Post a reply

Re: anthony hamilton

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/snookerbacker/status/1289146220657737729

There is still time for Ronnie's breakaway league with Ronnie, Hoggins, Stephen Lee, Yu DuLu and now Hamilton

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/snookerbacker/status/1289146220657737729

There is still time for Ronnie's breakaway league with Ronnie, Hoggins, Stephen Lee, Yu DuLu and now Hamilton

rofl

Postby vodkadiet1

Even if Hamilton knew he was going to withdraw then that is still his right. John Higgins reached the Grand Prix quarters one year knowing he was going to withdraw beforehand because he was attending a wedding. Rodney Walker didn't publicly criticise him for that.

Postby Pink Ball

I can't believe some people were/are criticising Hamilton for trying to earn as much money as he could before withdrawing ahead of entering into a scenario that would have boosted his chance of a much-sooner-than-expected death.

Common sense ain't that common.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:I can't believe some people were/are criticising Hamilton for trying to earn as much money as he could before withdrawing ahead of entering into a scenario that would have boosted his chance of a much-sooner-than-expected death.

It’s ridiculous.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I can't believe some people were/are criticising Hamilton for trying to earn as much money as he could before withdrawing ahead of entering into a scenario that would have boosted his chance of a much-sooner-than-expected death.

It’s ridiculous.

Extraordinary. It's a fascinating insight into why Britain has handled this virus so badly that he's the bad guy in all of this.

Postby Scooper

I don’t think hammo is really considered the bad guy except according to Hearn and a few of his disciples. Even if he was thinking purely about money, which I don’t think he was, Hearn’s hardly one to criticise there.

Postby Pink Ball

By the way, this whole Craigie and Donaldson 'being denied' stuff is horseshit. They were not good enough to qualify. They don't deserve to be there this year. Hamilton did deserve it, but couldn't play.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 01 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerEd25

Pink Ball wrote:By the way, this whole Craigie and Donaldonson 'being denied' stuff is horseshit. They were not good enough to qualify. They don't deserve to be there this year. Hamilton did deserve it, but couldn't play.

Exactly Pinkie; once again you hit the nail right on the head.

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:Extraordinary. It's a fascinating insight into why Britain has handled this virus so badly that he's the bad guy in all of this.

We live in a post-logic world.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I will happily criticise him for it. He knew plenty of time ago. It was at best poorly handled by him.

By your 'logic' all players should have completed the qualifiers and then withdrawn.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I will happily criticise him for it. He knew plenty of time ago. It was at best poorly handled by him.

By your 'logic' all players should have completed the qualifiers and then withdrawn.

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

His handling was perfectly fine.

He has chronic asthma. He won as many matches as he could to make as much money as he could within a largely safe environment. He withdrew when that environment would not have been safe.

What has he done wrong?
Last edited by Pink Ball on 01 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

He has chronic asthma. He won as many matches as he could to make as much money as he could within a largely safe environment. He withdraw when that environment would not have been safe.

What has he done wrong?

I think if had stated at the start of the qualifiers that if he was successful then he would withdraw then I would view it differently. He let everybody believe that he would play at the Crucible and that we would have a full field.

He knew the facts a while ago.

Still like the bloke but I think he was wrong here.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

He has chronic asthma. He won as many matches as he could to make as much money as he could within a largely safe environment. He withdraw when that environment would not have been safe.

What has he done wrong?

I think if had stated at the start of the qualifiers that if he was successful then he would withdraw then I would view it differently. He let everybody believe that he would play at the Crucible and that we would have a full field.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

What has he done wrong?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

What has he done wrong?

Yes, he knew the facts. But why withdraw from all the qualifiers when he can win money in a safe environment? His job is to win matches. He did that.

What has he done wrong?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

What has he done wrong?

Postby McManusFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

What has he done wrong?

I don't think that's entirely fair. I don't think he knew the precise details of the restrictions the crowd would be under. Also he could see the number of cases going up and not down - meaning the risk of having crowds was increasing rather than decreasing. It seems perfectly plausible that he entered the qualifiers with the full intention of playing at the crucible, but that the deteriating situation made him reevaluate the risks once he had qualified.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Yes that is possible McManusfan. If that was the case he could have mentioned it.

It is equally possible that he entered the qualifiers knowing that he would not attend the Crucible.

We do not know that detail.

Postby McManusFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yes that is possible McManusfan. If that was the case he could have mentioned it.

It is equally possible that he entered the qualifiers knowing that he would not attend the Crucible.

He did say that he could only do a full health assessment at the time of qualifying.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

McManusFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yes that is possible McManusfan. If that was the case he could have mentioned it.

He did say that he could only do a full health assessment at the time of qualifying.

Yes - that is true.

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:We used to squabble about the B word, and now we squabble about the C word. Orwell must be turning in his grave.

We heard you the first time!

Postby Pink Ball

If he entered and knew he’d withdraw if he qualified, it makes no difference in the slightest to the equation. He played to win as much money as he could in a safe environment. He withdrew when that environment changes and became significantly more dangerous.

Nothing remotely wrong with any of that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

McManusFan wrote:

Indeed. I don't know why people seem to distrust Hamilton. He seemed very sorry about the whole situation.