Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is there anybody less sexy than Sexy Fergal?

Other than me obviously.

Michaela Tabb

Your attention seeking nonsense will be ignored.

Clearly not.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:Nobody watching on a Sunday?

Nobody. I can't see any spectators at all!

Perhaps they saw your eariler comment and decided to give this match a miss. Perhaps the other group is more interesting today, although it's easily the weakest of all the groups.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:I'll watch some, primarily to support Lyu Haotian (for reasons I've probably explained before). But he's had so many issues I don't expect much - 2nd place would be a bonus.

Explain it again.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:I'll watch some, primarily to support Lyu Haotian (for reasons I've probably explained before). But he's had so many issues I don't expect much - 2nd place would be a bonus.

Explain it again.

I don't know if you were following snooker in 2013, Lyu's first season. But he was put up in a house with some players from Thailand, and something terrible happened... He was just 15. It nearly cost him his life, and probably ruined his chances of becoming a top player. So I'll support him, just because of the appalling way he was treated.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Explain it again.

I don't know if you were following snooker in 2013, Lyu's first season. But he was put up in a house with some players from Thailand, and something terrible happened... He was just 15. It nearly cost him his life, and probably ruined his chances of becoming a top player. So I'll support him, just because of the appalling way he was treated.

I was, and I don't remember that.

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:I was, and I don't remember that.

There was a fire, evidently the Thai mafia. Anyway, Lyu refuses to talk about it so I guess that's why most people aren't aware. It cost him 3 years and it's only thanks to heroic efforts by Pang Weiguo and Victoria Shi that he's back playing. Everyone else washed their hands.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:

There was a fire, evidently the Thai mafia. Anyway, Lyu refuses to talk about it so I guess that's why most people aren't aware. It cost him 3 years and it's only thanks to heroic efforts by Pang Weiguo and Victoria Shi that he's back playing. Everyone else washed their hands.

Oh rubbish.

Postby Iranu

lhpirnie wrote:

Why did it cost him three years, because of the trauma you mean?

If it was started by the Thai mafia it’s no surprise he refuses to talk about it; probably fears retaliation if he does.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

Why did it cost him three years, because of the trauma you mean?

If it was started by the Thai mafia it’s no surprise he refuses to talk about it; probably fears retaliation if he does.

We're risking his life just talking about it.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Not sure I've ever watched Brandon Sargent before.

#parttimefan #bbccommentatork

I’ve watched him a couple of times but back then he was Brandon Constable.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

#parttimefan #bbccommentatork

I’ve watched him a couple of times but back then he was Brandon Constable.

rofl rofl

Postby HappyCamper

#parttimefan #bbccommentator

not that surprising. he mostly lost in the first round/qualifying in his first year on tour.

Postby SnookerFan

Both players have plenty of potential, but seem to be struggling on the big stage.

If you can call The Championship League the big stage.

The commentators are saying that the table has been playing poorly all tournament, isnthis true?