Post a reply

Re: Betfred Masters Q Final : Ronnie O'Sullivan v John Higgi

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:Redact now, André. Or my barrister will be giving you a call.

You have spelled my name correctly, it's André actually. But I'm fine with just Andre, like Andre Agassi in Tennis.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:

You have spelled my name correctly, it's André actually. But I'm fine with just Andre, like Andre Agassi in Tennis.

Confused. It is André, or Andre?

Postby Lucky

Pink Ball wrote:
Lucky wrote:Maybe one day this sport will move on a new generation will emerge. Like a sporting groundhog day. Bowls has a more dynamic protagonist list.

Yeah, it's bullocks. It was a great match tonight, but I don't get the fawning over Higgins and O'Sullivan matches. They should both be relics by now. Especially Higgins.

To be honest, its embarrassing, I've got a 12 year old son who 'tries' to watch snooker with me, every match is either a walkover or the same 5 or 6 players who are the same age as me.....no other sport is so stuck in the past.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Lucky wrote:Maybe one day this sport will move on a new generation will emerge. Like a sporting groundhog day. Bowls has a more dynamic protagonist list.

Yeah, it's bullocks. It was a great match tonight, but I don't get the fawning over Higgins and O'Sullivan matches. They should both be relics by now. Especially Higgins.

I agree but today is not the best example of that.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

It's André, and you spelled it correctly.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ahh ok <laugh> I share the English version of your name <ok>

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Those two 45 year old played like a 30 year old in their prime today, so every reason to love that match.

We dont have enouigh young talent coming through, but is that the Class of 92 fault? Of course not.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ahh ok <laugh> I share the English version of your name <ok>

Andrew then? Great <ok>

Postby Prop

eraserhead wrote:Hearn has done a lot for the game but has he really grown it for the future :chin:

He’s hinted quite transparently that he’s going to drop it and bugger off soon.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie has won one Triple Crown title every season since 11/12.

Has to win the World title again now to keep the streak alive.

Hope he does it, but of course that amazing streak will have to end someday. Defending the world title like in 2013 would be wonderful, especially since he'll be 45. I think he can do it.

Postby eraserhead

Prop wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Hearn has done a lot for the game but has he really grown it for the future :chin:

He’s hinted quite transparently that he’s going to drop it and bugger off soon.

Would have liked to see more than gambling sponsor snooker but it's clearly beyond Hearn's reach.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Yeah, I get that.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:

Hope he does it, but of course that amazing streak will have to end someday. Defending the world title like in 2013 would be wonderful, especially since he'll be 45. I think he can do it.

That farm he was apparently working at in the run up to the 2013 Worlds... I’m pretty sure it was a snooker room that happened to have a farm close by.

Postby Andre147

Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That farm he was apparently working at in the run up to the 2013 Worlds... I’m pretty sure it was a snooker room that happened to have a farm close by.

He should go to that farm again a few weeks before the worlds this season.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:
Prop wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

He should go to that farm again a few weeks before the worlds this season.

100% <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ck147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Ronnie should have stuck with right handed break offs.

Yes. He needs to learn a bit from Robbo in this department. Robbo changes the side of the pack he hits depending on whether his opponent is left or right handed, that is a great idea.
Ronnie keeps playing on the right side of the pack (the way he's looking at it), thus he leaves a red to the left side, which is easier to pot for a right handed player. To make an analogy to tennis, it's like playing a forehand shot, it's far easier than a backhand.

I noticed Robbo changed sides but didn't realise why - good spot there Johnny

He mentioned that in an interview, it's a really smart thing to do, mix it up a bit.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Yes. He needs to learn a bit from Robbo in this department. Robbo changes the side of the pack he hits depending on whether his opponent is left or right handed, that is a great idea.
Ronnie keeps playing on the right side of the pack (the way he's looking at it), thus he leaves a red to the left side, which is easier to pot for a right handed player. To make an analogy to tennis, it's like playing a forehand shot, it's far easier than a backhand.

He mentioned that in an interview, it's a really smart thing to do, mix it up a bit.

I never change sides myself, I always break off from the green side. Breaking off from the yellow side seems very strange to me, even in a videogame lol.

Postby Prop

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I never change sides myself, I always break off from the green side. Breaking off from the yellow side seems very strange to me, even in a videogame lol.

Are you left handed?

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:

Yes and No.
As long as you are fit, your eyesight is ok, you practice hard and still have the desire, there's no reason to be past it at the age of 45. I'd say 50 is the point of decline, due to a drop in eyesight.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Yeah, I get that.

I guess the problem came in the first round. Allen and Ding are both the generation that should be dispatching Ronnie and Higgins before thy got the chance to put on tonight’s show.

No coincidence that they both fluffed their lines at the death.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

So, if I understand this correctly, you spot the white between green and brown. But which part of the pack do you hit (from your body position) ? The right or the left side of the pack (as you look at it) ?

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:So, if I understand this correctly, you spot the white between green and brown. But which part of the pack do you hit (from your body position) ? The right or the left side of the pack (as you look at it) ?

Left side of course.