Post a reply

Re: Sheffield Theatres To Close Doors

Postby snooker_loopy

Hopefully the WC will have some spectators. The event with no audience seems a complete non starter in terms of atmosphere. I'd rather forget it this year than see a 2020 champion raise the trophy with no-one in the theatre. If Barry Hearn goes ahead with a zero crowd world championship, he's lost his mind.

Postby Scooper

I don’t see why it can’t go ahead without audience. Ya it’ll be rubbisher, but if this is how sporting events are for the time being, it’ll do. The game play doesn’t require physical people watching even if they do improve the atmosphere.

Postby PLtheRef

Wildey wrote:I think the fair way would be give Everyone their Money back and then re sell some online only. When capacity is filled no more tickets.

Wouldn't that cause 'carnage'?

Postby Iranu

PLtheRef wrote:
Wildey wrote:I think the fair way would be give Everyone their Money back and then re sell some online only. When capacity is filled no more tickets.

Yeah, that’s really not fair at all. People who’ve spent the time and effort getting rickets could lose out to latecomers, possibly to people who are only buying tickets in lieu of anything better to do.

If there’s a partial crowd I actually don’t think there is a fair way to go about it. With that in mind, prioritising those who have paid the most is probably the best way because it maximises revenue and protects those who lose more.

And more importantly it would no doubt mean Front Row Brian is there.

“Ethically” I would say no crowd is better than a partial crowd. But as much as I didn’t miss the crowd much during the CL and TC, a World Championship without a crowd would be sacrilege.

Postby Alex0paul

I didn't get a refund for my tickets. I'd just like to know whether I should book a hotel and travel or not tbh

Postby Scooper

Alex0paul wrote:I didn't get a refund for my tickets. I'd just like to know whether I should book a hotel and travel or not tbh

I’m sure they’ll let you know at the latest a few hours before it starts.

Postby Ck147

F1 just did their first race without a crowd, was actually a pretty good race (for a change) but don't think crowds matter as much though. Obviously F1 is a different sport to snooker, but I didn't really miss the crowd in CL and TC either. The WC will be fine without the crowd. Would you rather no WC just because they can't have a live crowd? Deal with the situation we all find ourselves in and make the most of it.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:F1 just did their first race without a crowd, was actually a pretty good race (for a change) but don't think crowds matter as much though. Obviously F1 is a different sport to snooker, but I didn't really miss the crowd in CL and TC either. The WC will be fine without the crowd. Would you rather no WC just because they can't have a live crowd? Deal with the situation we all find ourselves in and make the most of it.

I know what you mean. But I feel like crowd pressure is such a key part of the World Championship it would be a shame for Ding to forever have an asterisk next to his victory.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:F1 just did their first race without a crowd, was actually a pretty good race (for a change) but don't think crowds matter as much though. Obviously F1 is a different sport to snooker, but I didn't really miss the crowd in CL and TC either. The WC will be fine without the crowd. Would you rather no WC just because they can't have a live crowd? Deal with the situation we all find ourselves in and make the most of it.

I know what you mean. But I feel like crowd pressure is such a key part of the World Championship it would be a shame for Ding to forever have an asterisk next to his victory.

When Ding wins the 2020 WC, crowd or no crowd, he won't have an asterisk next to his name, why would he? All the other players are in the same boat.

Postby Ck147

Scooper wrote:Who do you think ding will beat in the final?

I said a couple of weeks ago it will be Mags.

Postby Ck147

Scooper wrote:I feel sorry for the other players having to play a sort of dead rubber tournament knowing they won’t win.

Sad for them, but sure they will feel happy for Ding.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:

Yeah, that’s really not fair at all. People who’ve spent the time and effort getting rickets could lose out to latecomers, possibly to people who are only buying tickets in lieu of anything better to do.

If there’s a partial crowd I actually don’t think there is a fair way to go about it. With that in mind, prioritising those who have paid the most is probably the best way because it maximises revenue and protects those who lose more.

And more importantly it would no doubt mean Front Row Brian is there.

“Ethically” I would say no crowd is better than a partial crowd. But as much as I didn’t miss the crowd much during the CL and TC, a World Championship without a crowd would be sacrilege.

Bungke.

Postby Scooper

My sister got another email saying:

“We are currently working hard on plans so that if indeed we are allowed an
audience in the Crucible, we will be ready to make this happen.

Please be assured that we want to allow the most amount of fans possible within
the arena, however your safety is paramount to this.

