Postby SnookerFan

Scooper wrote:It just won’t be the same without James Wattana

It'll be better.

Re: The Draw

Postby Alex0paul

James Wattana RIP

Postby GeF

Acé wrote:If Judd doesn't reach the final with this draw it'll be a major disappointment and quiet embarassing lol

No Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding in Judd's half. Hate to say it but the upper half is pretty much a cakewalk for Judd's calibre, even I can't lie about it or make excuses to say it looks tough lol cuz it isn't.

Yes, but he will face an undefeated player at some point. This player is knowned by his nickmane : "the Crucible curse".

Postby Acé

GeF wrote:
Acé wrote:If Judd doesn't reach the final with this draw it'll be a major disappointment and quiet embarassing lol

No Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding in Judd's half. Hate to say it but the upper half is pretty much a cakewalk for Judd's calibre, even I can't lie about it or make excuses to say it looks tough lol cuz it isn't.

Yes, but he will face an undefeated player at some point. This player is knowned by his nickmane : "the Crucible curse".

Yh literally the only thing that could stop him but there isn't a better chance than this draw to break it. No way in hell is Judd gonna lose sleep once he saw this draw lol this is his best chance.

All the danger men even the likes of Bingham and Hawkins are on the bottom half

Postby Iranu

Judd’s lost all his momentum and looked poor in both the CL and the TC. If he takes that form into the Worlds he won’t get far at all.

In fact, COVID might have been the Curse’s only way of stopping Judd this year.

Postby Juddernaut88

It depends which Judd Trump turns up. If he plays how he did in the Tour Championship he could easily be out in the 1st or 2nd round. Also if Judd does manage to make it to the Quarter finals he could face Kyren Wilson or Stephen Maguire. Kyren Wilson has been Judds bogey player in the last 3 years or so. Maguire of course beating Judd last week and they had a close semi final match in the players championship so both of them would be very tough matches for Judd.

Postby TheRocket

I wouldnt undererstimate Wilson if they did play in the quarters. Judd 's obviously the much superior player when both play to the best of their abilities but Trump tend to struggle with Wilson. Probably because of the needle and rivalry. He tries too hard.

He needs to put that aside when he faces Wilson.

Postby Acé

Juddernaut88 wrote:It depends which Judd Trump turns up. If he plays how he did in the Tour Championship he could easily be out in the 1st or 2nd round. Also if Judd does manage to make it to the Quarter finals he could face Kyren Wilson or Stephen Maguire. Kyren Wilson has been Judds bogey player in the last 3 years or so. Maguire of course beating Judd last week and they had a close semi final match in the players championship so both of them would be very tough matches for Judd.

If Kyren Wilson is very tough for Judd then what does that make Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding, Hawkins, Bingham? Is Kyren Wilson tougher than them now?

Lightning isn't gonna strike twice for Maguire LOL if you think Kyren and Maguire are better players than Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding

Postby Scooper

Alex0paul wrote:James Wattana RIP

Haha not that rubbish again

Postby Acé

TheRocket wrote:I wouldnt undererstimate Wilson if they did play in the quarters. Judd 's obviously the much superior player when both play to the best of their abilities but Trump tend to struggle with Wilson. Probably because of the needle and rivalry. He tries too hard.

Bloody hell not you too.

What's with this Kyren Wilson :wkr:

Have I been away for that long that he became some world beater entity on this forum? literally what the hell

Postby Acé

Imagine being scared against Kyren Wilson, KYREN WILSON lol

Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding? Nah, easy peasy. Far inferior

But Kyren Wilson? Time to pack up your bags and hand him the title already.

Postby lhpirnie

Alex0paul wrote:James Wattana RIP

James Wattana is currently working close to the front-line for a Covid-19 charity in Bangkok, along with Dechawat Poomjaeng and others.

Postby TheRocket

Acé wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I wouldnt undererstimate Wilson if they did play in the quarters. Judd 's obviously the much superior player when both play to the best of their abilities but Trump tend to struggle with Wilson. Probably because of the needle and rivalry. He tries too hard.

Bloody hell not you too.

What's with this Kyren Wilson :wkr:

Have I been away for that long that he became some world beater entity on this forum? literally what the hell

Thats not what I said though. Wilson obviously is much inferior to the likes of Ronnie,Robertson.

But look at the H2H. If you dont count the Championship league Wilson even has a leading H2H over Judd. And thats because judd played many weak matches against him. Probably because he dislikes Wilson and tries too hard which doesnt always work.

But dont get me wrong. When they both meet in the quarters and Trump plays at his best he'd crush Wilson.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Acé wrote:Imagine being scared against Kyren Wilson, KYREN WILSON lol

Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding? Nah, easy peasy. Far inferior

But Kyren Wilson? Time to pack up your bags and hand him the title already.

