Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:"As Billy Castle leaves the arena that gives us a chance to tell you more about him. He's from Hampshire, aged 28."

Thanks for that.

rofl

More information than you'd get off the BBC, to be fair.

Postby Wildey

A tweet from world Snooker

The draw for the English Open is out and there are some cracking first round ties:

O'Sullivan v Ochoiski
Trump v Heathcote
Higgins v Cahill

Define a cracking match

cant see any of them close matches and there are much better matches in the 1st round

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:A tweet from world Snooker

The draw for the English Open is out and there are some cracking first round ties:

O'Sullivan v Ochoiski
Trump v Heathcote
Higgins v Cahill

Define a cracking match

cant see any of them close matches and there are much better matches in the 1st round

That's just Ronnie bias, isn't it? I don't even know who Ochoiski is. rofl But Ronnie could be playing a corpse, and everybody would act like it was the must-see match of the first round. :roll:

The Trump match ain't all that either. But we all know him and Ronnie will be the ones who get on TV.

I can see what they were thinking with Higgins vs Cahill, though Higgins isn't the force he was a few years ago. Big Name vs Known Giant Killer. Even if Higgins is a bit past it, by his standards, of the three that's the one I can see what they meant the most.

Though, let's be honest, it's not often that a best of seven ends up being a cracker. The only one I can think of is that Ronnie vs Trump PTC final. And even that was a cracker despite it being a best of seven, not because of.

Postby Iranu

O'Sullivan v Ochoiski
Trump v Heathcote
Higgins v Cahill

Define a cracking match

Higgins-Cahill could be close. Both have been rubbish for about a year.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

O'Sullivan v Ochoiski
Trump v Heathcote
Higgins v Cahill

Define a cracking match

rofl rofl

To be fair, Wild always says he doesn't care about standard, as long as a match is close.

Postby GeF

O'Sullivan v Ochoiski
Trump v Heathcote
Higgins v Cahill

Define a cracking match

This season, Ronnie was just able to win against "bye".

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

O'Sullivan v Ochoiski
Trump v Heathcote
Higgins v Cahill

Define a cracking match

rofl rofl

To be fair, Wild always says he doesn't care about standard, as long as a match is close.

yea but if both are rubbish Higgins will out rubbish cahill and win.

Postby Wildey

HappyCamper wrote:luo honghao played well today. to win both his matches. very good chance to qualify now.

he only needs a draw with Allen but realistically can you see Allen not beating Castle and Honghao

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:luo honghao played well today. to win both his matches. very good chance to qualify now.

he only needs a draw with Allen but realistically can you see Allen not beating Castle and Honghao

Considering how bad Robbo was yesterday I can see Allen losing to anyone.

Postby HappyCamper

Wildey wrote:

of course? allen has already not beaten jamie wilson today, a significantly worse player than both luo honghao and castle.

it's very much in the balance. allen still has a good chance too, he'll be favourite for both of his matches. but he needs to win six frames. luo honghao only needs two, or for allen to slip up against castle.

Postby SnookerEd25

D4P wrote:Billy Joe Castle hasn't been able to build on his incredible victory over Ronnie at the Shootout last season. He has only won 1 out of 7 matches since then...

True.

But he is 28, & from Hampshire; that much we do know.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Put a bit on, but probably won't stick with it.

I don't really like The Championship League.

Thing is if you just look at it as individual frames of snooker it doesn’t really matter what the format is.

This group’s actually quite interesting because Allen’s under pressure to stop himself being knocked out of the tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

Thing is if you just look at it as individual frames of snooker it doesn’t really matter what the format is.

This group’s actually quite interesting because Allen’s under pressure to stop himself being knocked out of the tournament.

:zzz:

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Oh bucking turn it off then :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Oh bucking turn it off then :grrr:

:zzz: :wave:

Postby Iranu

SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Come on Luo.

Thought you’d turned it off?

I’m getting mixed signals from SnookerFan :hmmm:

I meant the forum.

#sickofhisshit