Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Think Pink 2022/23

Postby Pink Ball

Entrants so far (39):

The 32-County Republic (Pink Ball)
With apologies to the following players (Chengdufan)
Lord's Resistance Army (Cloud Strife)
The Phantom Striper (McManusfan)
Bott's Army (Mantorok)
All Aboard For Wenden's Ambo (LDS)
Pink Pals 3: Pinkin' Ain't Easy (Iranu)
Match fixers (giargi)
A pinch of Selt spoils the baize (The_Abbott)
Can't work under these bucking conditions (Holden Chinaski)
Mid-table mediocrity (snoopy2608)
The John Pulman Erotic Cabaret (James Bentley)
Obelisk The Tormenter (TheRocket)
The Mangelwurzels (Yanfan)
Next year will be our year (Juddernaut88)
prince is the goat (not ronnie) (csprince)
Inspector Blake's Clipboard (Reg Varney)
Steve Mifsud's Tour Card (Minimum Break)
Twitchfest (rekoons)
The Magnificent Sixteen (Vallomas)
!"£$%^&*() (SnookerFan)
21/22 was rubbish (Wildey)
china syndrome (RunningSide)
Murphy's Fleshlight (Prop)
The Jackie Rea Brass Ensemble (badtemperedcyril)
Ones to Watache (Empire State Human)
I saw Mummy Kissing Matthew Selt (SnookerEd25)
The Milkman Cometh (Dan-cat)
Sunday Boys Forever (sundaygirl)
Winter Garden Warriors (aimlesswandeer)
Johnny's Ronettes (Johnny Bravo)
Raeil's Rabbits (Raeil)
ProudRef (Andre147)
A group for potential (Raphael98)
The Eternal Bachelors (vodkadiet1)
快乐的露营者!(HappyCamper)
Koronatrology Rotation (gninnur karona)
Susanna Reid's bubble butt (Acé)
now Japan (KrazeeEyezKilla)

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:At 38 entries, this is guaranteed to be the biggest Think Pink ever, and by some distance. The previous record was last year (33)

This'll test your Excel skills like never before!

Postby Holden Chinaski

mantorok wrote:Shame you wouldn't allow Bots, would've made it 40.

Yes it would have been interesting to see what Graeme Bott would do.

Re: Think Pink 2022/23

Postby Ck147

Sorry a bit late, life got in the way, totally understand if you disallow this, but please allow it!

Team Name: The Dreamboat from Down Under
Group One: Neil Robertson
Group Two: Jack Lisowski
Group Three: Yan Bingtao
Group Four: Stephen Maguire
Group Five: Ryan Day
Group Six: Ding Junhui
Group Seven: Xiao Guodong
Group Eight: Lyu Haotian
Group Nine: Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Group Ten: Matthew Stevens
Group Eleven: Michael Holt
Group Twelve: Jackson Page
Group Thirteen: Ashley Carty
Group Fourteen: Lukas Kleckers
Group Fifteen: Hammad Miah
Group Sixteen: Peter Lines
Wildcard: White, not Jimmy, Michael

Postby Raiel

My knowledge of exactly how the snooker rankings work is not great, to say the least. So, if this is a daft question, I apologise in advance.

But I just wondered why the cut-off date for entries is the day befote Q School, and not before the first pro tournament of the season?

Can Q School affect the rankings Or is there a different reason that is obvious, but, due to my daftness, is not occurring to me.

Thanks.

Postby Prop

I propose that socks are also banned. Might clean the forum up a bit as well from the scumbags that get their kicks convincing themselves we’re all stupid and haven’t got a clue :roll:

ID registration can’t come soon enough.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:Sorry, can't accept your entry CK. Although I'll be keeping a close eye on how you would have fared.

Can you put me in brackets at the end of your results then? I fully accept I can’t win or get that pink rude looking thing. Thinking about it, you might as well add me, a day late, come on mate!

Postby McManusFan

Ck147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Sorry, can't accept your entry CK. Although I'll be keeping a close eye on how you would have fared.

