Post a reply

Re: Think Pink 2020/21

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I should have read the rules - but I didn't.

How come Gould scores more than the others? Is this because he is in a lower tiered group?

Correct. The idea is that it rewards people who pick out gems that would generally not be as well-known as the top guys. The premise of the competition first day is that it would give an advantage to those with a wider knowledge of what happens further down the rankings.

What happened to Wildey last year then?

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

How come Gould scores more than the others? Is this because he is in a lower tiered group?

Correct. The idea is that it rewards people who pick out gems that would generally not be as well-known as the top guys. The premise of the competition first day is that it would give an advantage to those with a wider knowledge of what happens further down the rankings.

Rock bottom, that's what happened!

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

I wouldn’t be too smug. I believe he knows the tour better than any of us. More often than not, he’ll give the title a good run I reckon.

Postby The_Abbott

Pink Ball wrote:

Good to know. I wonder what diamonds I picked instead of Gould :chin: Although I think I picked some polished turds instead

Postby Pink Ball

Just for clarity on the Championship League:
1. It does count, but it's worth half points.
2. The eight players who get to the final two groups will be considered the quarter-finalists.
3. The two players who finish second in the final two groups will be considered the semi-finalists.

Postby Pink Ball

Player of the Year standings after Kyren Wilson (1), Judd Trump (1), John Higgins (2) and Zhou Yuelong (5) advanced to the English Open quarter finals.

1 Martin Gould 27
2 Zhou Yuelong 5
3 Shaun Murphy 4
3 Mark Selby 4
5 Yan Bingtao 3
5 Judd Trump 3
7 Ding Junhui 2
7 Kyren Wilson 2
7 John Higgins 2
10 Neil Robertson 1

Postby Pink Ball

Player of the Year standings after Robbie Williams (11) advanced to the quarter finals of the English Open

1 Martin Gould 27
2 Robbie Williams 11
3 Zhou Yuelong 5
4 Shaun Murphy 4
4 Mark Selby 4
6 Yan Bingtao 3
6 Judd Trump 3
8 Ding Junhui 2
8 Kyren Wilson 2
8 John Higgins 2
11 Neil Robertson 1

Postby Pink Ball

Think Pink Player of the Year standings after Neil Robertson (1) advanced to the English Open quarter finals.
1 Martin Gould 27
2 Robbie Williams 11
3 Zhou Yuelong 5
4 Shaun Murphy 4
4 Mark Selby 4
6 Yan Bingtao 3
6 Judd Trump 3
8 Ding Junhui 2
8 Kyren Wilson 2
8 John Higgins 2
8 Neil Robertson 2

Postby Pink Ball

Player of the Year standings after Mark Selby (1) advanced to the English Open quarter finals.

1 Martin Gould 27
2 Robbie Williams 11
3 Zhou Yuelong 5
3 Mark Selby 5
5 Shaun Murphy 4
6 Yan Bingtao 3
6 Judd Trump 3
8 Ding Junhui 2
8 Kyren Wilson 2
8 John Higgins 2
8 Neil Robertson 2

Postby Pink Ball

Think Pink Player of the Year rankings after Jak Jones (12) advanced to the English Open quarter finals.

1 Martin Gould 27
2 Jak Jones 12
3 Robbie Williams 11
4 Zhou Yuelong 5
4 Mark Selby 5
6 Shaun Murphy 4
7 Yan Bingtao 3
7 Judd Trump 3
9 Ding Junhui 2
9 Kyren Wilson 2
9 John Higgins 2
9 Neil Robertson 2

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerEd goes from third to top of the table with Jak Jones' win, but Jones pickers have gone flying up the rankings all round.

Last year's Pink Dildo recipient Wildey is already almost halfway to his 2019/20 points tally, and he goes from fifth to second.

Iranu goes from eight to third; CK goes from 14th to 4th; PL and Chengdufan from 20th to 16th; Snoopy2608 from 24th to 18th; and Prop from 31st to 19th.

Postby Iranu

Saving this image so I can always remember the good times when I slip down the rankings.

Postby SnookerEd25

Me too. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Postby SnookerEd25

The_Abbott wrote:I'm planning on relegation from the Think Pink tour

Don't go there; theSaviour is overseeing tier 2...

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I'm planning on relegation from the Think Pink tour

Don't go there; theSaviour is overseeing tier 2...

<laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

Think Pink Player of the Year standings after Mark Selby (1) and John Higgins (2) advanced to the English Open semi finals.
1 Martin Gould 27
2 Jak Jones 12
3 Robbie Williams 11
4 Mark Selby 6
5 Zhou Yuelong 5
6 Shaun Murphy 4
6 John Higgins 4
8 Yan Bingtao 3
8 Judd Trump 3
10 Ding Junhui 2
10 Kyren Wilson 2
10 Neil Robertson 2

Postby Andre147

If Wild goes from rock bottom to winning this we won't hear the end of it

rofl

Postby Pink Ball

Think Pink Player of the Year standings after Judd Trump (1) and Neil Robertson (1) advanced to the English Open semi-finals.

1 Martin Gould 27
2 Jak Jones 12
3 Robbie Williams 11
4 Mark Selby 6
5 Zhou Yuelong 5
6 Shaun Murphy 4
6 John Higgins 4
6 Judd Trump 4
9 Yan Bingtao 3
9 Neil Robertson 3
11 Ding Junhui 2
11 Kyren Wilson 2

Postby Wildey

i hoped and my god im better this season :D :clap: :happy:

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:i hoped and my god im better this season :D :clap: :happy:

Don’t get too cocky, I was five points clear after the China Championship last season and finished the season in the bottom quarter <laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:i hoped and my god im better this season :D :clap: :happy:

Don’t get too cocky, I was five points clear after the China Championship last season and finished the season in the bottom quarter <laugh>

Rekoons was the only man not to score a point in the first tournament last year. He ended up winning the bucking thing.