Post a reply

Re: Betway UK Championship Last 64 !!!!!

Postby Ck147

Dan-cat wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:125 for jordan brown

He's getting the train home?

Don't have those around here any more :( Still got my model one though :)

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:You should all watch the Masters 2015 and see what level Murphy can produce. Especially when he destroyed Robertson 10:2 in the final.

He is a pretty weak safety player for Top16 standards, thats obvious but on a good day he is extremely good in what he can do the best which is scoring and potting.

Remember what Bruce Lee said. 'I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times'.

Matt Selt just made 5 centuries in a bo11.

Being able to play devastating snooker doesn’t mean you’re a top player.

Selt is a mere journeyman who cant back it up. Murphy has proven on several occasions he can play a high level throughout a whole tournament and thats why he's won the titles he has.

You can call him a poor allrounder or safety player but his potting and scoring ability have proven to be enough to compete at the highest level and even win a World title.

Look, I get all that. I just don’t understand how.

I actually think his potting is overrated, or to be more accurate is not what it once was. He’s awesome at half ball pots round the back of the black, and very good at the just-off-straight pots and things like that but for how good a potter he is he’s a dreadful single-ball potter (i.e. potting the ball towards the end of a frame that seals him that frame).

His breakbuilding is awesome when he can use brute force but he lacks finesse.

I think his abundant confidence helps him immensely and when he loses that he looks bang average for long periods and can’t buy a win. (Compared to, say, Selby who can win two rankers a season even when low on confidence.)

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:when was the last time a 20 year old british played looked as good as junxu pang , shaun murphy in 2003 :-D

Pang hasn't played that well tonight. But what's not in doubt is his tremendous fighting spirit.

As for Shaun Murphy, he's a top player when in form. But at times in the last few years he's been really out of form. Just like everyone else, some snooker players haven't had a good year with this covid. Murphy's situation has not been easy.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:You should all watch the Masters 2015 and see what level Murphy can produce. Especially when he destroyed Robertson 10:2 in the final.

He is a pretty weak safety player for Top16 standards, thats obvious but on a good day he is extremely good in what he can do the best which is scoring and potting.

Remember what Bruce Lee said. 'I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times'.

Matt Selt just made 5 centuries in a bo11.

Being able to play devastating snooker doesn’t mean you’re a top player.

Selt is a mere journeyman who cant back it up. Murphy has proven on several occasions he can play a high level throughout a whole tournament and thats why he's won the titles he has.

You can call him a poor allrounder or safety player but his potting and scoring ability have proven to be enough to compete at the highest level and even win a World title.

Look, I get all that. I just don’t understand how.

I actually think his potting is overrated, or to be more accurate is not what it once was. He’s awesome at half ball pots round the back of the black, and very good at the just-off-straight pots and things like that but for how good a potter he is he’s a dreadful single-ball potter (i.e. potting the ball towards the end of a frame that seals him that frame).

His breakbuilding is awesome when he can use brute force but he lacks finesse.

I think his abundant confidence helps him immensely and when he loses that he looks bang average for long periods and can’t buy a win. (Compared to, say, Selby who can win two rankers a season even when low on confidence.)

Doctor to ward B, STAT, patient not going to sleep.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:Doctor to ward B, STAT, patient not going to sleep.

You try going to sleep with a bucking hole in your torso :grrr: <laugh>

Postby cupotee

lhpirnie wrote:
cupotee wrote:when was the last time a 20 year old british played looked as good as junxu pang , shaun murphy in 2003 :-D

Pang hasn't played that well tonight. But what's not in doubt is his tremendous fighting spirit.

As for Shaun Murphy, he's a top player when in form. But at times in the last few years he's been really out of form. Just like everyone else, some snooker players haven't had a good year with this covid. Murphy's situation has not been easy.

my point though not well conveyed was more about the lack of british youth coming through , i'm actually getting more interested in matches between south east asian players than anything with british just because it seems like the slowly boiling frog analogy that its going to become south east asian dominated , i don't mind in any way at all just prefer to be more where its at as a viewer .

