Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Final: Ali Carter v Stuart Bingham

Postby donthittheblue

Wildey wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Kyren Wilson has never been sawyed either he was single minded from a young age First to the Club last to leave it takes a lot of hard work for every player to get to the top Ronnie included however Kyren is nowhere near as talented as Ronnie dont have a clue what donthittheblue is talking about

It's just too simplistic a view to say hard work equals success and nothing else matters.

Saying somebody has a natural talent doesn't mean they could pick up a cue for the first time and immediately win The Crucible. Obviously a combination of hard work and talent is required.

Take Stephen Hendry it took him 6 years from getting a 6ft table for Christmas Present at 12 years of age to Winning his 1st ranking title at 18 it took Stuart Bingham 16 years as a Pro to win his 1st.

There are definitely a difference in degree of natrual talent from player to player.

Yes, but Hendry actually practised rather than spending all his time in the pub.

So did Bingham.

You don't end up looking 60 at 40 like him unless you've done your time in Wetherspoons....

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:I know this is fashionable now, and I'll probably get in trouble for suggesting it.

But am I the only one who is reminded of a previous poster when I read donthittheblue's posts?

No, you are not. There's also another new poster who's favourite player is Matthew Stevens... :roll:

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I know this is fashionable now, and I'll probably get in trouble for suggesting it.

But am I the only one who is reminded of a previous poster when I read donthittheblue's posts?

No, you are not. There's also another new poster who's favourite player is Matthew Stevens... :roll:

Funny how many new posters show up right after Ash has been banned...

Postby donthittheblue

D4P wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Funny how many new posters show up right after Ash has been banned...

Who the buck is Ash? I don't know who your referring to or what your inferring...

Postby ImSnookered

Dan-cat wrote:Bottle, or lack thereof = mental strength. Snooker at top level is all in the mental game. So no, Mathew Stevens is not a better player than Bingham.

That's only one facet granted a very important one but not the be all end all, I mean look at Peter Ebdon mentally one of the strongest of all time but useless when you can't pot a ball to save your life as is the case with him nowadays.

Postby Jester82

Holden Chinaski wrote:In all seriousness, you need both. Talent and hard work.

I think Ronnie has more natural talent than most other players, but he has also worked harder and has been more obsessed than other players.

There are a lot of child prodigies who never make it. There are a lot of less talented people who make it because they work hard. Ronnie is a combination of both I think.

Harder than Hendry or Davis??

Postby Cloud Strife

Ronnie O'Sullivan is arguably the best player in the history of the game. Are we really to believe there has never been another person who has worked harder than Ronnie in all the years that snooker has existed?

Postby donthittheblue

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan is arguably the best player in the history of the game. Are we really to believe there has never been another person who has worked harder than Ronnie in all the years that snooker has existed?

Yes...

Postby Cloud Strife

donthittheblue wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan is arguably the best player in the history of the game. Are we really to believe there has never been another person who has worked harder than Ronnie in all the years that snooker has existed?

Yes...

Well, there is no way of knowing for sure, but I'd say the chances of that being the case is extremely slim.

Postby donthittheblue

Cloud Strife wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:

Yes...

Well, there is no way of knowing for sure, but I'd say the chances of that being the case is extremely slim.

No they really aren't.

Postby Ck147

donthittheblue wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:

Yes...

No they really aren't.

Do you like Chinese food Blue?

Postby Cloud Strife

donthittheblue wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:

Yes...

No they really aren't.

Guess I'll have to take your word for it.

Postby Pink Ball

donthittheblue wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
donthittheblue wrote:

Yes...

No they really aren't.

Yes they are.

Postby Ck147

ImSnookered wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
ImSnookered wrote::welcome: New Member.

Thank you been a long time lurker, saw a few of your posts in the past and you seem like a good egg.

I've met him and he smells like eggs too. (Just kidding SF!). Welcome ImSnookered!

Postby ImSnookered

Ck147 wrote:
ImSnookered wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
ImSnookered wrote::welcome: New Member.

Thank you been a long time lurker, saw a few of your posts in the past and you seem like a good egg.

I've met him and he smells like eggs too. (Just kidding SF!). Welcome ImSnookered!

Lol, Thanks bud been reluctant to join in the past because it seemed very cliquey but i love Snooker and there's not many other places to talk about it like here or atleast nowhere else as active as it is here.

Postby Iranu

ImSnookered wrote:
Lol, Thanks bud been reluctant to join in the past because it seemed very cliquey but i love Snooker and there's not many other places to talk about it like here or atleast nowhere else as active as it is here.

I lurked for years before I actually started posting (although I signed up early on) for the same reason. Like all forums it can be a bit cliquey but you’ll be fine. It’s a good place <ok>