Think Pink 2019/20 is over, with Rekoons becoming our inaugural champion. But as one season ends, a new Think Pink season begins, and the search for a 2020/21 champion begins in earnest.
This year will see two rule changes:
1. Any tournament whose final is shorter than best of 17 will be worth half points.
2. The tie-break criteria has changed to the following:
The first tie-break criteria is to check which of the tied entrants has the highest-scoring team member. If still tied, we check the second-highest-scoring team member, then third, and so on and so forth.
If the tie-break hasn't been broken after checking each team member, then it's a dead-heat between the players, unless both players have picked exactly the same team. In that case, whoever entered their team first wins.
The other rules are as follows, and unchanged from last year:
1. All 96 tour players are split into 16 groups of six according to the rankings at the conclusion of the 2020 World Championship. Group one contains players ranked one to six; group two contains players ranked seven to 12; group three contains players ranked 13 to 18, and so on and so forth until group 16, which contains players ranked 91 to 96.
2. Each entrant picks one player in each group as a team member.
3. You must then select a 17th player as a wildcard. This can be any snooker player who is not ranked inside the world's top 96.
4. Every ranking tournament counts towards the scoring, except for the Shootout. Invitational events do not count.
5. The scoring criteria is the same as last year. If your Group One player makes it to a quarter final, they score you one point; two for a semi-final; three for a final; and four for winning a ranking tournament. If your Group Two player makes it to a quarter final, they score you two points; four for a semi-final; six for a final; and eight for winning a ranking tournament. For group three players it goes 3, 6, 9, 12; group four goes 4, 8, 12, 16, and so on and so forth until group 16 players, which goes 16, 32, 48, 64. A wildcard player, meanwhile, scores 25, 50, 75, 100 for the above.
6. The World Championship carries triple points on the above.
7. With cue school and the World Championship running concurrently, this year's entry deadline has changed. We will be open to entries once the World Championship final is over, and entries will be accepted until 23:59:59 on August 31. The new Think Pink season begins on September 13 when the Championship League commences.
8. All you have to do to enter is fill out the template below once the deadline is open and the players included in each group have been posted.
9. Once you have entered, you cannot change your team. I will ask Wildey to move this thread to the predictions section as soon as entries are open in order to prevent post editing.
10. Once I have confirmed your team is eligible, then you are signed up to battle for the 2021 Coland Rox Memorial Trophy.
11. Any participants who moderators confirm have entered twice using more than one Snooker Island ID will be disqualified.
This is the template:
And here is the trophy: