Post a reply

Re: Why I <3 The Masters

Postby mick745

If the defending champion at the masters is not in the top 16 do they still get to play as no. 1 seed?

Postby lhpirnie

mick745 wrote:If the defending champion at the masters is not in the top 16 do they still get to play as no. 1 seed?

Yes. And if I remember, Shaun Murphy was outside the top-16 even after winning the World Championship, and got seeded 2. He beat Ken Doherty in the last-16, denying a player who had rightfully qualified a chance to put food on the table.

Postby HappyCamper

Think you need to define I before you can definitively say it is less than 3 times the Masters.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:Think you need to define I before you can definitively say it is less than 3 times the Masters.

What?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Think you need to define I before you can definitively say it is less than 3 times the Masters.

What?

Thread title is "Why I <3 The Masters"
In other words why I is strictly less than 3 times The Masters.
In order to prove the value of I is necessarily less then three times the value of the Masters one would need to define I.
What is hard to understand?

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

What?

Thread title is "Why I <3 The Masters"
In other words why I is strictly less than 3 times The Masters.
In order to prove the value of I is necessarily less then three times the value of the Masters one would need to define I.
What is hard to understand?

<laugh>

Postby mack501

Just think of 19-year-old Ding Junhui's cringeworthy meltdown as racist gentlemen memorably exposed his frailties. Ding just couldn't cut it in the Masters cake tin.

Did better than you could do idiot.

Postby SnookerEd25

lhpirnie wrote:
mick745 wrote:If the defending champion at the masters is not in the top 16 do they still get to play as no. 1 seed?

Yes. And if I remember, Shaun Murphy was outside the top-16 even after winning the World Championship, and got seeded 2. He beat Ken Doherty in the last-16, denying a player who had rightfully qualified a chance to put food on the table.

That player being Ian McCulloch, I do believe.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

That player being Ian McCulloch, I do believe.

Yeah.

Though, I believe McCulloch got a wild card for The Masters as they still did that in those days.