No he doesn't

I meant Maflin.

Careless.

Re: John Higgins Watch

Postby sundaygirl

Session Times

13.00 Today with Hawk vs Ursenbacher on the other table
I’ll be watching

10.00 Tomorrow with Selby vs my new favourite player Noppon Saengkham on the other side of the divide
I’ll be watching at least one frame pre work

19.00 Tomorrow also with Selby on the other side
I’ll be watching

#TeamHiggins for now

Postby The_Abbott

I'm mistaken, I thought this was the John Hoggins watch thread

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:I'm mistaken, I thought this was the John Hoggins watch thread

Who is John Hoggins?

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:am or pm?

Reminds me of that Christina Millian song called "from am to pm" it was back in 2002. The year Arsenal won the double :happy: but Hendry lost to Ebdon in the world final :(

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:I remember that Ebdon win.

Was one of the best things to ever happen to snooker.

Postby Iranu

Why doesn’t Higgins get rubbish for having so many scrappy frames the same way that Selby does? The last three years Higgins has had so many matches where many frames have been awkward and long.

Is it because he has credit left over from his pre-decline years?

Postby ROS147

Iranu wrote:Why doesn’t Higgins get rubbish for having so many scrappy frames the same way that Selby does? The last three years Higgins has had so many matches where many frames have been awkward and long.

This is just as rubbish as when Selby does it. The difference is Higgins hasn’t always been like this.

Postby Iranu

ROS147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Why doesn’t Higgins get rubbish for having so many scrappy frames the same way that Selby does? The last three years Higgins has had so many matches where many frames have been awkward and long.

This is just as rubbish as when Selby does it. The difference is Higgins hasn’t always been like this.

Neither has Selby, though.

#selbyfanboy

Postby ROS147

Iranu wrote:
ROS147 wrote:

#selbyfanboy

Selby has always played like this, except for a brief period in 2017.

Postby Juddernaut88

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I remember that Ebdon win.

Was one of the best things to ever happen to snooker.

Naaa Selby beating Ronnie in the 2014 world final was ;)

Postby chengdufan

Higgins has never taken 6 minutes to play a shot

Postby Iranu

ROS147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
ROS147 wrote:

#selbyfanboy

Selby has always played like this, except for a brief period in 2017.

He hasn’t though. I think he’s maybe been more willing to play that way. But the way he played in the English Open final this season is far closer to how he used to play.

Postby Holden Chinaski

chengdufan wrote:

Good point. The thing with Selby is, it often seems he slows down to play mind games, and it often seems he wants the frames to go scrappy. I don't get that feeling as much with Higgins.

Postby chengdufan

Look at Higgins' reaction to missing the red. He was annoyed with himself. Selby would have been looking around for someone/something to blame and going back to his chair in a sulk.

Postby TheRocket

Selby uses it as an strategy to get into his opponents head. He loves to make frames awkard (intentionally) and drag down the level of his opponents. I dont have a go at him. Just saying how it is.

Higgins on the other hand wants to play an open game. But his scoring game has simply declined so much that he gets involved into a lot more scrappy tactical frames than he used to do in younger years.

He could have easily slowed down and make frames awkard when he played Trump in the World final. Or Ronnie in the CoC this season when ROS played Kamikaze. But he didnt. Because he doesnt want to play that way.

Postby Lou147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
chengdufan wrote:

Good point. The thing with Selby is, it often seems he slows down to play mind games, and it often seems he wants the frames to go scrappy. I don't get that feeling as much with Higgins.

100%