Postby cupotee

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

He'll probably win buck all and fall off tour within a couple of years.

can't see it , he's a rich man's joe o connor with a 5 year start .

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:

Did you remember your charger? My dad forgot his earlier this year, was a nightmare trying to get it to him during lockdown.

Postby lhpirnie

cupotee wrote:
lhpirnie wrote:

my point though not well conveyed was more about the lack of british youth coming through , i'm actually getting more interested in matches between south east asian players than anything with british just because it seems like the slowly boiling frog analogy that its going to become south east asian dominated , i don't mind in any way at all just prefer to be more where its at as a viewer .

Oh don't worry, the British players will come through. It's very difficult for young players right now, but even more difficult if they are non-British. Someone like Chang Bingyu is really talented, but he's got a tough job to avoid relegation. He might just have to go back to Xinjiang after 2 years and lose his way.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Did you remember your charger? My dad forgot his earlier this year, was a nightmare trying to get it to him during lockdown.

Yes thank god! And earphones so I don’t have to listen to three different snorers.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Yes thank god! And earphones so I don’t have to listen to three different snorers.

Oh, you didn't get a private room, thought you were rich? I remember crashing my mountain bike when I was younger and spending a night in hospital...the worst part was the snorers, didn't get any sleep, discharged myself in the morning and got the bus home.

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Oh, you didn't get a private room, thought you were rich? I remember crashing my mountain bike when I was younger and spending a night in hospital...the worst part was the snorers, didn't get any sleep, discharged myself in the morning and got the bus home.

Spent all my savings on new underwear.

Yeah it’s so annoying! Will probably cut through my earphones too.

Postby TheRocket

@ Iranu

Murphy imo is pretty much what Trump was prior to 2015 maybe. Which is still a topplayer and tournament winner level.

Despite having weaknesses in the safety and even breakbuilding department it didnt stop them from having the odd golden run when everything clicks and they could steamroll opponents throughout the whole tournament, not just one match.

If Trump had won the World Championship in 2011 it would have been a copy of Murphys 2005 run and the way he had done it.

But Trump has obviously evolved whereas Murphy hasnt. Thats why Trump should be an All-Time great by the end of his career while Murphy wont. But Murphy's still had a good career nevertheless.

Postby Ck147

Radzi doing the highlights. Got to see Kyren finish up the match after I switched to f1 when it was on earlier. Now it's Murphy vs Slessor 1-4, I wonder what happens...

Postby Ck147

...Slessor trashed Smurph, not news I know. Seema doing Snooker Extra now, Selby match, I'm off to bed.

Looking forward to Trump v Wenbo tomorrow afternoon, hope I don't have too many meetings. Then Robbo v Li Hang in the evening,

Postby Dan-cat

What's intriguing for me about Murphy's lack of evolving his game like Trump did is that... well he's a lot more intelligent that Trump. You'd think he'd have the nouse to change his game the way Trump did.

Maybe his early World's victory gave him the sense that he'd done enough in the game already?

Postby SnookerEd25

chengdufan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:I just cannot bring myself to watch Wilson.

Why not get someone to take you?

rofl

Sparkling wordplay :clap:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Dan-cat wrote:What's intriguing for me about Murphy's lack of evolving his game like Trump did is that... well he's a lot more intelligent that Trump. You'd think he'd have the nouse to change his game the way Trump did.

Maybe his early World's victory gave him the sense that he'd done enough in the game already?

He didn't have LASER EYE SURGERY.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:What's intriguing for me about Murphy's lack of evolving his game like Trump did is that... well he's a lot more intelligent that Trump. You'd think he'd have the nouse to change his game the way Trump did.

Joke all you want it’s clearly one of if not the biggest factor in Judd’s recent success :no:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Joke all you want it’s clearly one of if not the biggest factor in Judd’s recent success :no:

I was being serious. It's obvious Judd became successful right after his surgery.