Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Players Championship Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Iranu

LC wrote:Lisowski got the makings of a modern day jimmy white, a nearly man tho he’d probably snap your hands off for 10 rankers at the min

Lisowski’s not fit to hold Jimmy’s cue as things stand! He’s more Tornado than Whirlwind.

Postby The_Abbott

Iranu wrote:
LC wrote:Lisowski got the makings of a modern day jimmy white, a nearly man tho he’d probably snap your hands off for 10 rankers at the min

Lisowski’s not fit to hold Jimmy’s cue as things stand! He’s more Tornado than Whirlwind.

More a slight breeze

Postby D4P

The_Abbott wrote:
Iranu wrote:

More a slight breeze

Candle in the Wind

Postby Iranu

The_Abbott wrote:
Iranu wrote:

More a slight breeze

Tornado as in Tony Drago

Postby LDS

The_Abbott wrote:Just turned on to watch the evenings snooker. It finished early thanks Ronnie :no:

Same here, saw the 2nd frame in a gap, then settled down at 9pm to watch the closing frames and it was Ronnie being interviewed, lol. Last night when I settled down at 20 past 9 Hawkins was leading Bingham 3-2 <laugh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
McManusFan wrote:I think Rob Walker commentating is a Welsh open thing, rather than a COVID thing. He deffinately did some the previous year at the Welsh.

Yes.

I think him being at The Crucible was a Covid thing. Him being at the Welsh Open was an every year thing.

i think theres more too it than that at the crucible it was a Covid thing with John Virgo not there and Rob was at the Crucible as MC with nobody there they gave him a extra thing to do

But for the Welsh he was not MC and they realised he has really good snooker knowledge and does research so BBC wales used him.

Anyone who watched the WC qualifiers on facebook or youtube he really knows what hes doing and is a enthusiastic snooker fan and really knows his stuff.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie home and hosed by 9pm. Early night for all!

Its been a pretty rubbish matches at the quarters but some brilliant performances today from Kyren and Ronnie

Postby Reg Varney

TheRocket wrote:Jill says Kyren wll play Barry Hawkins in the next round. Embarrassing.

She looks so unprepared this week, even more so than usual, constantly looking down at her notes and stumbling over her words. Surprised Crafty Ken didn't pull her up on this, or maybe he didn't know either.

Postby hendry_fan

So whats on the menu today.

Klicks onto snooker.org,looks at upcoming matches.

OHHH WOWWWW!.The Wizard of Wishaw v The :selby: from Lester!. <cool>

Always very intrestin when these 2 play against each other.

Who do i think,ll win. :chin: I don,t have a buckin clue.

I won,t be too disappointed if John ends up losin,as i also like Selby.

Works finished for this week,n I,ve done my chores and have no appointments,meetings today,the daily chat with the missus has also already been done,so i,ll be able to watch the whole of the match, :happy: unless it goes on till 00.00. :-D

Postby Prop

Not much to add regarding Lisowski vs Ronnie. We’ve all seen that before from Ronnie.

Lisowski really needs a stronger tactical game. He did play some good safety in an early part of the match, but shot choice let him down. That plant he took on was rather dodgy. All that said, I doubt even Selby/Higgins levels of tactical ability would have beaten Ronnie. Perhaps made it closer. Jack has all the ability in the world but he’s putting it all into one basket in his approach.

Wilson’s really chipping away in the right direction now. I called him average a year ago, which I stick by; he was average then but he’s a better player now. He’s taken the criticism of his cueball control and used it constructively, and he’s seeing it pay off. He always struck me as a ‘hardworking student’ of the game rather than a pure natural, and that’s no bad thing at all. He’s exactly the kind of player that embraces the idea of learning, improvement and development, and he’s gone out and improved the key aspect of his game that needed it. He was already in healthy shape in terms of wins and ranking before his game saw this uptick, so I expect even more consistency in his achievements in the future. Good on him.

A clash of the master-tacticians this afternoon, which I think is tough to call. Higgins looked in pretty good nick against Brown, but that match might not have been the best barometer of Higgins’ form. It was John Higgins playing under very little pressure. It wasn’t exactly exceptional under the circumstances. That said, he does sound happy with his game; chatting with Angles he talked about how he’s worked on feathering closer to the white and he feels it’s paying off.

It could be a great match if we see the best of both players. Tactical astuteness aside, they’re two of the biggest scorers in the game. People forget that about Selby, especially. He’s got his haters, and when his back is against the wall and it’s in his favour to turn things into a scrapfest, he can soil a table like no other player. But he’s well capable of banging in 100s after 100s. Hopefully we don’t see too much trench warfare, but a good mix of scoring and quality safety battles would make good viewing.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheRocket wrote:Higgins-Selby will be a 3-4 hour slugfest. 6:5 either way.

Hope so. Without any afternoon play ( :grrr: :grrr:) I'll be well up for that

:D

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerEd25 wrote:

That match is this afternoon, is it not?

Starting in just under an hour?

I always get abit confused with the silly ITV scheduling.

Postby Prop

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Yeah, tomorrow is the day with only an evening match.

Postby Cloud Strife

Prop wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Yeah, tomorrow is the day with only an evening match.

Yep, the tournament resumes this evening.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerEd25 wrote:

I,m also well up for it,as long as it does,nt drag on till 00.00.I,ll be in bed by that time. :-D

Btw,Who r u rootin for? :chin: