Post a reply

Betfred World Championship (Wed Aug 12th) Semi-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Friday 31st of July~Sunday 16th of August at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

It's down to the Semi-Finals stage and the one table setup of the World Championships every player dreams of experiencing. Anthony McGill will experience it for the first time, he's won 5 matches to get here, his gruelling Last 16 match didn't seem to take too much out of him, as he duly won his Quarter-Final v Kurt Maflin. His opponent, Kyren Wilson, has played 2 matches, due to Hamilton's withdrawal, knocking out defending champion Judd Trump and thus another player falls victim to the Crucible Curse. Wilson has experience in this one table setup, having played here before in 2018, so it may help him to settle down quicker.

The other Semi-Final has an amazing 8 world titles between both players. 5 time champion here Ronnie O'Sullivan, who dispached old rival Mark Williams, knocking 5 centuries in that match, up against 3 time champion Mark Selby, who seems to be back to the form that won him those titles here. These 2 players famously met in the 2014 Final here, Selby winning that one, but also in 2010 when Selby also won. This time it's the Semi-Finals, complete contrast of styles between the two of them, but that's what makes this rivarly so great.

Sit back and enjoy 3 days of Semi-Finals to see which players get their place in the Final.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 12th of August

1pm

Kyren Wilson v Anthony McGill McGill leads 5-3

7pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Selby O'Sullivan leads 18-10

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed Aug 12th) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I'm sure Ronnie has watched a little bit of the Selby Robertson match and saw how you shouldnt play against Selby.

Needs to play very agressive. Worst case is that Selby gets an easy opener and wins the frame. At least you can avoid going through the 40,50 minute shithole frames.

Used this quote from the other thread.

What he can't do is play kamikaze snooker just because he doesn't want to be involved in safety battles with Selby. If Selby starts putting balls on cushions, he should really take them out and open the game as much as possible.

Postby Georgi1914

Dear haters, please stop it! Stop being delusional! You missed an important message from before the tournament by the Rocket apparently. He is ready for number 6 and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it from happening! Selby will be eaten alive. Mark my words. Same thing will happen to Wilson. Have a good night!
Last edited by Georgi1914 on 11 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:We've already had two ROS-Wilson finals. This will be the third.

How confident are you that Ronnie wins his Semi?

Cant give you a percentage but I do think he'll win. He has gained a lot of match sharpness in his last two matches. And that will pay off.

And both matches were close and tense. Which is a good experience when you're in for another one.
Last edited by TheRocket on 11 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby HustleKing

Georgi1914 wrote:Dear haters, please stop it! Stop being delusional! You missed an important message from before the tournament by the Rocket apparantly. He is ready for number 6 and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it from happening! Selby will be eaten alive. Mark my words. Same thing will happen to Wilson. Have a good night!

You sound like a fake Pinkball account who is this time having banter about Ronnie coasting through the event

Postby Andre147

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:Selby hasn't lost on one table since Dott beat him ten years ago. Hasn't even lost a quarter final since Ding in 2011.

O'Sullivan's last semi final loss was also against Dott in 2006.

Dott must be pleased he was the player to knock them out in the Semis.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:We've already had two ROS-Wilson finals. This will be the third.

How confident are you that Ronnie wins his Semi?

Cant give you a percentage but I do think he'll win. He has gained a lot of match sharpness in his last two matches. And that will pay off.

And both matches were close and tense. Which is a good experience when you're in for another one.

Yes.

If he'd won against Ding and MJW confortably it wouldn't be good against Selby when things get tense. Doesn't mean he'll win, but his chances increase.

Postby Vallomas

Georgi1914 wrote:Dear haters, please stop it! Stop being delusional! You missed an important message from before the tournament by the Rocket apparently. He is ready for number 6 and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it from happening! Selby will be eaten alive. Mark my words. Same thing will happen to Wilson. Have a good night!

This post reminds me the one with bunnies, the day before the 2014 final.