Post a reply

Re: BetVictor European Masters Last 32 !!!

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:Ding beats Lyu 5-4 from 4-1 down :hatoff:

cant recall many matches where Ding gets beaten by a compatriot. Ding has that aura around him when he plays them. Understandably.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:

cant recall many matches where Ding gets beaten by a compatriot. Ding has that aura around him when he plays them. Understandably.

What we need is for him to play 5 Chinese players at The Crucible.

Postby HappyCamper

TheRocket wrote:

alternatively, ding is just significantly better than most of his compatriots. and since there are fewer on tour he plays them less often.

his records against fu or liang, say, aren't remarkable,

Postby motorhead

TheRocket wrote:

That slow opening red in the decider!

Postby motorhead

Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Liam Highfield please win this decider.
I'm gutted to be missing all the snooker this morning and afternoon.

wow Bingham won eventually, scoreboard was for ages 55-0 for Liam, thought it was stuck I didn't bother tune in for the end.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

alternatively, ding is just significantly better than most of his compatriots. and since there are fewer on tour he plays them less often.

He’s younger than Fu and the same age as Liang so it makes sense that they wouldn’t be so intimidated by him.

Also Fu’s from Hong Kong not China (I don’t know his views on Hong Kong independence) and was schooled in Canada so who knows if he even considers himself a compatriot of Ding’s.

Postby TheRocket

Dings record against Liang is pretty strong.

Its only 5:4 in all matches but Liangs wins came in 3 PTC matches and 1 Championship League match. Never beat Ding in a match longer longer than bo7.

Ding on the other hand beat him twice at the World Championship (over bo25 and bo19) + UK and International Championship (bo11)

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He’s younger than Fu and the same age as Liang so it makes sense that they wouldn’t be so intimidated by him.

Also Fu’s from Hong Kong not China (I don’t know his views on Hong Kong independence) and was schooled in Canada so who knows if he even considers himself a compatriot of Ding’s.

hong kong is part of china.

but yes, that's the point. snooker players are heterogeneous and their records are determined by a whole bunch more important stuff than nationality. like lyu is one behind woollaston in the raknings. would anyone bat an eye lid if ding beat him 5-4? no because ding is just better than them both.

Postby Iranu

HappyCamper wrote:hong kong is part of china.

but yes, that's the point. snooker players are heterogeneous and their records are determined by a whole bunch more important stuff than nationality. like lyu is one behind woollaston in the raknings. would anyone bat an eye lid if ding beat him 5-4? no because ding is just better than them both.

I know Hong Kong is currently part of China. However, it was under British rule for half of Fu’s life and a decent percentage of Hong Kong citizens support independence. We don’t know how Fu feels about this, he may not consider himself Chinese.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

I know Hong Kong is currently part of China. However, it was under British rule for half of Fu’s life and a decent percentage of Hong Kong citizens support independence. We don’t know how Fu feels about this, he may not consider himself Chinese.

I have a feeling that he doesn't.

Postby HappyCamper

Iranu wrote:

you're not wrong. that's just not really relevant to the current legal situation where hong kong is part of china and hong kong citizens are chinese. we don't really know how patriotic the other chinese players are either.

Postby HappyCamper

yan bingtao completed a routine 5-1 win over duane jones,

changed over to the stevens match. aaron hill in a handy position to go 4-3 up.

Postby TheRocket

From the look of things Bingtao always seems to play very well on the outside tables but struggles on the main table. Without a crowd though that might change this season.

Postby HappyCamper

TheRocket wrote:From the look of things Bingtao always seems to play very well on the outside tables but struggles on the main table. Without a crowd though that might change this season.

yep, it's like watching a different payer.

hill is now 4-3 up. looks like he picked up where he left off against o'sullivan.

Postby Juddernaut88

HappyCamper wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I wonder which game will be on the main televised table tonight.

selby bingham.

Dammn :( Ding vs Allen is a better game. Part of me is hoping Judd Trump may be on the main table but I highly doubt it lol.

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:I wonder which game will be on the main televised table tonight.

selby bingham.

Dammn :( Ding vs Allen is a better game. Part of me is hoping Judd Trump may be on the main table but I highly doubt it lol.

TV Selby v Bingham
Stream Trump v Page

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

selby bingham.

TV Selby v Bingham
Stream Trump v Page

Ah man, Ding Allen definitely the best match!

Postby HappyCamper

will o'connor and devlin be finished in time for them to start the next round. devlin leads 4-3 but o'connor ahead in the eight. a few reds on cushions too.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

selby bingham.

TV Selby v Bingham
Stream Trump v Page

Ah man, Ding Allen definitely the best match!

yea they never learn

im a Selby fan but id put Ding v Allen on TV

Postby Wildey

HappyCamper wrote:will o'connor and devlin be finished in time for them to start the next round. devlin leads 4-3 but o'connor ahead in the eight. a few reds on cushions too.

YOU GOT A STREAM?