Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thur Aug 6th) Last 16 !!

Postby vodkadiet1

Well deserved win for Maflin. Great to see a Norwegian in the quarters. It will make the sport grow there. I guess it was asking too much for Higgins to make four straight finals. His 147 will be a minor consolation.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 07 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet1

Well deserved win for Maflin. Great to see a Norwegian in the quarters. It will make the sport grow there. I guess it was asking too much for Higgins to make four straight finals. His 147 will be a minor consolation.
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 07 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:Well deserved win for Maflin. Great to see a Norwegian in the quarters. It will make the sport grow there. I guess it was asking too much for Higgins to make four straight finals. He 147 will be a minor consolation.

Maflin was a strong advocate for Brexit and having seen Norway thrive having cast off the chattels of Europe he has a deeper view than others. Nice to see you showing such humility Vodka.

Postby HustleKing

Cloud Strife wrote:Link sent to Scooper and TR.

Please send me link as well (I've also signed up on SnookeryDookery incase I don't get sent the link and want to contact a former member of this forum)

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Well deserved win for Maflin. Great to see a Norwegian in the quarters. It will make the sport grow there. I guess it was asking too much for Higgins to make four straight finals. He 147 will be a minor consolation.

Maflin was a strong advocate for Brexit and having seen Norway thrive having cast off the chattels of Europe he has a deeper view than others. Nice to see you showing such humility Vodka.

Norwegians should keep out of issues that don't concern them.

Postby Goldenballs147

Bit late to the party here but is this forum closing? Is it moving?

Wondering how (if?) I can get the link to the new forum? I’ve tried to PM Dan for the last 30 minutes but I keep getting an error. I’m not sure if they’ve went through or not.

Strangely I can PM myself the message I’m trying to send with no errors (decided to test it just), I just can’t send it to him.

Postby Andre147

For those who have been late you aren't aware of the current procedings, yes we have a new Forum online, it's similar to this one. The main reason for it's creation was because this Forum has been under cyber attacks the last few days.

We aren't 100% sure if these are premeditaded attacks or some other issues that keep the Forum crashing down during the day.

I've sent you both the link, but like I told you via PM do not reveal it publicly.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Gone past midnight and the forum is still here?!

I wasn't here in the evening... will it be closed down for good?

I made a thread for tomorrow, but if it's closed down so be it, I'm expecting that, just don't know when.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:

I made a thread for tomorrow, but if it's closed down so be it, I'm expecting that, just don't know when.

It was meant to be closed down for maintenance at midnight, with the possibility that it was never going to come back.

So I'm pleasantly surprised to see it still up and running.

Postby Ck147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It was meant to be closed down for maintenance at midnight, with the possibility that it was never going to come back.

So I'm pleasantly surprised to see it still up and running.

Ditto

Postby hendry_fan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Maflin was superb - thought he'd lost it but showed immense composure.

impressive

Aye,Maflin was indeed superb. :hatoff:

He did,nt half pot many crackin pots,played very good in all depts of the game and he did,nt crumble which i thought he might/would.

He said in the interview that he could,nt get rid of John,well he bl**dy did in the end,John could,nt get rid of him. :-( :grrr: <laugh>

John played well himself,but the few errors he made towards the end,were fatal,Kurt punished him,many other players would of probably crumbled,or would,ve crumbled.

When John finaly went in front,11-10 i think it was,i thought he,d had Kurt,thats why i wrote a cocky comment about you :emb: <laugh> ,but Kurt failed to crumble.

If John had,nt of pulled out those vintage clearences,Kurt would,ve probably won by 4,5,6 frames,but his composure was fantastic.

Of course i,m disappointed that John lost,but i,m certainly not very disappointed or gutted,as it was <only> the 2nd round match,and it was,nt a decider.

Bfore the match started,a few Ronnie fans thought that Higgins would crush Maflin,i did,nt think that at all,but i thought John would win by a 4,5 frame margin and that Kurt would,nt be able to keep up the form he showed in his Gilbert match,espcially as he was up against John at the Crucible,but boy,he did,nt half play superb,the Viking.

I like Kurt,so,i,d like to wish him many congrats. :clap: <ok>

If he can maintain the superb form,he might even win the Worlds,imagine if that happened. :-D

John played very good,pulled out some vintage clearences and made a *147*.

The sun :sun: shined on the TV,s in freezing Norway last night,Morten,Magne n Paul will be buzzing.