Can you put me in brackets at the end of your results then? I fully accept I can’t win or get that pink rude looking thing. Thinking about it, you might as well add me, a day late, come on mate!

10% late penalty!

Postby Dan-cat

Prop wrote:

I propose that socks are also banned. Might clean the forum up a bit as well from the scumbags that get their kicks convincing themselves we’re all stupid and haven’t got a clue :roll:

This can be done

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:
Prop wrote:

This can be done

It can! Did this at work adding MFA to our AWS sites, I know Manty prefers Azure but know it can do the same. You know where to reach me if you want to chat about it!

Postby Pink Ball

Having given this some consideration, I will use the following rules for future editions:

1) Partially complete teams will be accepted, but if not updated to include a full team, you have to stick with the partially completed team. So, for example, if you forget to pick a Group 15 player, you're going into the main event a man down.

2) Late entries will be accepted, but there's a 10-point deduction for entering a team within the first 24 hours of the deadline passing, and a further 10 points are deducted each day late after that.

With all this in mind, I'm going to bring these rules into force immediately, so Ck147 and Sidetracked can both take part this year with the above-mentioned handicaps in play.

Postby Pink Ball

Sidetracked picked a Group 16 player (Duane Jones) as his Group 15 player, and he picked no Group 16 player. Therefore, he will enter without a Group 15 and Group 16 player. His other 15 players are eligible.

Ck147 entered his team on May 18, and the last day entries could be accepted on was May 15. He got his team in on the third day after deadline, so he will start with a 30-point penalty.

Postby Doc

For a bit of fun, this the entry I would have submitted if I joined the forum before the closing date. Just to see how I would have fared.

Team name: Jonny Barron should have turned professional.
Group one: Judd Trump
Group two: Jack Lisowski
Group three: Mark Allen
Group four: Stephen Maguire
Group five: Martin Gould
Group six: Ding Junhui
Group seven: Xiao Guodong
Group eight: Lyu Haotian
Group nine: Pang Junxu
Group ten: Dominic Dale
Group eleven: Tian Pengfei
Group twelve: Jackson Page
Group thirteen: Andy Hicks
Group fourteen: Wu Yize
Group fifteen: Zhao Jianbo
Group sixteen: Aaron Hill
Wild card: Marco Fu

One thing is certain. I am definitely going to finish last in the competition. <laugh>

Postby Pink Ball

Doc wrote:For a bit of fun, this the entry I would have submitted if I joined the forum before the closing date. Just to see how I would have fared.

One thing is certain. I am definitely going to finish last in the competition. <laugh>

Ah buck off, you’re way too late, we have to have some bit of mystery over who’ll win the dildo.

Postby Doc

Pink Ball wrote:
Doc wrote:For a bit of fun, this the entry I would have submitted if I joined the forum before the closing date. Just to see how I would have fared.

Ah buck off, you’re way too late, we have to have some bit of mystery over who’ll win the dildo.

OK. Fair enough. I didn't realise there was a booby prize for last place. <laugh>

Postby Doc

Doc wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:One thing is certain. I am definitely going to finish last in the competition. <laugh>

OK. Fair enough. I didn't realise there was a booby prize for last place. <laugh>

And it's great that someone here has told me to buck off in a jovial manner. If I told some of my son's fiends to buck off, they would start crying, run off to find a 'safe space', and call their therapist. rofl

Postby chengdufan

Doc wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:... the dildo.

... a booby prize

I think you might be using your dildo incorrectly :chin:

Postby Doc

chengdufan wrote:
Doc wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:... the dildo.

... a booby prize

I think you might be using your dildo incorrectly :chin:

:shock: :evilgrin: rofl

(I've just found all the emojis. :-D )

Postby Pink Ball

Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:One thing is certain. I am definitely going to finish last in the competition. <laugh>

And it's great that someone here has told me to buck off in a jovial manner. If I told some of my son's fiends to buck off, they would start crying, run off to find a 'safe space', and call their therapist. rofl

Jovial?

Postby Doc

Pink Ball wrote:
Doc wrote:
Doc wrote:

Jovial?

Not jovial, then?

Have I just found the forum's Mr Miserable? <laugh>