Post a reply

Prediction Contest Chit Chat

Postby Andre147

One question...

On the new high break prediction... do we lose points if the players we nomitated doesnt make the highest break and somebody else does it?

Similar to the failed 147 maker?

Re: 2018 WORLD SNOOKER CHAMPIONSHIP - PREDICTION CONTEST

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:One question...

On the new high break prediction... do we lose points if the players we nomitated doesnt make the highest break and somebody else does it?

Similar to the failed 147 maker?

No, you just get the points if they make the high break, and its 1 point for each point or century out, so if you're six or more points out on the high break or number of centuries then you get nothing

Postby PLtheRef

The templates will go up around 5pm ish tomorrow evening once I'm in from work. Once the draw's been made feel free to make your predictions. - Each of the 31 Matches will have their own deadline this year, with the Deadlines for Winners, Maximum, Hi Breaks and Centuries 10am on Saturday

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:I though this forum was founded in 2009. How can there be a 2008 Champion?

The original prediction contests started back on 606 with the 2007 UK Championships. After that a forum called Break-off was set up where the 2009 contest was held. SI was set up in December 2009 so the contest in 2010 was the first here.

Postby SnookerFan

PLtheRef wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I though this forum was founded in 2009. How can there be a 2008 Champion?

The original prediction contests started back on 606 with the 2007 UK Championships. After that a forum called Break-off was set up where the 2009 contest was held. SI was set up in December 2009 so the contest in 2010 was the first here.

Yes, I was on break-off.

I didn't realise we were using Prediction Contests from before this forum started. :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:10-4 Mark Selby v. Joe Perry
10-6 Mark Allen v. Liam Highfield
8-20 Kyren Wilson v. Matthew Stevens
10-2 Shaun Murphy v. Jamie Jones
10-8 John Higgins v. Thepchaiya Un Nooh
10-5 Stuart Bingham v. Jack Lisowski
6-10 Luca Brecel v. Ricky Walden
10-4 Judd Trump v. Chris Wakelin
10-6 Ding Junhui v. Xiao Guodong
6-10 Anthony McGill v. Ryan Day
4-10 Marco Fu v. Lyu Haotian
10-3 Barry Hawkins v. Stuart Carrington
10-2 Mark Williams v Jimmy Robertson
10-6 Neil Robertson v. Robert Milkins
10-8 Ali Carter v. Graeme Dott
10-4 Ronnie O'Sullivan v. Stephen Maguire

Winners
Mark Selby
Ronnie O'Sullivan

High Break
147 Mark Selby

Total Hundreds

:chin:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I am sure Pinkball wouldn't parakeet - and he seems to have declared quite transparently in the above post that he thinks that your assumption of foul play is erroneous. I hope this competition can be played with a nicer spirit than that with which it has started.

Play up chaps.

Postby Dan-cat

PLtheRef wrote:

Snooker Island is the Crucible of prediction competition venues

Postby Chalk McHugh

Chalk McHugh wrote:10-7 Mark Selby v Joe Perry
10-6 Mark Allen v Liam Highfield
8-10 Kyren Wilson v Matthew Stevens
10-7 Shaun Murphy v Jamie Jones
10-6 John Higgins v Thep' Un Nooh
10-7 Stuart Bingham v Jack Lisowski
8-10 Luca Brecel v Ricky Walden
10-4 Judd Trump v Chris Wakelin
10-7 Ding Junhui v Xiao Guodong
10-8 Anthony McGill v Ryan Day
8-10 Marco Fu v Lyu Haotian
10-7 Barry Hawkins v Stu Carrington
10-5 Mark Williams v Jimmy Robertson
10-5 Neil Robertson v Rob Milkins
8-10 Ally Carter v Graham Dott
10-8 Ronnie v Stephen Maguire

Winners
Judd Trump
Mark Selby

Highest Break
145 Judd Trump

Total Hundreds

Postby Andre147

kolompar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Pinkball edited his post.

Sir, Sir. Pinkball edited his post.

Shame Pink Ball will have to be disqualified before it's even started.

Sory but we cant edit posts in prediction contests. Only mods can, and last time I checked Pink Ball isn't a mod. So he definately didnt edit his own post.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am sure Pinkball wouldn't parakeet - and he seems to have declared quite transparently in the above post that he thinks that your assumption of foul play is erroneous. I hope this competition can be played with a nicer spirit than that with which it has started.

Play up chaps.

<ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
kolompar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Pinkball edited his post.

Sir, Sir. Pinkball edited his post.

Shame Pink Ball will have to be disqualified before it's even started.

Sory but we cant edit posts in prediction contests. Only mods can, and last time I checked Pink Ball isn't a mod. So he definately didnt edit his own post.

Just to clarify...

This thread was originally in another part of the forum, so it was possible for people to edit their posts.

It only recently got moved to the prediction section.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I am sure Pinkball wouldn't parakeet - and he seems to have declared quite transparently in the above post that he thinks that your assumption of foul play is erroneous. I hope this competition can be played with a nicer spirit than that with which it has started.

Play up chaps.

I was joking about. Pretty sure Pinkball was too.