Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championships (Fri Aug 14th) Semi-Finals !

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Ronnie fans starting to get excited

Are you the one with the jacket on in the middle? Pic from one of your lads holidays 20 years ago I bet!

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:I can see Wilson winning this tournament. He should finish McGill and then get some rest. The others will probably go deep in to the last session and that will give Wilson the advantage. Wilson's long game will be the decisive factor.

Selby is a mental giant, I doubt he'll be too troubled if he has a late night win tomorrow.

In 2014 he had that against Robbo, yes started badly the 1st day of the Final, but come Monday he was fresh again and ready to go. He never knows when to be fatigued.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:I can see Wilson winning this tournament. He should finish McGill and then get some rest. The others will probably go deep in to the last session and that will give Wilson the advantage. Wilson's long game will be the decisive factor.

Selby is a mental giant, I doubt he'll be too troubled if he has a late night win tomorrow.

In 2014 he had that against Robbo, yes started badly the 1st day of the Final, but come Monday he was fresh again and ready to go. He never knows when to be fatigued.

Selby's a machine

Postby vodkadiet1

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Apart from the first day of the final?

He said he was fatigued on the first day but O'Sullivan may not drain him as much as Robertson. Having said that he is older now.

Postby Pink Ball

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He said he was fatigued on the first day but O'Sullivan may not drain him as much as Robertson. Having said that he is older now.

Robertson couldn’t drain a teabag.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Robertson couldn’t drain a teabag.

Wanna figh....hang on...you might be right...he forgets his extension, spills coffee on himself, drives to the wrong venue. Anyone seen the war thingies he paints? Bet they look like Ronald McDonald or Worzel Gummidge.

Postby Acé

Doherty asked people on twitter on who will win tomorrow and the majority of people voted like 17-15 for Ronnie lol

even Hendry thinks Ronnie will still win

it's probably decisions based on who they want to win rather who WILL, BUT either way this is the type of reputation I want Judd to have when he's in his mid 40s and way past his prime, got this decade to earn it

Postby Wildey

Acé wrote:Doherty asked people on twitter on who will win tomorrow and the majority of people voted like 17-15 for Ronnie lol

it's probably decisions based on who they want to win rather who WILL, BUT either way this is the type of reputation I want Judd to have when he's in his mid 40s and way past his prime, got this decade to earn it

9-7 in a best of 33 is like 57 points to 0 in a Best of 9 long way to go.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Acé wrote:Doherty asked people on twitter on who will win tomorrow and the majority of people voted like 17-15 for Ronnie lol

I've seen countless great comebacks over the years, but I just can't see Sullivan winning this match. Odd that.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I've seen countless great comebacks over the years, but I just can't see Sullivan winning this match. Odd that.

Ronnie needs to get 4 frames in the morning if Selby gets a 5-3 going in to the final session 14-10 he will strangle every last breath out of Ronnies Game.

Postby mick745

Two session wins however narrowly will be good enough for Ronnie, he is very much still in with a big chance of winning the match.

Lots of twists and turns to come, stolen frames, kicks, good luck, bad run of ball, flukes and missed pots.

Match is still wide open.

Postby Prop

Pretty much the only thing that intimidates Selby is high scoring, one visit stuff. Everything else, as long as he’s coming back to the table he can engineer the outcome of the frame. It’s some skill in itself. If he needs to win with a couple of 20 breaks and a snooker he’s more than happy to oblige.

Ronnie is capable of that high scoring game, the best ever, although we see it less and less (there’s a thread on that). We forget how many times we’ve seen him turn a match on its head in the space of 40 minutes. That’s what he needs today*. It’s not impossible.

I won’t see the morning session, but I’ll be home for the conclusion of what’s hopefully another Crucible Classic to add to the list.

*and a couple of monster kicks while Selby is in the balls!

Postby Andre147

Ronnie really needs to win this session 5-3 and be level at 12 all, or at worst level it and trail 13-11.

But even the latter result is dangerous... will need his scoring game so we'll see.