Post a reply

Re: Matchroom.Live Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!!!

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Lol Trump is having a go at Wilson again.

What did he say? I turned off already

They talked about pre 2018 and whether Trump was annoyed he couldnt fulfil his potential and stuff like that. Trump said something like when people started to compare me with Kyren it just spurred me on.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:With how many ranking titles will Trump end up at the end of his career?

50+ seems doable

At this rate he'll have more than Ronnie no doubt.

But he won't have more TC titles than Ronnie, he wasted too many years early on.

It's obviously great that there are so many tournaments nowadays and more money being available, however it heavily inflated the ranking event win stat. When Ronnie was at Trump's age there were in total 6 ranking events a season, not 17.

Postby Andre147

I think it's way more impressive Trump winning the same title by the same scoreline 3 years in a row than actually the act of winning.

Like I said before, as if both players had a bet between themselves on this result.

Postby Iranu

Have to say I’m surprised at how well Judd’s done in the first couple of months of this season. I expected him to do well but after the COVID pause seemed to have stopped his momentum, and his poor form in the TC and Worlds, I thought he’d slip back a little and didn’t see him winning two rankers so quickly.

Let’s see how he does in the UK over the next two weeks - last season was incredible for Judd but not in the majors.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:I think it's way more impressive Trump winning the same title by the same scoreline 3 years in a row than actually the act of winning.

Like I said before, as if both players had a bet between themselves on this result.

That's a serious accusation Andre, do you have any evidence?

Postby Andre147

Ck147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I think it's way more impressive Trump winning the same title by the same scoreline 3 years in a row than actually the act of winning.

buck sake, I'm joking

I would never accuse anyone of anything, not in my position as a referee of course. It's only a joke at how bizarre the result is.

Postby TheRocket

you know whats strange about the Trump-ROS H2H. Trump now leads 8:3 in finals (6:3 if you dont count the tin pot events like PTC and CL) but in semi finals its 5:0 for Ronnie.

It shows me that Ronnie feels much more comfortable against Trump in the pre final matches.

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

buck sake, I'm joking

I would never accuse anyone of anything, not in my position as a referee of course. It's only a joke at how bizarre the result is.

Lol....I was joking too mate

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:you know what its strange about the Trump-ROS H2H. Trump now leads 8:3 in finals (6:3 if you dont count the tin pot events like PTC and CL) but in semi finals its 5:0 for Ronnie.

It shows me that Ronnie feels much more comfortable against Trump in the pre final matches.

Similar to his record against Selby I assume. Haven’t looked it up but it seems he beats him more in semis than finals.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:you know what its strange about the Trump-ROS H2H. Trump now leads 8:3 in finals (6:3 if you dont count the tin pot events like PTC and CL) but in semi finals its 5:0 for Ronnie.

Similar to his record against Selby I assume. Haven’t looked it up but it seems he beats him more in semis than finals.

yeah. Even though against Selby its only 3:5 in finals, 2 of them were decider defeats so its not that bad. But against Trump his record definitely gets worse and worse. Lost the last 4 finals now.

Postby Acé

Decent win but what a rubbish final it was I actually turned it off in the first session around frame 6, good thing there was more quality for this session

Judd is still nervous when he plays against Ronnie that's why the beginning of their matches start very edgy but the difference these days is Judd misses less and ROS misses more hence why Judd has won the opening session 5-3 or more in their last 5 matches since 2018..

Ronnie's the one who has to chase compared to 2011-2017 when it used to be Judd chasing

in terms of level of play there's literally no difference when they play each other, just that 5% extra confidence cuz Judd is used to winning vs Higgins and ROS consistently now and less confidence for them

Postby Iranu

Acé wrote:Decent win but what a rubbish final it was I actually turned it off in the first session around frame 6, good thing there was more quality for this session

Judd is still nervous when he plays against Ronnie that's why the beginning of their matches start very edgy but the difference these days is Judd misses less and ROS misses more hence why Judd has won the opening session 5-3 or more in their last 5 matches since 2018..

