Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage one !!

Postby chengdufan

SnookerFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Does anyone have a question for Ding's dad? I can post one if you like and see what he says

What does he think is more tedious, discussion about the missed blacks of 1985 or the missed pink of 2014?

Yeah, I'm not going to ask that

Postby D4P

chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
chengdufan wrote:Does anyone have a question for Ding's dad? I can post one if you like and see what he says

What does he think is more tedious, discussion about the missed blacks of 1985 or the missed pink of 2014?

How about asking him if he's proud to be the father of the 2020 World Snooker Champion?

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How about asking him if he's proud to be the father of the 2020 World Snooker Champion?

rofl

Postby chengdufan

So I decided to ask what he thinks of the ref for this game, Marcel Eckhardt.
He said he's an international level ref, so of course he's good, but there's sometimes a bit of a language gap between him and Ding Junhui.

Postby chengdufan

D4P wrote:Does he think the Shootout should be a ranking event?

I would have asked this. He's gone to bed though now the Bingham match has finished.
I've moved over to Zhang Anda. Will ask him

Postby chengdufan

chengdufan wrote:
D4P wrote:Does he think the Shootout should be a ranking event?

I would have asked this. He's gone to bed though now the Bingham match has finished.
I've moved over to Zhang Anda. Will ask him

He said no.
And Zhao Xintong gave the question a like rofl

Postby chengdufan

Someone asked why the players are not wearing masks and another viewer gave an interesting answer. They suggested maybe it's because the players don't need to talk while the refs do. Any truth in that being a reason?

Postby SnookerEd25

Interesting theory, but they have to nominate balls, frequently ask for the cue ball to be cleaned, talk when advising refs in replacing after a miss so i don’t think that’s it. It would hinder a players curing though, I assumed that was the (unofficial) reason

Postby HappyCamper

chengdufan wrote:Someone asked why the players are not wearing masks and another viewer gave an interesting answer. They suggested maybe it's because the players don't need to talk while the refs do. Any truth in that being a reason?

the players still need to breathe probably. so methinks bullocks.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerEd25 wrote:Interesting theory, but they have to nominate balls, frequently ask for the cue ball to be cleaned, talk when advising refs in replacing after a miss so i don’t think that’s it. It would hinder a players curing though, I assumed that was the (unofficial) reason

EDIT : Cueing not curing!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Something boring about Bingham needing just one frame, isn't there?

Iranu post edited.

Can we ban him?

By that logic, putting bits of quotes in bold is quote editing and we should all have been banned.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Something boring about Bingham needing just one frame, isn't there?

Iranu post edited.

Can we ban him?

By that logic, putting bits of quotes in bold is quote editing and we should all have been banned.

No, just you.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:Thw fact that this is a ranking event is a bit stupid.

I suspect they made that decision in part because they worry/know that other ranking events that are normally in the schedule probably won't be this season...

Postby HappyCamper

shanghai masters is an invitational event limited to only 24 participants.

this was open to all 128 (at the time) tour players. so with how the rankings work this gets to be a ranking event. it's really not that remarkable.