Topic locked

Revolving Cues 2022-2023

Postby Iranu

Welcome to the second annual Revolving Cues competition!

This is a season-long competition where YOU decide how much input you want to give it!

The Rules:
- Choose two players to win the next tournament. A finalist will gain you 1 point. A winner will gain you 3 points.

- You can change either or both of these two players up to once per each upcoming tournament finals (qualifiers not included)*. This can be done any time up to the start of the tournament. Your team will be fixed once the tournament begins.

- You are under NO OBLIGATION to swap either player at any time. If you so wish, you can keep the same duo for the entire season.

- OPTIONAL: Prior to the start of the European Masters you can select a Wildcard third player**. This player must be outside the top 16 as of the start of the European Masters and cannot be swapped. If your wildcard wins a tournament, you gain 10 points instead of 3. If your wildcard doesn’t win any tournaments during the season you will lose 2 points at the end of the season.

- All tournaments, ranking and non-ranking, excluding those listed below, are eligible.

*Player Withdrawals: if a player withdraws from a tournament for health, injury or personal reasons, you may swap that player for another, even if you have already swapped both players for the next tournament. If any withdrawal reasons are unclear it will be down to my discretion whether I allow an extra swap. If a player withdraws from a tournament because he reached the last final and is tired, an extra swap will NOT be permitted.

**You can join Revolving Cues at any point throughout the season. However, if you join after the start of the European Masters you will not be able to select a Wildcard due to changes in the rankings, knowledge of form etc.

Scoring:
- Finalist = 1 point per tournament
- Winner = 3 points per tournament
- Wildcard wins a tournament = 10 points per tournament
- Wildcard wins no tournaments = -2 points at end of season (reduced from -3 last season)

Excluded Tournaments:
- Championship League (all iterations)
- Snooker Shoot Out and any additional single-frame tournaments that may arise
- WST Pro Series and any additional potential league format tournaments
- World Mixed Doubles

The first eligible tournament will be the European Masters starting on the 16th August. You can select your first duo and wildcard (if you decide to have one) at any time between now and then.

As there are held-over qualifying matches, the European Masters teams must be selected prior to Round 2 which starts on Thursday 18th August. However if you choose a wildcard this must be chosen before the start of the tournament.

This season there will also be tiebreakers for the winner of the competition if need be, come the end of the season. I will confirm these at a later date but they will involve things like most tournament winners, most unique winners etc.

Re: Revolving Cues 2022-2023

Postby Iranu

Just posting these separately to make sure people don’t miss it:

If you’re choosing a wildcard it must be chosen before the start of the European Masters.

The team itself for that tournament can be chosen any time before the start of Round 2.

Also:
This season, if you are making any swaps, please confirm BOTH names for the next tournament, even if you are only making one swap. This just makes things easier and helps avoid potential confusion.

Postby Iranu

Feel free to register your participation now even if you’re not ready to select a team yet.

Can a mod please move this to Predictions?

Postby chengdufan

Luca Brecel and Zhao Xintong

Wildcard: Hossein Vafaei

Postby Iranu

6 days to get your wildcard confirmed if you’re having one.

8 days to get your team confirmed for the European Masters.

Postby Iranu

As it’s the first tournament and technically no swaps have been made, yes I’ll allow contestants to swap Ronnie.

Please confirm both players though when you’ve done that!

Postby Iranu

In fact it seems he’s pulled out for medical reasons so that’s fine anyway.

Postby Prop

Neil Robertson and John Higgins please. No wildcard.

Postby SnookerEd25

Hossein Vafaei and Jack Lisowski please,

Michael White will be my wildcard

Postby Prop

I’ve just realised neither Robertson or Higgins are playing in the European Masters. There’s a word for that.

Selby and Judd please.

Postby Iranu

There were no scorers in the European Masters.

The next eligible tournament will be the British Open starting 26th September.

Team selection deadline to be confirmed.

Postby Juddernaut88

I'll wait a week before the British Open starts to make my selections. I want to see if either Ronnie or Robbo will be playing.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:There were no scorers in the European Masters.

This is the sort of scoring that matters <ok>

Postby csprince

Prop wrote:I’ve just realised neither Robertson or Higgins are playing in the European Masters. There’s a word for that.

Selby and Judd please.

absent.