Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!!!

Postby Prop

rekoons wrote:Couldn’t watch the evening session. How did both of them play? Better quality?

Yep. Standard kept improving and Ronnie was throwing everything at him. Judd was patient, scored from his chances. Fair result.

Postby Ck147

Juddernaut88 wrote:Yesss get in :happy: My heart was racing like mad there

Congratulations to your man, started getting a bit nervy towards the end there! Happy for you :)

Postby rekoons

Prop wrote:
rekoons wrote:Couldn’t watch the evening session. How did both of them play? Better quality?

Yep. Standard kept improving and Ronnie was throwing everything at him. Judd was patient, scored from his chances. Fair result.

:hatoff:

Glad it still got kinda close then after all.
Best man won.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Yesss get in :happy: My heart was racing like mad there

Congratulations to your man, started getting a bit nervy towards the end there! Happy for you :)

Thank you mate :) it did get very nervy indeed.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie will be in good shape for the UK. He will go far there.

I have a feeling he will.

But him and Trump are on same half, so a Semi-final meeting beckons there.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:his game is in decent shape. the slow start cost him the match which seems to be the pattern against Trump in their recent meetings.

Snooker is all about momentum and having the edge. Ronnie came closer to beating Trump in this final than in the previous two years in my opinion. Trump had the wins over him recently but Ronnie in his current mindset will beat him sooner or later again.

Postby Juddernaut88

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie will be in good shape for the UK. He will go far there.

I have a feeling he will.

But him and Trump are on same half, so a Semi-final meeting beckons there.

Kyren Wilson is in Trump's quarter. Very unfortunate for Judd rofl

Judd has beaten Kyren in 4 of there last 7 meetings! Kyren would probably get knocked out early anyway. But if they do meet in the quarter finals then bring it on.

Postby Andre147

Credit to Trump, when the pressure is on he delivers most of the time.

If it wasn't for losing that Final to Kyren he'd be on 11 or 12 Finals won in a row wouldn't he? But the CL is now a ranker so it counts.

Postby Juddernaut88

TheRocket wrote:Trump is a little bit like prime Hendry now in terms of consistency. But obviously needs to win the Worlds,UK's,Masters now which he hasnt done last year.

Yep well said mate. I agree Judd needs to perform better in the triple crown events. I'm hoping he can maybe win some this season but obviously the likes of Ronnie, Selby and Robertson will be bang up there.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:With how many ranking titles will Trump end up at the end of his career?

50+ seems doable

At this rate he'll have more than Ronnie no doubt.

But he won't have more TC titles than Ronnie, he wasted too many years early on.

Postby Prop

Snooker Overdrive wrote:With how many ranking titles will Trump end up at the end of his career?

50+ seems doable

I was just thinking how long it’d be before he overtook Williams in rankers. 4 more would put him there, with only Davis, Higgins, Hendry and Ronnie above him.