Judd has lost some big matches against Kyren.

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:It depends which Judd Trump turns up. If he plays how he did in the Tour Championship he could easily be out in the 1st or 2nd round. Also if Judd does manage to make it to the Quarter finals he could face Kyren Wilson or Stephen Maguire. Kyren Wilson has been Judds bogey player in the last 3 years or so. Maguire of course beating Judd last week and they had a close semi final match in the players championship so both of them would be very tough matches for Judd.

If Kyren Wilson is very tough for Judd then what does that make Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding, Hawkins, Bingham? Is Kyren Wilson tougher than them now?

Lightning isn't gonna strike twice for Maguire LOL if you think Kyren and Maguire are better players than Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding

When did I say Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Ding and Murphy aren't tough? I never even said Kyren Wilson and Maguire are better players than them so please stop putting words in my mouth.
I was simply illustrating that if Judd makes it to the Quarter finals he would have a tough match against either Kyren Wilson or Stephen Maguire and not the easy run to the final you were suggesting.

Postby Pink Ball

I knew Ding would win the World Championship in 2020, but I didn't anticipate how incredibly the stars would align.

Under no pressure this year to win it: all the pressure was just on turning up. That's all he'll have been thinking about, not thinking about winning the title.

No crowd: I do think he's good enough to win it in front of a crowd, but he has struggled with the Crucible atmosphere, so this will help.

Trump falling out of form: Trump was in consistent form the likes of which I'd never seen before lock-down. Has looked bang-average by his standards since then. Curse has got him.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:I am bucking beaming, and I've every justification to be beaming.

You certainly do, luv you x

Postby Iranu

Ding winning is gonna be my favourite snooker story ever, narrowly ahead of MJW in 2018.

Postby Wildey

Acé wrote:Actually I don't think I've seen such a vast difference in general quality between two halves in a WC draw, ever.

Bottom half is looking like a bloodbath, I doubt anyone will have the energy to win if Judd gets to the final.

The last 3 ranking event played this season the players are from the Top half in fact.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:Ding winning is gonna be my favourite snooker story ever, narrowly ahead of MJW in 2018.

Lets be honest there is more chance seeing Williams win it again than Ding.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ding winning is gonna be my favourite snooker story ever, narrowly ahead of MJW in 2018.

I strongly disagree with you on this.

Pink Ball’s premonition aside, Ding is far better placed to win it than Williams and I won’t be at all surprised to see him win it this year.

Postby Acé

Juddernaut88 wrote: When did I say Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Ding and Murphy aren't tough? I never even said Kyren Wilson and Maguire are better players than them so please stop putting words in my mouth.
I was simply illustrating that if Judd makes it to the Quarter finals he would have a tough match against either Kyren Wilson or Stephen Maguire and not the easy run to the final you were suggesting.

You think Kyren Wilson and Stephen Maguire are "very tough" so what does that make Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding?

If you're putting those 2 on a "very tough" scale then what about the other 5 cuz there's definitely a distinction in levels between bucking Kyren Wilson and the other 5.

As usual you have no clue what you're on about. This draw is easy as heck for any top player.

Postby Acé

Wildey wrote:
Acé wrote:Actually I don't think I've seen such a vast difference in general quality between two halves in a WC draw, ever.

Bottom half is looking like a bloodbath, I doubt anyone will have the energy to win if Judd gets to the final.

The last 3 ranking event played this season the players are from the Top half in fact.

The last 3 ranking events won in 2018/2019 season were Bingham, Ronnie, Robertson and we know what happened. Exits before the first week.

The last 3 ranking events won in 2017/2018 were Day, Ronnie and Selby and we know what happened. Exits before the first week.

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:

Therefore Williams will win it again.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I strongly disagree with you on this.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl It's a load of bucking bullocks rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl You'd think he'd have learned after being buggered with a daffodil.

Postby Juddernaut88

Acé wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote: When did I say Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Ding and Murphy aren't tough? I never even said Kyren Wilson and Maguire are better players than them so please stop putting words in my mouth.

You think Kyren Wilson and Stephen Maguire are "very tough" so what does that make Robertson, Selby, Ronnie, Murphy, Ding?

If you're putting those 2 on a "very tough" scale then what about the other 5 cuz there's definitely a distinction in levels between bucking Kyren Wilson and the other 5.

As usual you have no clue what you're on about. This draw is easy as heck for any top player.

I consider potentially 20+ players to be very tough. Why are you always so angry for when me and others have different opinions and don't agree with everything you think?