Post a reply

Betfred World Championships (Fri Aug 14th) Semi-Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Friday 31st of July~Sunday 16th of August at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Day of all decisions on both Semi-Finals. First up in the battle of the titans Mark Selby managed to claw his way back into the match, with grit and determination, winning that 2nd session 6-2 and thus he leads 9-7 as they play to a finish in the evening.

Kyren Wilson continued where he left off in the 2nd session, another good display now has him with a 13-11 lead, but Anthony McGill hit his first century of the tournament in the last frame of the 3rd session, to keep himself in the match, so that could prove vital in the final outcome.

With the Final place up for grabs, who shall be the two players battling it out for the ultimate prize of being world champion?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Friday 14th of August

10am

Ronnie O'Sullivan 7-9 Mark Selby O'Sullivan leads 18-10

2:30pm

** Kyren Wilson 13-11 Anthony McGill McGill leads 5-3

7pm

** Ronnie O'Sullivan 7-9 Mark Selby O'Sullivan leads 18-10

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Betfred World Championships (Fri Aug 14th) Semi-Finals !

Postby Georgi1914

Guys, I was drunk and elated the last time I posted here! I sinserely thought Ronnie would be a massive favourite against Selby this time. And there was the possibilty for this to happen. No need to go back discussing all the instances that led to 9:7. It is what it is and it is 9:7 Selby. But how about I am an unlucky predictor!? And what if I predict an easy Selby win now?! I am drunk again and I am as bad at predictions as it gets! Have a good night! Selby wins this....
Last edited by Georgi1914 on 13 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Georgi1914 wrote:Guys, I was drunk and elated the last time I posted here! I sinserely thought Ronnie would be a massive favourite against Selby this time. And there was the possibilty for this to happen. No need to go back discussing all the instances that led to 9:7. It is what it is and it is 9:7 Selby. But how about I am an unlucky predictor!? And what if I predict an easy Selby win now?! I am drunk again and I am as bad at predictions as it gets! Have a good night!

rofl <doh> you're always drunk then? ok....

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Georgi1914 wrote:Guys, I was drunk and elated the last time I posted here! I sinserely thought Ronnie would be a massive favourite against Selby this time. And there was the possibilty for this to happen. No need to go back discussing all the instances that led to 9:7. It is what it is and it is 9:7 Selby. But how about I am an unlucky predictor!? And what if I predict an easy Selby win now?! I am drunk again and I am as bad at predictions as it gets! Have a good night!

Good lad - have another beer.

Take the edge off

Postby Andre147

TR was right earlier...

Only way Ronnie can somehow win this match is he scores heavily first chance he gets... he knows that if he misses he could be in for a long frame. Even if he wins that particular frame, his natural flow has gone down the toilet. It's added pressure that's why it will be very hard. In the last 2 matches, especially v MJW, he did recover when being behind, but Selby is different, he doesn't give an inch, you have to create your own chances, and he'll rarely leave you plum in the balls.

Ronnie needs his long game again like the 1st session to create as many chances he can. Otherwise Selby will always find a way to win.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:he needs to play like Judd Trump. Then he can win.

Wilson and Ronnie have had the most centuries in the tournament. Not always, but many times the 2 players that score the most centuries reach the Final. Hopefully that's the case here.

Postby Acé

Mcgill did well with that ton but seeing his run starting to fade away, doubt Kyren loses from here he's been getting stronger as the match went on, Kyren wins from here

5-3 must for Ronnie but unfortunately predicting a Selby win now, Ronnie will have to play flawless one visit snooker from here on, simply can't break down anymore, I assume this was Ronnie's bad session and can't play worse but it was a heavy 2-6 bad session

Postby Andre147

Acé wrote:Mcgill did well with that ton but seeing his run starting to fade away, doubt Kyren loses from here he's been getting stronger as the match went on, Kyren wins from here

5-3 must for Ronnie but unfortunately predicting a Selby win now, Ronnie will have to play flawless one visit snooker from here on, simply can't break down anymore, I assume this was Ronnie's bad session and can't play worse but it was a heavy 2-6 bad session

That 8th frame feels massive...

Even if Selby won the 2nd session like he did, the score would now be 8-8 instead of 9-7. Massive difference.

Postby Acé

Andre147 wrote:
Acé wrote:Mcgill did well with that ton but seeing his run starting to fade away, doubt Kyren loses from here he's been getting stronger as the match went on, Kyren wins from here

That 8th frame feels massive...

Even if Selby won the 2nd session like he did, the score would now be 8-8 instead of 9-7. Massive difference.

Yh it does now but still Ronnie was 5-2 up and the result so far is 9-7 that's a bad ratio of won/lost frames there, to only win 2 frames from the on it's just about damage limitation, Selby won 7/9 from 5-2 down.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie had chances in each frame. In fact he was perfect in the balls in almost every frame. But he struggled with cue ball control and missed quite a few very crucial recovery pots to the green and yellow pocket. No need to say, they have to all go in at this stage.

Postby Georgi1914

Someone expressed their love for Ronnie earlier in this thread and how it can't be compared to other sports. I must confess - I love football, Levski Sofia is a religion for me and Real Madrid is too special... Ohh, let's not forget - I adore Rafa Nadal! And still Ronnie O'Sullivan is something else. I grew up watching him and to this date he is the best sportsman I have ever seen! I just love the snooker dicussions here and all the arguments supportning both Ronnie and Selby, and Trump as well. I have all the emotions right now that are felt by his hardcore fans and all I can say is - hope is the last to die! Good luck Ronnie! The best ever!
Last edited by Georgi1914 on 13 Aug 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheRocket

Acé wrote:interesting to note that this match can decide a difference between 1 and 3 world titles between Ronnie and Selby, lot at stake

Pretty much. Selby could also tie Higgins. Which would be a huge misrepresentation and a wrong reflection of their actual abilities. If there is a Snookergod out there he should do something about all this.

Postby Ck147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hope our Ron can keep the defeat to a respectable level.

Dude, we don't need that kind of negativity, Ronnie has every chance of winning this match, and if he does, I can see him going on to win the title.

Postby Acé

TheRocket wrote:
Acé wrote:interesting to note that this match can decide a difference between 1 and 3 world titles between Ronnie and Selby, lot at stake

Pretty much. Selby could also tie Higgins. Which would be a huge misrepresentation and a wrong reflection of their actual abilities. If there is a Snookergod out there he should do something about all this.

Agree, people will still consider Higgins and Ronnie the greater players Selby would have a long way to go for GOAT discussion with Hendry/Ronnie/Davis but there's that uncomfortable feeling of tying Higgins and being behind of 1 with Ronnie

Postby vodkadiet1

I can see Wilson winning this tournament. He should finish McGill and then get some rest. The others will probably go deep in to the last session and that will give Wilson the advantage. Wilson's long game will be the decisive factor.