Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals: David Gilbert v Stuart Bing

Postby Ck147

The Jester from Leicester wrote:Even with Selby going out I'd rather have seen literally any of the other top 8 players win this thing. Robertson, Ding, Trump, Allen, Higgins, Williams, Wilson. Literally any of them.

Sometimes it's nice to see someone else win it, that's how they work their way up into the top 8. If you only want to see the top 8 then suggest you restrict your snooker viewing to the TC.

Postby The Jester from Leicester

Ck147 wrote:
The Jester from Leicester wrote:Even with Selby going out I'd rather have seen literally any of the other top 8 players win this thing. Robertson, Ding, Trump, Allen, Higgins, Williams, Wilson. Literally any of them.

Sometimes it's nice to see someone else win it, that's how they work their way up into the top 8. If you only want to see the top 8 then suggest you restrict your snooker viewing to the TC.

There needs to be more tournaments where the top 8 battle it out together over long formats. There's only one event a season where this happens.

Postby HappyCamper

HustleKing wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I hope Ali wins but isn’t ranked in the 16 next year to get a special invite

So he would play a round of 32 match against the 16th seed?

he'd be seeded first but would be a random pick from seeds 9 to 16.
Last edited by HappyCamper on 18 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

The Jester from Leicester wrote:Anyway it's been a thoroughly depressing end to a farce of a tournament. I won't be watching the final tomorrow as I'd rather eat a lightbulb. God speed to those who decide to tune in.

Please can you video yourself eating the lightbulb and post it on YouTube. You can't swallow it whole, you have to bite into it and chew. I suggest you stay away from the fluoro or led bulbs and go for the old style bulbs.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
The Jester from Leicester wrote:Anyway it's been a thoroughly depressing end to a farce of a tournament. I won't be watching the final tomorrow as I'd rather eat a lightbulb. God speed to those who decide to tune in.

Please can you video yourself eating the lightbulb and post it on YouTube. You can't swallow it whole, you have to bite into it and chew. I suggest you stay away from the fluoro or led bulbs and go for the old style bulbs.

Speaking from experience?

Postby Prop

The Jester from Leicester wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

There needs to be more tournaments where the top 8 battle it out together over long formats. There's only one event a season where this happens.

Thing is, love or hate Carter and Bingham, they’re both big occasion players (as much as they’re not exactly prolific in reaching the biggest occasions) so in the purest snooker sense there’s every chance of a great game tomorrow. It’s just a case of trying to put the personalities to the back seat and tuning in for your love of the game.

If you don’t love the game, don’t bother.

Postby Scooper

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
tsurani wrote:I am not the biggest fan of Bingham, but I like him more than Carter.
Possibly the worst Masters finals lineup ever?

world 13 against 17. so probably lowest average ranking. so in that sense probably.

We had 9 v 51 in 1995

And they were the two most promising players in snooker. Tomorrow is a meeting of snooker’s Nigel Farage and some other bloke.

Which one is Farage?

Daryl

Postby HappyCamper

carayip wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I hope Ali wins but isn’t ranked in the 16 next year to get a special invite

I think it’s always the defending champion and the top 15 players getting the invitation no?

it's changed over the years.

used to be defending champ, world champ, next best 14 rankings, and a couple of wildcards.

Postby HustleKing

HappyCamper wrote:
carayip wrote:

I think it’s always the defending champion and the top 15 players getting the invitation no?

used to be defending champ, world champ, next best 14 rankings, and a couple of wildcards.

Wait, the Masters used to have a number of participants greater than 16 but less than 32? How did that work?

Postby Cloud Strife

HustleKing wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
carayip wrote:

Wait, the Masters used to have a number of participants greater than 16 but less than 32? How did that work?

There always used to be a wildcard round, no?

Postby HappyCamper

HustleKing wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
carayip wrote:

they had a wildcard round. so, say, the 16th and 15th seeds would play the wildcards then the winners would go into the last 16.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Speaking from experience?

No, just the fluoro and led bulbs contain dangerous compounds, don't want Jashter to harm him/her/it/theyself. I remember as a kid on record breakers a guy ate a normal light bulb so want to see JfL do it, feel he's all talk and no trousers.

Postby Ck147

HustleKing wrote:A better indicator of whether he's all talk, would be if he made no comment on the Final thread over the next few days

Let's see

Postby hendry_fan

"I'd rather eat a lightbulb".

rofl <laugh> Very original TJFL!,never heard that before. :clap: :-D

I,ll probably not watch much of the final,if any.