Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues Aug 11th) Quarter-Final

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Good fighting spirit from O'Sullivan to get through. Williams faltered in the second and third sessions. O'Sullivan now has a 5-0 lead against Williams at The Crucible. This must be the most dominant head to head for any player over another player at The Crucible. Williams really is O'Sullivan's punchbag.

At 7-2 and 8-4 I thought Williams would join that list of players who beat Ronnie here when their h2h was poor against him.

But he fought well as you say. Made 5 centuries in that match and other big breaks, a great performance overall.

It was a decent effort. I reckon only Selby can beat O'Sullivan now. Wilson could win maybe 12 frames in the final but McGill would bet thrashed with a session to spare. I cannot see McGill beating Wilson.

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues Aug 11th) Quarter-Final

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Good fighting spirit from O'Sullivan to get through. Williams faltered in the second and third sessions. O'Sullivan now has a 5-0 lead against Williams at The Crucible. This must be the most dominant head to head for any player over another player at The Crucible. Williams really is O'Sullivan's punchbag.

At 7-2 and 8-4 I thought Williams would join that list of players who beat Ronnie here when their h2h was poor against him.

But he fought well as you say. Made 5 centuries in that match and other big breaks, a great performance overall.

It was a decent effort. I reckon only Selby can beat O'Sullivan now. Wilson could win maybe 12 frames in the final but McGill would bet thrashed with a session to spare. I cannot see McGill beating Wilson.

Wilson v O'Sullivan would be very much like Hawkins v Ronnie in 2013.

He put up a good fight, but in the final session Ronnie pulls away. They have similar styles too.