Be aware that there will be extraordinary measures in place for your own
protection during your visit to the Championship. These measures may include
using specific toilets, limitations on leaving the auditorium and sitting in the
allocated seating A full set of guidelines will be sent to you prior to your
visit. We will outline details on how else your visit may be affected prior to
the Championship.

We are emailing you now with details of options relating to your entire booking
for the World Snooker Championship 2020:

Option 1: to remain in line for tickets to attend the 2020 Championship
in a reduced capacity, you don't currently need to do anything.
PLEASE NOTE that if you are not successful in obtaining tickets for 2020, or if
your circumstances change and you can no longer attend the event, your tickets
will be automatically transferred to the 2021 event
and if required, you will have up to 14 days to request a full refund. We will
contact you to confirm how your order has been affected.

Option 2: a full refund of your tickets and booking fee “

Postby Scooper

Looks like they’re still being vague about how late we’ll be able to get refund.

I reckon I’m gonna jump ship and cancel, as I don’t like the thought of going to specific toilets etc. Won’t be able to enjoy it.

Postby Alex0paul

Scooper wrote:Looks like they’re still being vague about how late we’ll be able to get refund.

I reckon I’m gonna jump ship and cancel, as I don’t like the thought of going to specific toilets etc. Won’t be able to enjoy it.

Do you enjoy going toilet?

Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:My sister got another email saying:

“We are currently working hard on plans so that if indeed we are allowed an
audience in the Crucible, we will be ready to make this happen.

Please be assured that we want to allow the most amount of fans possible within
the arena, however your safety is paramount to this.

Be aware that there will be extraordinary measures in place for your own
protection during your visit to the Championship. These measures may include
using specific toilets, limitations on leaving the auditorium and sitting in the
allocated seating A full set of guidelines will be sent to you prior to your
visit. We will outline details on how else your visit may be affected prior to
the Championship.

We are emailing you now with details of options relating to your entire booking
for the World Snooker Championship 2020:

Option 1: to remain in line for tickets to attend the 2020 Championship
in a reduced capacity, you don't currently need to do anything.
PLEASE NOTE that if you are not successful in obtaining tickets for 2020, or if
your circumstances change and you can no longer attend the event, your tickets
will be automatically transferred to the 2021 event
and if required, you will have up to 14 days to request a full refund. We will
contact you to confirm how your order has been affected.

Option 2: a full refund of your tickets and booking fee “

Specific toilets?

There's not that many there to begin with.

Postby SnookerFan

Ticket holders for this year’s World Championship are being given a week to decide what they wish to do with their tickets as preparations begin to stage this year’s showcase.

Snooker’s biggest tournament is due to start at its traditional home – Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre – on Friday, July 31 after it’s original dates between April and May were postponed due to coronavirus.

But it remains to be seen whether or not fans will be allowed in with the pandemic still taking affect all over the world.

Now, most, if not all, ticket holders for this year’s World Championship have been emailed by Sheffield Theatres who have given them three options – for which they must decide their preferred choice by 12pm on Monday, July 13.

Bosses at the Crucible say they are working hard on plans so that if a number of fans are allowed to attend, they can make it happen.

But any decision on whether fans can attend or not will be made no earlier than July 17 – meaning those with tickets face a bit of dilemma.

These are the options for ticket holders.

Option 1 – To be put forward for tickets for the 2020 Championship

Option 2 – A transfer to the 2021 tournament

Option 3 – A full refund.

Those choosing option 1 who are not successful will be allowed to choose either option 2 or 3 at a later date.

https://theoldgreenbaize.com/2020/07/06 ... ip-update/

Postby SnookerFan

They e-mailed me. The choice I was given was take a full refund now, or keep the tickets and they'd let me know when they could be used. New dates hadn't been announced yet, so all I knew was it'd either happen; "Later in the year or April and May 2021." Due to the uncertainty, I got a refund.

Good to see that they're giving the choice between this year or next now.

Postby Scooper

I’m wondering if the above is accurate because my sister was given option 1, then option 2 or 3 if 1 isn’t possible. Or just take option 3 straight away, but can’t take option 2 straight away.

You have to be an expert in mathematical lateral thinking problems just to understand the situation, never mind make a good decision.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:They e-mailed me. The choice I was given was take a full refund now, or keep the tickets and they'd let me know when they could be used. New dates hadn't been announced yet, so all I knew was it'd either happen; "Later in the year or April and May 2021." Due to the uncertainty, I got a refund.

Good to see that they're giving the choice between this year or next now.

Sorry, meant to add, that this was when The Crucible was first postponed in April.