Post a reply

Kurt Maflin Watch Thread

Postby SnookerFan

Kurt Maflin beat John Higgins. Will the forum be around for long enough to see his next match?

Let's Watch.

Re: Kurt Maflin Watch Thread

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:I've got a sneaky feeling we'll see Maflin in the final, (where he'll loose to Ding obviously).

I'd be happy with that.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I've got a sneaky feeling we'll see Maflin in the final, (where he'll loose to Ding obviously).

I'd be happy with that.

That said, McGill and Clarke have been playing good too so who knows.

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:Maflin beating Higgins was brilliant.

Higgins will probably still find a way to get to the final.

Postby vodkadiet1

It would be great to have a Norwegian World Champion.

Maflin has a great chance to win the title now.

His main threat is Selby.

Postby The_Abbott

Easy half of the draw so anythings possible. If Trump doesn't get to teh final we will have a surprise someone so why not Kurt?

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:

I'd be happy with that.

If that’s what it takes for Ding to become World Champion then so be it

Postby Alex0paul

The thing is I’d say Maflin, Noppon, Clarke won it then there’d always be questions about whether they’d have won it with the crowd there

Postby carayip

Alex0paul wrote:The thing is I’d say Maflin, Noppon, Clarke won it then there’d always be questions about whether they’d have won it with the crowd there

I don’t think so. There is always nerves involved, even in practice matches. A WC win is a WC win

Postby Cloud Strife

carayip wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:The thing is I’d say Maflin, Noppon, Clarke won it then there’d always be questions about whether they’d have won it with the crowd there

I don’t think so. There is always nerves involved, even in practice matches. A WC win is a WC win

That won't stop the questions from being asked though. There will be always be that doubt about whether they could have done it with the crowd there.

Postby McManusFan

They'll probably be questions, but I don't think it would cheapen their victory. Conditions always play a part in any tournament, some tournaments have heavy cloths, or bouncy cushions, this one has no crowd.

Postby Alex0paul

If you won it as a qualifier without the crowd etc you’d probably always feel a bit of regret and hollowness

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:If you won it as a qualifier without the crowd etc you’d probably always feel a bit of regret and hollowness

Not just the qualifiers, Ding would feel the same if he won it for first time.

Postby carayip

Alex0paul wrote:If you won it as a qualifier without the crowd etc you’d probably always feel a bit of regret and hollowness

I am sure any of them would take it with the title attached to his name forever, not to mention 500000 pounds

Postby SnookerFan

carayip wrote:

I am sure any of them would take it with the title attached to his name forever, not to mention 500000 pounds

Anthony Hamilton didn't.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

The least controversial winner would be Williams. After that it would be Robertson or Murphy if he was still in. A one time winner winning a second isn't that big a deal compared to a first time champ and if it was O'Sullivan, Selby or Higgins it would lead to arguments about their overall standing. Trump breaking the curse would be questioned and some people would have been very offended at the thought of Bingham winning another.

Postby SnookerEd25

I forgot we had a Maflin watch-thread now.

Happy days!

:clap:

Postby Prop

carayip wrote:

Yeah, cup half full and all that. Depends on their character.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerEd25 wrote:Image

3-0 McGill

Is that McGill and Clarke from last night? Must have been over who bags the girl.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerEd25 wrote:No, it's (L-R) Tatiana, McGill & Maflin

I think :chin:

McGill's hair transplant done wonders.