Post a reply

Re: It’s Off

Postby Acé

vodkadiet1 wrote:No. It was Hazel Irvine's debut as a ref. She went somewhat red faced when O'Sullivan called her a 'Muppet' for putting the green on the black spot even though the green spot was available.

So we got:

1. Ronnie and Bingham playing one chance snooker putting it in style for the crowd with a 10-7 overnight lead
2. Heated handshake and verbal abuse towards each other, NEEDLE!!!
3. Ding and over excited Wenbo commentating
4. Hazel Irvine sidestepping from her comms duties to ref the world final, then blushing from the"muppet" insult from ROS showing me what I already knew - she likes the bad boys
5. hot streaker interrupting the game in a face mask

already looking better than the 1985 final, chance to be the GOAT final

COME ON VODKA! ANOTHER STRONG MORNING SESSION AND FINAL!

Postby Alex0paul

vodkadiet1 wrote:That streaker ruined Bingham's flow. He was taking control. On a break of 80 (ten reds, ten blacks) and then he misses the next shot and goes in off. O'Sullivan gets a snooker and a free ball, and then clears. 7-7 instead of 8-6 Bingham and now O'Sullivan has won the last 3 frames in 25 minutes for 10-7 overnight.

They seemed to be having words at the end of the session. Bingham was holding really tightly on to O'Sullivan's hand and giving him some real verbal. I could see the saliva pouring from Bingham's mouth straight in to O'Sullivan's face. O'Sullivan looked annoyed and mouthed back at Bingham "I will see you tomorrow" as he broke free from Bingham's grip.

Bingham needs to have a stiff few at the bar to simmer down otherwise he might be in danger of wrecking his hotel room.

Brilliant

Postby vodkadiet1

Good session for Bingham this afternoon. Takes it 5-3 and trails by just one going in to tonight's final session. Strange that O'Sullivan didn't play on for the one snooker he required in the last frame. He didn't even look at the table. It looked an easy snooker to stun the cue ball in behind the yellow. I think he was still annoyed at losing the frame before after Bingham got 3 snookers on the colours. Bingham had actually nodded to Hazel to say he had conceded and Hazel said to him "Are you sure Stuart?" Hazel had a glint in her eye when she asked him the question and Bingham felt obliged to at least try for her and amazingly O'Sullivan failed to escape from 2 easy snookers and then miscued completely after Hazel asked him which colour he was going for even though there was only blue, pink, and black on the table. And Bingham cleared and now it is game on.

And I loved the way Bingham declined O'Sullivan's fist pump handshake and instead stuck 2 fingers up to O'Sullivan's face.

There is real needle here.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet1 wrote:Good session for Bingham this afternoon. Takes it 5-3 and trails by just one going in to tonight's final session. Strange that O'Sullivan didn't play on for the one snooker he required in the last frame. He didn't even look at the table. It looked an easy snooker to stun the cue ball in behind the yellow. I think he was still annoyed at losing the frame before after Bingham got 3 snookers on the colours. Bingham had actually nodded to Hazel to say he had conceded and Hazel said to him "Are you sure Stuart?" Hazel had a glint in her eye when she asked him the question and Bingham felt obliged to at least try for her and amazingly O'Sullivan failed to escape from 2 easy snookers and then miscued completely after Hazel asked him which colour he was going for even though there was only blue, pink, and black on the table. And Bingham cleared and now it is game on.

And I loved the way Bingham declined O'Sullivan's fist pump handshake and instead stuck 2 fingers up to O'Sullivan's face.

There is real needle here.

DECLINE!

Postby Wildey

buck sakes how sad are you lot <doh>

Postby HustleKing

Pink Ball wrote:
Wildey wrote:buck sakes how sad are you lot <doh>

Snooker Jihadist speaks...

I agree it is a bit sad.

Then again it could be worse and be snooker shipping and be the steamy details of what happens when the audio leaves the commentary box between Taylor and Virgo :help:

Postby vodkadiet1

Incredible opening frame... I have never seen a respot with just the black and the cue ball on the table. Hazel should just say they have 5 shots each. The black and cue ball literally seem jammed in the green pocket.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:buck sakes how sad are you lot <doh>

You tell them, Wild.

You guys suck. :grrr:

Postby vodkadiet1

So Hazel let them pfaff around for 30 minutes in that stalemate before calling time on the frame. 13-12 still. What a waste of an hour!

Postby vodkadiet1

This is incredible from Bingham. Breaks of 117, 97, 77, and 76 and he is 16-13 up. After the rerack O'Sullivan scored 5 points in those 4 frames.

Six straight frames for Bingham.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Bingham won't win. He's a journeyman, not World Champion material.

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Bingham celebrated his win with a beach holiday and a new tattoo.

Sexy guy!!

Postby vodkadiet1

O'Sullivan wins 2 frames in one visit. Bingham no longer favourite although he leads 16-15.

Postby vodkadiet1

Why is Stephen Fry commentating with Patsy Fagan for these last few frames?

Postby vodkadiet1

Hazel doesn't seem yo understand the 'miss rule'. Bingham is seething. Hazel must have been given the snooker referee guide book from the 70s or 80s. O'Sullivan has taken full advantage of Hazel's incompetence.

16-16.

Postby Juddernaut88

I'd love it if the match went to 17-17 then a black ball game, Bingham then plays a terrible shot on the black but flukes it in to win the match. That would defo sum up his name "ballrun Bingham"
Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 04 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet1

137 total clearance from O'Sullivan. 17-16.

Postby vodkadiet1

O'Sullivan in here. Break of 56 and counting. Bingham looks forlorn.

Postby vodkadiet1

Just heard that the government are calling for everyone to go home and stay home. All pubs and bars to shut with immediate effect, shops and businesses to stop trading. This seems serious. Is King Kong out on the loose?

Postby vodkadiet1

Hazel called O'Sullivan for a push shot on championship ball. Bingham stepped in and cleared up for 17-17. O'Sullivan looked really annoyed. Surely he would have called the foul on himself? I looked back on the replay and I wasn't sure. Brave call from Hazel there.

Bingham gave a massive fist pump in O'Sullivan's direction when he knocked the final black in.

Postby Acé

this is exciting!!!

Is King Kong gonna crash the Crucible? Will Godzilla be there too?

Postby vodkadiet1

What's happening here? Police have entered The Crucible. Why are they wearing masks? Bingham was just about to respond to O'Sullivan's break off and then they both get arrested and their cues seized. Hazel tried to explain to the cops that it was the final frame of The World Championship final but they weren't having any of it and she was shoved towards the table and arrested by 3 officers.

There are riots in the crowd. Balls are being hurled across the venue by spectators and also by the police. These scenes are unprecedented. Barry Hearn looks furious. What did he shout out before police handcuffed him? I think it was "Why has no one in Eastenders got a Washing Machine?"
Last edited by vodkadiet1 on 04 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Acé

PLZ VODKADIET LET KING GHIDORAH COME AND WE CAN HAVE A KAIJU WARFARE AT THE CRUCIBLE!!!

Postby Acé

vodkadiet1 wrote: she was shoved towards the table and arrested by 3 officers.

kinky

Postby Alex0paul

Incredible scenes