Ronnie's the one who has to chase compared to 2011-2017 when it used to be Judd chasing

in terms of level of play there's literally no difference when they play each other, just that 5% extra confidence cuz Judd is used to winning vs Higgins and ROS consistently now and less confidence for them

In this instance Judd also got the better chances in the first session. But yeah generally he starts better than Ronnie.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Trump

“I can’t remember anyone else in the history of the game even getting close to my record in finals against Ronnie. To have a winning record of 7-3 now is absolutely incredible. He is probably the best player that’s ever lived and I’ve got a record like that against him."

Yeah it hasnt to do with the fact that one is his prime and the other is way past it.

If Trump has another season without a Masters, UK or WC win I would start to be worried. For a player in his prime he hasnt done more than a player like Murphy there.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Trump

“I can’t remember anyone else in the history of the game even getting close to my record in finals against Ronnie. To have a winning record of 7-3 now is absolutely incredible. He is probably the best player that’s ever lived and I’ve got a record like that against him."

Yeah it hasnt to do with the fact that one is his prime and the other is way past it.

If Trump has another season without a Masters, UK or WC win I would start to be worried. For a player in his prime he hasnt done more than a player like Murphy there.

+1

We've never had a situation like this in the past where the main rivals of the current best or leading player are 14 years older. And its them 2, Trump meets all the time in the very big matches.

Higgins is about 50% or 60% of the player he was. Ronnie hasnt declined as much as Higgins but still only 70-80% of the player he was.

Even Trumps third biggest rival (Robertson) is 7 years older than him.

Postby hendry_fan

When i was at my freinds,at one point,i said to him,that i wanna check the scores,when i looked,it was 5-2 to Judd.

I saw the evening session and Judd deserved to win.

Breaks wise,it was mediocre.

Judd managed <only> seven 50+ breaks,2 of them were centurys.

Ronnie <only> managed five 50+ers,1 of them was a century.

But the match was still very enjoyable to watch,especially as Judd won. :-D

This is the third year in a row that Trump has beaten Ronnie 9-7 in the final of this event.

He is the first to win a ranking event three times in a row since Stephen Hendry won the UK Championship from 1994 to 1996.

This was Trump's 19th ranking title,one more than Neil Robertson and Mark Selby.

Verrrrry well done Judd!. :win: :clap: <ok> :happy: :happy:

Postby Muller

Agree with those who say Judd's TC haul is still relatively low when compared to his other titles and considering his ability. However, he seems to have hit his prime now so I am expecting more to come in the next few years. I do think there is a certain importance on him getting that second WC next year, Ideally he needs to add either or both of the Masters and UK.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Routine win for Trump in the end. Never in doubt

Don't think any serious fans would have backed Ronnie against Trump.

If he'd got that red in the middle and made it 8 all, the momentum was with Ronnie. So I disagree. He almost did to Judd what he did to Selby in the worlds, and Judd is well aware that can happen still at any time.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Routine win for Trump in the end. Never in doubt

Don't think any serious fans would have backed Ronnie against Trump.

If he'd got that red in the middle and made it 8 all, the momentum was with Ronnie. So I disagree. He almost did to Judd what he did to Selby in the worlds, and Judd is well aware that can happen still at any time.

Indeed. Ronnie was very close to winning. He started the match very poorly but in the end he was finding his form and came very close to beating Judd. That red to the middle was very close and that would have changed everything. A lot of 'serious' fans also said Ronnie would never win the worlds again, especially if he had to play Selby.

Postby Juddernaut88

hendry_fan wrote:When i was at my freinds,at one point,i said to him,that i wanna check the scores,when i looked,it was 5-2 to Judd.

I saw the evening session and Judd deserved to win.

Breaks wise,it was mediocre.

Judd managed <only> seven 50+ breaks,2 of them were centurys.

Ronnie <only> managed five 50+ers,1 of them was a century.

But the match was still very enjoyable to watch,especially as Judd won. :-D

This is the third year in a row that Trump has beaten Ronnie 9-7 in the final of this event.

He is the first to win a ranking event three times in a row since Stephen Hendry won the UK Championship from 1994 to 1996.

This was Trump's 19th ranking title,one more than Neil Robertson and Mark Selby.

Verrrrry well done Judd!. :win: :clap: <ok> :happy: :happy:

Thanking you :happy: