Post a reply

Re: Revolving Cues 2023-2024

Postby SnookerEd25

Actually, just studied the draw and - barring withdrawals- it is hard to see past the two of ‘em

So - Judd Trump & Ronnie O’Sullivan for me too please, Irananu <ok>

Postby Prop

Ali Carter and Ronnie O’Sullivan please, ‘wanu.

Postby Iranu

Scores after the Players Championship

1st
Mantorok = 21 points

=2nd
Chengdufan, SnookerEd = 18 points

4th
Snookerfan = 15 points

=5th
Juddernaut88, Lezpuzz = 14 points

7th
Prop = 13 points

8th
Iranu = 11 points

9th
Holden Chinaski = 10 points

=10th
Gninnur Karona, Pink Ball = 8 points

12th
Womble = 6 points

13th
McManusfan, Dan-Cat = 1 point

Most changes for this tournament focused unsurprisingly on Judd Trump and Ronnie O’Sullivan. More surprising is that neither player was able to deliver.

Only four scorers this week then:

Dan-Cat inadvertently highlights McManusfan’s poor performance by joining him on 1 point almost immediately after joining the competition.

Three selections of Mark Allen means that Womble remains one place above the bottom but doubles his tally, Iranu moves into 8th and Snookerfan joins the top 4, only 6 points behind 1st place Mantorok.

The Riyadh World Masters is not eligible for this tournament so the next teams will be for the World Open in March. Deadline TBC.

Postby McManusFan

At first I thought I'd gone up a join Dan, but then I read the blurb... :emb:

My strategy of sticking and never twisting is not working out very well.

Postby Iranu

Deadline for World Open teams is 1.30am UK time on Monday 18th March.

Postby SnookerEd25

Hi Iranu.

Nice shave <ok>

I would like to submit Ronnie O'Sullivan and John Higgins as my picks for Revolving Cues please.

Yeah, I said it - JOHN HOGGINS. Now how ya gon act? :irk:

Postby Iranu

Scores after the World Open

1st
Mantorok = 24 points

2nd
Chengdufan = 21 points

=3rd
SnookerEd, Snookerfan = 18 points

=5th
Juddernaut88, Lezpuzz = 17 points

7th
Prop = 13 points

=8th
Iranu, Gninnur Karona = 12 points

10th
Holden Chinaski = 10 points

11th
Pink Ball = 9 points

12th
Womble = 6 points

13th

Judd Trump continues to reap rewards this season. Sic players chose him for the World Open. Gninnur Karona has the extra distinction of also having Ding Junhui. Despite this maximum point haul he only climbs to 10th as so many above him scored highly too.

Mantorok maintains a three point gap over Chengdufan who is now alone in 2nd. Snookerfan joins SnookerEd in 3rd place.

Deadline for Tour Championship submissions is Monday 1st April at 1pm UK time.

Postby Iranu

Scores after the Tour Championship

1st
Mantorok = 25 points

2nd
Chengdufan = 22 points

=3rd
SnookerEd, Snookerfan, Juddernaut88, Lezpuzz = 18 points

=7th
Prop, Holden Chinaski = 13 points

=9th
Iranu, Gninnur Karona = 12 points

11th
Pink Ball = 9 points

12th
Womble = 6 points

13th

Mantorok maintains his three point advantage over Chengdufan with both players gaining a point for Ronnie O’Sullivan’s runner-up appearance.

Other beneficiaries of Ronnie are Juddernaut and Lezpuzz who join Snookers Fan and Ed on 18 points in 3rd place.

The gap from there to the chasing pack is now five points with the only other scorer being Holden Chinaski, who joins Prop on 13 points thanks to being the only player with Mark Williams in his team.

The season finale is fast approaching. Only Mantorok, Chengdufan, Prop or Snookerfan can win now, with Snookerfan needing Si Jiahui to go two better than last year to win 10 wildcard points.

Prop can steal victory if Joe O’Connor wins the World Championship, depending on who he selects in his team.

Neither Mantorok nor Chengdufan have picked a wildcard so Mantorok is very much in the driving seat. Chengdufan will have to correctly pick both runner-up and World Champion and hope that Mantorok picks neither in order to steal first at the last.

Deadline for Tour Championship submissions is 10am UK time on Saturday 20th April.

Postby Iranu

Obviously I mean the World Championship teams. Don’t @ me.