Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals: David Gilbert v Stuart Bing

Postby Alex0paul

tsurani wrote:I am not the biggest fan of Bingham, but I like him more than Carter.
Possibly the worst Masters finals lineup ever?

Much more interesting than O’Sullivan v Hawkins or Perry

Postby The Jester from Leicester

tsurani wrote:I am not the biggest fan of Bingham, but I like him more than Carter.

Bingham is preferable to Carter, but that ain't saying much.

Unquestionably the worst ever Masters final lineup.
Last edited by The Jester from Leicester on 18 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby HappyCamper

world 13 against 17. so probably lowest average ranking. so in that sense probably.

Postby HustleKing

Prop wrote:It could be a brilliant final. It really could.

But nobody here believes it will be. Proves the point about personality in sport.

I think it might as well. No reason why these two can't provide a high caliber encounter befitting of a final (no sarcasm intended)

Even with Selby going out I'd rather have seen literally any of the other top 8 players win this thing. Robertson, Ding, Trump, Allen, Higgins, Williams, Wilson. Literally any of them.
Last edited by The Jester from Leicester on 18 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

HustleKing wrote:

But nobody here believes it will be. Proves the point about personality in sport.

I think it might as well. No reason why these two can't provide a high caliber encounter befitting of a final (no sarcasm intended)

Agree with both of you

Postby HustleKing

Alex0paul wrote:

Much more interesting than O’Sullivan v Hawkins or Perry

Yes this looks a lot more interesting than O'Sullivan being 4-0 up after 4 frames

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:

Well not many believed 2015 world final was a good lineup but it turned out to be one of the best of all time

One-sided drab final.

Postby Pink Ball

carayip wrote:

Well not many believed 2015 world final was a good lineup but it turned out to be one of the best of all time

That’s different, though. It’s a world final. It means everything. This is an overhyped invitational.

Postby Alex0paul

HappyCamper wrote:

world 13 against 17. so probably lowest average ranking. so in that sense probably.

We had 9 v 51 in 1995

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
carayip wrote:

One-sided drab final.

:goodpost:

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

We had 9 v 51 in 1995

And they were the two most promising players in snooker. Tomorrow is a meeting of snooker’s Nigel Farage and some other bloke.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 18 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby HappyCamper

Alex0paul wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

We had 9 v 51 in 1995

ah yes. they should bring back the wildcards.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

We had 9 v 51 in 1995

And they were the two most promising players in snooker. Tomorrow is a meeting of snooker’s Nigel Farage and some other bloke.

Which one is Farage?

Anyway it's been a thoroughly depressing end to a farce of a tournament. I won't be watching the final tomorrow as I'd rather eat a lightbulb. God speed to those who decide to tune in.