g

Postby vodkadiet1

Wildey wrote:Vegans not exactly cleaning up are they lol Neil Roberson and ummmmmm?

We haven't exactly got a lot of players!!

No doubt that will change with time.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah that final was a superb spectacle. Judd was incredible but Robbo fully deserved the win. He stepped right up and those frames won after snookers required were a feast of entertainment.

Best final for a long time for me.

Well said. I love those frames won from needing snookers. It's like a bonus part of our game that we get to enjoy every now and then.

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah that final was a superb spectacle. Judd was incredible but Robbo fully deserved the win. He stepped right up and those frames won after snookers required were a feast of entertainment.

Best final for a long time for me.

Well said. I love those frames won from needing snookers. It's like a bonus part of our game that we get to enjoy every now and then.

That's the sort of stuff you want at the end of a match, great stuff, one of my favourite finals.