Post a reply

Re: 2019 ManBetX Champion of Champions Prediction Contest!

Postby Wildey

Looking at it because i went for Robbo to win the Group and PL went for Murphy ive got a better chance to win tonight if Robbo wins even though i went for Trump to win the Match.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Looking at it because i went for Robbo to win the Group and PL went for Murphy ive got a better chance to win tonight if Robbo wins even though i went for Trump to win the Match.

Yes the format allows you to make your own tactics. The smarter one will likely win it.

Postby PLtheRef

Wildey wrote:Looking at it because i went for Robbo to win the Group and PL went for Murphy ive got a better chance to win tonight if Robbo wins even though i went for Trump to win the Match.

Fair to say that's rather clever. Normally if someone predicted the same as the person below them then it would normally remove them from contention, but obviously in this case it is different as if Trump loses I know I'm out of it

Postby Andre147

FINAL TABLE

1 Iranu 58 11-3 4 Bonus Points Neil Robertson Title Winner :win: :win: :win:
2 Holden Chinaski 55 12-4
3 Wildey 55 11-4 4 Bonus Points Neil Robertson Title Winner
4 PLTheRef 53 12-4
5 CK147 52 12-2 4 Bonus Points Neil Robertson Title Winner
6 Carayip 50 10-3 4 Bonus Points Neil Robertson Title Winner
7 HappyCamper 43 10-2 4 Bonus Points Neil Robertson Title Winner
8 Andre147 41 11-1 4 Bonus Points Neil Robertson Title Winner
9 Eraserhead 36 10-2
10 McManusFan 32 10-1
11 Pink Ball 16 5-0
12 Ash147 16 2-1 4 Bonus Points Neil Robertson Title Winner

Bonus points have been added for those who picked Neil Robertson as Group 4 winner, and therefore title winner. First number is total score, the numbers in red are correct winners and correct scores.

Many Congratulations to Iranu who has won the 2019 ManBetX Champion of Champions Prediction Contest! :hatoff: It was very tight all the way through, and with both Iranu and Holden going for a perfect scoreline of 10-9 Robertson win, the 4 bonus points made all the difference. If Holden had picked Robertson as Group 4 winner he would have won the contest by a single point, so in the end the bonus points decided who came first.

Many thanks to all of those who entered the contest.

Postby PLtheRef

Now that's the way a prediction contest should finish, still uncertain right down to the very final frame of the tournament.

I thought I'd got it when Robertson needed a snooker in frame 18 - fair play to Robertson for turning it around and then a great break in the decider.

Congrats Iranu and thanks to Andre for a well run contest.