Post a reply

Re: THE 2016 MASTERS PREDICTION CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Skullman

I'll give benefit of the doubt and assume he was worried about his predict not going through so sent it to a bunch of people.

Anyway, I will post all the predictions I have received at the deadline and if there's any funny business we can sort it then.

Postby PLtheRef

Clara8633 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:Clara's new prediction shouldn't have been allowed to stand. 6-3 doesn't change anything but 6-2 certainly does (Clara just so happens to go in front if it finishes 6-2) and its a change which she wouldn't have asked for had she still been in front

I fully understand that. I hesitated before doing it but thought it would be ok as long as I didn't break any rules. Also, if I send a prediction after the person in front has sent theirs, wouldn't it be the same thing?

If its an original and genuine prediction and people won't have a problem with - plus there's less of an advantage when chasing as you haven't got a lead which you can try and nurse. - The problem lies in the fact that the prediction was changed only because you had slipped to second (and in all likelihood, wouldn't have asked for a change had the table yesterday afternoon not been issued) - what would you have done had Andre also asked for a change to 6-2? Tried 6-4?

The idea of predictions being sent by PM at the end of the contest is to ensure that the predictions contest is decided by predictions which is as it should always be. It isn't right for a prediction to be changed to gain an advantage. - Every credit to you for being sporting and raising that you thought your score should be less than it is (it was a bit of a relief for me when it went 5-3 as I had this sods law that Ronnie will win 6-2 moment when Stuart won the seventh) as well as Cloud making a point of sending his prediction to Skullman straightaway

I wonder whether in future contests it is best that unless someone has missed a match out in predicting a template - then no changes are allowed at any stage - likewise if the TD is amongst those with a chance of winning the contest the PM predictions for the final are sent to someone neutral.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Skullman wrote:I have also received a prediction from Eraserhead.

Let's hope they aren't two different predictions.

Could do without anymore controversy. :emb:

For all your faults and god the list is endless you do run a fantastic prediction contests :spot on: <ok>

Postby Clara8633

PLtheRef wrote:If its an original and genuine prediction and people won't have a problem with - plus there's less of an advantage when chasing as you haven't got a lead which you can try and nurse. - The problem lies in the fact that the prediction was changed only because you had slipped to second (and in all likelihood, wouldn't have asked for a change had the table yesterday afternoon not been issued) - what would you have done had Andre also asked for a change to 6-2? Tried 6-4?

The idea of predictions being sent by PM at the end of the contest is to ensure that the predictions contest is decided by predictions which is as it should always be. It isn't right for a prediction to be changed to gain an advantage. - Every credit to you for being sporting and raising that you thought your score should be less than it is (it was a bit of a relief for me when it went 5-3 as I had this sods law that Ronnie will win 6-2 moment when Stuart won the seventh) as well as Cloud making a point of sending his prediction to Skullman straightaway

I was also relieved when it ended up being 6-3, otherwise there would have been more controversy. If Andre really had also changed his to 6-2, I wouldn't choose 6-4 because to me it was always going to end 6-2 or 6-3 (due to Bingham struggling).

If someone sends an original but not genuine Final prediction because it is the only logical way to win the contest (in the case that they are too many points behind), I suppose that's allowed?

Postby Smart

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

For all your faults and god the list is endless you do run a fantastic prediction contests :spot on: <ok>

:lol:

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Thanks. :-)

Postby Wildey

THE FINAL - BEST OF 19 FRAMES - DEADLINE 1PM SUNDAY 17TH JANUARY
10-8 BARRY HAWKINS B v RONNIE O'SULLIVAN B

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:THE FINAL - BEST OF 19 FRAMES - DEADLINE 1PM SUNDAY 17TH JANUARY
8-10 BARRY HAWKINS B v RONNIE O'SULLIVAN B

Hope I'm not too late. :emb:

Match hasn't started so it's fine.

Postby Wildey

i make it if Barry Wins 10-8 then i win the contest

very unlikely but im still in it to win it.

Postby Cloud Strife

So here is how all the contenders predicted:

SUNDAYGIRL: RONNIE 10-8
SNOOKERFAN: RONNIE 10-8
CLOUD STRIFE: RONNIE 10-6
ANDRE147: RONNIE 10-6
JMAL1: RONNIE 10-6
CLARA8633: RONNIE 10-7
SMART: RONNIE 10-7
WILDEY: HAWKINS 10-8
ERASERHEAD: RONNIE 10-7

So straightaway that rules out CLOUD STRIFE, SMART, SUNDAYGIRL, SNOOKERFAN, JMAL1 and ERASERHEAD as they have predicted the same as ANDRE147.

ANDRE147 will win the contest if Ronnie wins by any scoreline other than 10-7 or Hawkins wins by any score other than 10-8.

CLARA8633 will win the contest if Ronnie wins 10-7.

WILDEY will win the contest if Hawkins win 10-8.

Also all of the contenders predicted Ronnie to go the furthest from seeding group B so that won't make any difference to the outcome.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Fair to say I'be won this contest? :john:

Surely Barry won't win 6 more frames.

Yeah, you can start celebrating. <ok>

No one can deny what a comeback I did in this contest :-D

At one point I was just predicting for pride rather than thinking I could win it, as I was so far behind.

I got both semis absolutely spot on. :spot on:

Postby PLtheRef

Clara8633 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:If its an original and genuine prediction and people won't have a problem with - plus there's less of an advantage when chasing as you haven't got a lead which you can try and nurse. - The problem lies in the fact that the prediction was changed only because you had slipped to second (and in all likelihood, wouldn't have asked for a change had the table yesterday afternoon not been issued) - what would you have done had Andre also asked for a change to 6-2? Tried 6-4?

I was also relieved when it ended up being 6-3, otherwise there would have been more controversy. If Andre really had also changed his to 6-2, I wouldn't choose 6-4 because to me it was always going to end 6-2 or 6-3 (due to Bingham struggling).

If someone sends an original but not genuine Final prediction because it is the only logical way to win the contest (in the case that they are too many points behind), I suppose that's allowed?

Genuine might have been the wrong word to use. You're right if an original prediction is made to try and claw back a deficit then that's fine. - The safeguard is there when predictions are PM'd to the TD. The only problem is when the prediction is changed.

Postby Skullman

Well done Andre, I will get around to updating Roll of Honour after a few tournaments.

Good contest Cloud, despite a few issues near the end. Will see if I made it to the bottom of the table.