Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 128 !!!

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Gary Wilson
Elliot Slessor
Daniel Wells
and
David Lilley

has had to withdraw

A real shame but it was bound to happen eventually.

Better here than during something like the UK or Masters (not to say it won’t happen there too). And from a selfish point of view, at least none of them are players I care about <laugh>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Michael White also not playing Selby and Ronnie gets buys today both were main TV Matches

rofl

What matches get on instead?

Or have Eurosport managed to procure the rights to show the Hairy Bikers all day?

Maguire v Chang now, dont know about the evening match.

Postby HappyCamper

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Michael White also not playing Selby and Ronnie gets buys today both were main TV Matches

rofl

Or have Eurosport managed to procure the rights to show the Hairy Bikers all day?

murphy v liang wenbo later on i think.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

murphy v liang wenbo later on i think.

Is that on instead of Ronnie or Selby?

Either way, it's a better match.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:

rofl

Ronnie and Selby should just play an exhibition match against each other, with both players moving on to the next round regardless of the outcome.

Postby Iranu

I notice the refs aren’t wearing masks this week.

Did WST really think masks for the refs were an acceptable substitute for testing?

Postby chengdufan

Chang Bingyu cleared the table with a lovely century just now.
The ref then gave him a warning. Couldn't hear what it was for. Perhaps him not social distancing?

Postby Iranu

chengdufan wrote:Chang Bingyu cleared the table with a lovely century just now.
The ref then gave him a warning. Couldn't hear what it was for. Perhaps him not social distancing?

According to Phil Studd, yeah. Advising him to stand further away from the ref when at the table.

But surely that’s the ref’s job?? The player has to go where he needs to go to inspect the table and play the shot, surely it’s up to the ref to ensure he doesn’t get too close?

I wonder if WST have told refs to be stricter on it following the positive tests.

Postby SnookerEd25

Iranu wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Chang Bingyu cleared the table with a lovely century just now.

According to Phil Studd, yeah. Advising him to stand further away from the ref when at the table.

But surely that’s the ref’s job?? The player has to go where he needs to go to inspect the table and play the shot, surely it’s up to the ref to ensure he doesn’t get too close?

I wonder if WST have told refs to be stricter on it following the positive tests.

Works both ways; the refs need to be at the table to spot and clean balls, and replace after a miss. In these cases, the onus is on the player to move, i'd have thought - but the rest of the time the ref should work around the player, definitely

Postby motorhead

Iranu wrote:McLeod’s AST apparently 34 seconds.

Good to have him back, eh?

Has definitely sped up his game, would say his AST was in the 3 digits back in the days.

Postby Iranu

Murphy seems to have put on quite a bit of weight. Understandable of course in current circumstances and his achilles issue; I wonder how stuff like weight gain/loss affects your cueing, particularly if it’s happened over a relatively short period.

I seem to remember Hendry saying he couldn’t cue in exactly the same way as he used to because he’s bigger now. Might have been on the SS podcast.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Murphy seems to have put on quite a bit of weight. Understandable of course in current circumstances and his achilles issue; I wonder how stuff like weight gain/loss affects your cueing, particularly if it’s happened over a relatively short period.

I seem to remember Hendry saying he couldn’t cue in exactly the same way as he used to because he’s bigger now. Might have been on the SS podcast.

I reckon being fat helps him stay more motionless down on a shot.

Postby D4P

Iranu wrote:Understandable of course in current circumstances

Yeah, completely understandable if Smurph is blue these days.
Last edited by D4P on 22 Sep 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Prop

Iranu wrote:Murphy seems to have put on quite a bit of weight. Understandable of course in current circumstances and his achilles issue; I wonder how stuff like weight gain/loss affects your cueing, particularly if it’s happened over a relatively short period.

I play better when I’ve been lazy in the gym and lost some muscle around my chest and shoulders. Unfortunately I’ve been lazy for so long I’m now accumulating a different kind of bulk, and naturally, playing terribly.

Postby Alex0paul

Murphy seems to have had a purple patch for 3 months last year but aside from that he’s been dreadful for some time now

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
D4P wrote:
Iranu wrote:Anybody watching?

Everyone lost interest once Ronnie's match was cancelled.

Didn't know that. Why was Ronnie's match cancelled ? :?

Daniel Wells had to withdraw because he tested positive for COVID, so Ronnie gets a bye into the second round. They were sue to play this evening.

Postby Iranu

Liang breaks down on 60 and Murphy clears with 64 to force the decider.

Been a good match, this. It should have been the TV match even before the withdrawals, and I hate Murphy. It would make a good QF/SF match.