Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:Personally after the Worlds I don’t care if Ronnie loses every match this season :D

Cant disagree. That WC win was just too good. We always said its all about the World Championship and hes done it.

Still hope he wins 1-2 tournaments this season but hopefully it will be UK/Masters level tournaments and not some tin pot events like this.

Or big money event from China, which seems very unlikely given the current state of things.

Postby Wildey

Not seen Ronnie play a match like that against a rookie ever i dont think.

He was bang under it and desperate to win normally he goes out all guns blazing even routine mid distance pots he was taking his time on for him.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Wonder if Ronnie will still continue to criticise young players and claim they can't play!

Ronnie said all these players can beat anyone on their day, but they can't do it on a regular basis.

Exactly. lets wait and see what Hill does from now on.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Not seen Ronnie play a match like that against a rookie ever i dont think.

He was bang under it and desperate to win normally he goes out all guns blazing even routine mid distance pots he was taking his time on for him.

I.was surprised he took it that seriously.

I.mean that's what you supposed to do, against a rookie or the WN1, but we know what Ronnie can be like v rookies.

He was just rusty in breakbuilding, plus his opponent got the luck at the right time.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Wonder if Ronnie will still continue to criticise young players and claim they can't play!

Ronnie said all these players can beat anyone on their day, but they can't do it on a regular basis.

He's 18 year old and he has just started, and already the Ronnie fans have found their new Selby.

Postby Andre147

By the way, did you watch his post-match interview?

He said Ronnie's comments at the Worlds about not being enough young talent were on the back of his mind today, and it inspired him.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

He's 18 year old and he has just started, and already the Ronnie fans have found their new Selby.

I didn't see the match, so can't really say anything about it. But I would love to see Hill or any other young player start beating top players on a regular basis. We need new young talent.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

All I say is just wait before you hype sb up and believe he is the next great thing.

Slessor and Cahill know that feeling

Postby HappyCamper

He'll probably tip Hill as a future world champion.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

rofl rofl rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:By the way, did you watch his post-match interview?

He said Ronnie's comments at the Worlds about not being enough young talent were on the back of his mind today, and it inspired him.

Good.

Let's hope it continues to inspire him.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Hard to see how Ronnie will win this match. A nightmare draw for him.

See. This guy's an expert.

He knows what he's talking about.

Are you ... related? :chin:

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:This Hill guy is so lucky, its like he's related to Selby.

yea Ronnie was not lucky at all in the World Championship <doh> <doh>

Overall, Selby has been far more lucky in his career, twice as lucky.

Your very lucky to still be posting on here.

So that makes 2 of you <ok> <ok>

You know you'd miss me if I wasn't around <cool> ;-)

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:This Hill guy is so lucky, its like he's related to Selby.

yea Ronnie was not lucky at all in the World Championship <doh> <doh>

Overall, Selby has been far more lucky in his career, twice as lucky.

What are you basing that on?

All the matches I've seen from both players.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Well said. :hatoff: :spot on: <ok>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Nobody hates the kid, like I said I was quite impressed, I just pointed out he won from a fluke.

Postby mantorok

Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

pmsl

I'm not sensing any Ronnie fans here really giving a rubbish about what his results are now tbh since his win last month.

In fact it was positive, he showed the right attitude in the match.

Postby mantorok

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Nobody hates the kid, like I said I was quite impressed, I just pointed out he won from a fluke.

Hills style of play and approach to the game was fantastic, this is what we need more of, there's been too many cagey players coming through rather than just going all out and showing what they can do.

I was impressed, it was a good match.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

pmsl

I'm not sensing any Ronnie fans here really giving a rubbish about what his results are now tbh since his win last month.

In fact it was positive, he showed the right attitude in the match.

They seem more bothered that he beat Selby than anything.

Postby rekoons

mantorok wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Hills style of play and approach to the game was fantastic, this is what we need more of, there's been too many cagey players coming through rather than just going all out and showing what they can do.

I was impressed, it was a good match.

+ 1

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:He's 18 year old and he has just started, and already the Ronnie fans have found their new Selby.

No Ronnete sees him as the new Selby.
Selby is boring and slow, and he cheats in order to win.
This kid is nothing like that and I hope he never becomes a boring grinder.
I for one am impressed by the way he played. Of course I wanted ROS to win the match and the whole event, and I was a bit frustrated by some of the luck/flukes the kid had, but by no means do I hate him.