Post a reply

Re: BildBet German Masters Last 32 !!!!!

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Reg Varney wrote:Looks like Judd's to lose from that lineup.

Depends, hasn't played since his controversial trip to Dubai, and who knows how COVID has affected him?

It doesn't seem that controversial. Not many people are talking about it.

Let’s see who’s talking about it when he’s actually present - that’ll be interesting.

Are you suggesting that we should mention it to him next time we see him?

You're Not meant to be seeing him at all ATM!

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:Was Jack definitely in Dubai too?

That's what I thought. Not sure now. I might have got that wrong. I didn't see the pictures Judd posted of him partying. I think I read somewhere Jack was with him but not sure now.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I'll be sure to mention it once or twice.

Why not three times? :chin:

Live a little. <ok>

Better not.

I don't want to be branded a Judd hater.

Postby SnookerEd25

Alex0paul wrote:Pumped for this. Bit sad that Yan isn’t there though

Me too - he’s in my ThinkPink team :irk:

Postby TheRocket

When Higgins played Allen at the Masters, Allen clearly still had symptoms from his Covid infection. He even said during the Eurosport interview that he wasnt 100% fit yet. He was coughing a lot. It surprised me that he was allowed to play.

Might be the reason why Higgins has Covid now.

Postby McManusFan

TheRocket wrote:When Higgins played Allen at the Masters, Allen clearly still had symptoms from his Covid infection. He even said during the Eurosport interview that he wasnt 100% fit yet. He was coughing a lot. And sneezing. It surprised me that he was allowed to play.

He'll have had a negative test, and I think symptoms can persist long after being infectious.

I hope he's doing ok, it's a little bit worrying that none of the press releases comment on how he's doing.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:When Higgins played Allen at the Masters, Allen clearly still had symptoms from his Covid infection. He even said during the Eurosport interview that he wasnt 100% fit yet. He was coughing a lot. And sneezing. It surprised me that he was allowed to play.

He'll have had a negative test, and I think symptoms can persist long after being infectious.

I hope he's doing ok, it's a little bit worrying that none of the press releases comment on how he's doing.

Hendon’s tweet said that he was “marched from the venue” the tone of which suggests he wasn’t feeling severe symptoms at that time at least.

Postby TheRocket

McManusFan wrote:

I think you still get positive test results for 2 or 3 weeks after you're already fit and healthy again and dont have any symptoms. Fragments of the dead virus are still lurking in your body. Hard to see Allen having a negative test result so quickly when he was sick during New year.

But he obviously went through isolation period for 10 or 14 days and likelihood is that is not infectious anymore. Still risky decision to let him play though imo.

And yes hope Higgins is doing ok.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:When Higgins played Allen at the Masters, Allen clearly still had symptoms from his Covid infection. He even said during the Eurosport interview that he wasnt 100% fit yet. He was coughing a lot. It surprised me that he was allowed to play.

im sure Allen been coughing every year since 1986 and he will be unwell again every year to come you cant stop work every time you cough there will be nobody doing anything during winter including doctors and nurses then the death rates would be going up with no staff in hospitals.

Postby SnookerFan

Ding 1-0 down.

Anybody watching Ding? How is he playing?

For somebody with his talent, he can be incredibly below par for very long periods at a time. Really frustrating.

Postby SnookerFan

McManusFan wrote:Just tuned in. The ghost misses an easy red, Ding has a chance to counter clear. COME ON!

Are you watching on The Player, or on regular television?

Postby Juddernaut88

I think the German Masters should start a day earlier. 4 matches in the afternoon and 4 in the evening on Tuesday and Wednesday and that's round 1 done. Then the same again on Thursday and round 2 is done.
Makes it a better format and no player has to play twice in a day which will happen to some tomorrow.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:Just tuned in. The ghost misses an easy red, Ding has a chance to counter clear. COME ON!

Are you watching on The Player, or on regular television?

Betting website. My eurosport streams weren't showing it as far as I could see.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:I think the German Masters should start a day earlier. 4 matches in the afternoon and 4 in the evening on Tuesday and Wednesday and that's round 1 done. Then the same again on Thursday and round 2 is done.
Makes it a better format and no player has to play twice in a day which will happen to some tomorrow.

I see no reason that they couldn't do it this year, whilst in Milton Keynes.

I don't know if there's a reason they usually have five at a time in Berlin. Maybe something to do with cost or availability of the venue, shortening it to five days.

I've always thought that the German fans deserve a proper week long tournament. I also kind of think the five table setup looks stupid, though I know a lot of people disagree. Obviously, I've never attended in real life so can't comment if it looks better when you're there live. But I can't see how having the main table miles away from the fans can be a good idea.

Postby SnookerFan

I never really got Casper The Friendly ghost. At the end of every episode, he'd made a new friend. But then at the start of the next episode he'd be complaining that he was lonely again.

What was he doing to his friends in between episodes? Where did they suddenly go? Or did he just not understand that you're allowed to see your mates more than once?