Post a reply

BetVictor European Masters Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 21st - Sunday 27th of September at The Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

Mark Selby has put behind him the disapointment of sheffield to reach his 27th World Ranking Final and will play Martin Gould in only his 4th ranking final and first since he won the 2016 German Open.

Judd Trump and Mark Allen was the stand out players of the tournament but neither is in the final.

Will Gould get his season off to a flyer or will Selby once again take the Spoils?

DRAW

Mark Selby v Martin Gould

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Selby leads 9-8
Main Tournaments Selby leads 4-3
Multi Session Matches Selby leads 1-0
Finals Selby leads 1-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor European Masters Final !!!

Postby Wildey

Going in to the World Championship Martin Gould was looking down the Barrell of losing his Pro Status ranked no 60, if he wins this week he will be back in the top 32 at 26.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:I wonder if anyone has ever won a 128-person, 7-round event like this while only winning 5 matches along the way...

Good question, maybe not.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Another surprising head to head record.

Not really.

You have a lot of Championship League in there, and Gould hasn't beaten him in anything over Best of 7.

Postby hendry_fan

Now then!.

Higgins basher Gouldy has made it to the Final!. :shock: his 4th so far.

And Selby has made to yet another Final!. :clap:

Even though Gouldy sent Higgins packing,i still like him.I like him as a person and i like his style of play.

But if he beats Higgins the next time they play,i will stop liking the bugger!. :grrr: :-D

I won,t mind if he beats Selby today and racks up his 2nd bit o silverware.

But,i,m a tad more for Selby.

Postby lhpirnie

D4P wrote:I wonder if anyone has ever won a 128-person, 7-round event like this while only winning 5 matches along the way...

Indeed, only Q School has such a bye-rate.

But perhaps it's a sign of the times...

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:

Indeed, only Q School has such a bye-rate.

But perhaps it's a sign of the times...

Yea cant believe we wont have more of these w/o during the season has to happen the false positive results is a problem too

Postby Juddernaut88

Surprised at the head to head between Selby and Gould. Still fancy Selby to win this comfortably like a 9-6 scoreline but Snooker is a funny old game and anything can happen!

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Going to watch the final today. Finally going to watch some snooker.

:D

Have you not watched any of the action all week then? I missed all the morning and afternoon action during the week but watched all the evening matches in the week and yesterdays matches too.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Going to watch the final today. Finally going to watch some snooker.

:D

Have you not watched any of the action all week then? I missed all the morning and afternoon action during the week but watched all the evening matches in the week and yesterdays matches too.

I've been a bit busy.

I saw Judd win on Wednesday night, and Ronnie lose on Thursday night and that's pretty much it.

Saw a bit of Kyren and Judd yesterday.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 05 Aug 2022, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

Both Mark Selby and Judd Trump have won there last 9 ranking events finals, it would have been ideal if they both played each other in the final to see which one can keep that run going.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Both Mark Selby and Judd Trump have won there last 9 ranking events finals, it would have been ideal if they both played each other in the final to see which one can keep that run going.

Somebody's 0 has got to go.

Postby TheRocket

Juddernaut88 wrote:Both Mark Selby and Judd Trump have won there last 9 ranking events finals, it would have been ideal if they both played each other in the final to see which one can keep that run going.

Trump would have crushed him.

Postby Juddernaut88

So Martin Gould is Triple H, which wrestler would Mark Selby be? Let's focus on the Attitude era, not the crappy WWE superstars from the past 10 years or so.